No announcement yet.

The nature of ghosts in "Abroad"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wizy your right, because Nita saw something swim pass her or something like that when they went back in to the ocean after the song. It said that at the end of the book. Like she knew he was in Timeheart.
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

she went to time heart and saw him once, i thought, with the lotus...or am i mistaken? anyways, haunted room? anything interesting (or scary/creepy) ever happen in it?
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I don't remember Nita seeing him with the lotus. I need to find that part. It's in "Deep Wizardry" right?

I've been to Wizy's house. I haven't noticed anything ghostly but his dog wont go into his room. We don't know why. But then again his dog has taken to biting certain people lately and I'm one of them. But I've never noticed anything. Now, Wizy does have some ghost stories about his room however...
        Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
        Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

I think I might have experienced a haunting, but I was half asleep, so I can't be sure. It was around three in the morning, and it was a bit creepy. I sat up, having heard something, and then I heard a piercing scream, and saw a few different runes written before me on the wall. I had quickly translated the runes into something like, "there will be great danger, because the door between worlds has opened, and will no longer protect our people" and I saw a little girl appear, then fade into the wall. Then I heard this woman's voice say, "We have to close it, or they'll find out about us!" I think it might have just been a dream, because then I went to sleep, and the next morning, the runes were gone.
          My mom said she once experienced a haunting as well. She was visiting her parents' house, and she was sleeping in her old room, and saw a figure of a woman standing at the end of her bed. Then she says the woman just disappeared. I think we were both just dreaming, but if not, those were creepy hauntings. REALLY creepy. *is too skeptical for her own good*
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

or not skeptical enough if they're false and plauging you anyways. :P but the open mind is a better approach, really....personally, i had my book fall off my desk twice, once because it was hanging off, and the second time for no discernable reason...i could have SWARN i saw a hand hit the first time...but none of the people in front of my desk look like it had been them. ah well, probably just my imagination...
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Four or five years ago I was at my friend's dad's house and we were babysitting her little sister at night. Her sister was already in bed trying to sleep so we were watching tv downstairs. Then we started to hear a weird noise coming from the stairs, it was really scary. The funny thing is we were sitting like across from the stairs so we would have seen something go up or down from it. We were a little freaked out after when her dog started to bark towards the stairs. *shivers* Then like seconds later her sister started to cry so we had to force ourselves to go up the stairs to get her. After that we always heard really weird noises. Then her dad moved so there were no more scary stuff! I thought it was really weird though. *thinks about the twilight zone*
              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

i have a number of haunting realated stories but ill tell you the best. well this has happened about 4 times to me in my life and only in my room this this some people like to call sleep peralisis has happened. but i know other wise. this first i had gotten up for schoool made my bed and got dressed. i layed down on my bed because i was bored and i heard music playing from my speakers start to play. but i never turned it on. now thats not the only thing i couldent move. i could inch by inch but it hurt extreamly bad. i cluld move my eyes regularly and i knew that i would have to jerck myself out of it. which i did after about three minutes. now when i finished i thought maby i was asleep and just had a nightmar so i didnt worry about it, i layed back down and it happened again but this time it hurt more to move and i couldnt speak or make a sound. and the radio station i listen to normally was playing. i finally got out of it in the middle of one of my favorite songs and turned my radio on and that song was playing the part it would have been playing. let me tell you i was freacked. it happened again about a month late but with no music and i was easly able to get out of it. but the last time it happend i heard breathing behined me and it felt as it somthing was behined me watching me. it terrified me. so bad when i got out (after about 10 minutes, i had to move off the bed and fall on the floor a coul=ple of feet away to get me out. i told my teacher the next day. (parents already think im crazy dont need to add on it) and she said somthing about the devil but it hasent happened in a few months i hope it doesnt happpen again.
                its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

I can scientifically explain the "not being able to move/hurting to move" thing. It's called Sleep Paralysis, or something. It's what happens when you fall asleep, but then wake up, but your body is still paralized from sleeping, and you can't move, or it really hurts to move. In some cases, those affected by it continue to dream, though they are awake, and that's where most "Alien Abduction" stories come from. The most common "alien abduction" story goes something like "I wasn't able to move, and then this weird humanoid-looking being came towards me! I tried to move, but it hurt, and I couldn't!" I saw a Discovery Channel show on it. That could explain hearing the radio, but it couldn't explain that the exact same song was actually playing. The paralysis thing happened to me a few nights ago, and to get out of it, I tried to move one of my legs, and now I have a sprained knee and ankle because of it.
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Sleep Paralysis Weird I had never heard of that do you know why it happens or if there are certain conditions that cause it?what if there was someone who got permantaly stuck?

Comment

I don't know if someone could get stuck permanently, I don't think so. I don't know why it happens, it just happens if you wake up before you fully wake up-if that makes any sense at all, which it probably doesn't.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

never has happened to me...it's possible the entier thing was a dream (Including turning the radio off) but why not ghosts? i actually once had someone explain that even GHOSTS are scientifically possible...very much so, actually.
                        energy contained within the human body going on to exist seperately after it's passing, or something like that...either way, it was a scientifically sound expression. and she said she knew some called it sleep paralysis but she doesn't believe it's truly that.

Comment

energy contained within the human body going on to exist seperately after it's passing, or something like that...
                          Well, I don't know about you, but that's not really what I call scientifically sound. Ghosts are probably not inconsistent with modern science but there's certainly no reason (IMO) to think that they do exist. *shrug*
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

i dont' think that was the exact explanation or anything. :P but we all know energy doesn't just disappeare....who's to say that when you die,all that energy has to leave you and enter some other form? who's to say it can't continueto live on in what would pass as ghostly form? i think that was the general gist of the explanation...there's nothing to say taht they DON"T either. if i'm given the choice of beleiving that something like this can be real (provided that there's no actual bad ghosts going around killing people. :P) and there's equal reason to believe both sides, i think i'd rather choose the belive in it theme...no worse chance of being wrong, and it allows for a bit of actual hope. :P

Comment

ummm... i dunno... i hear that ghosts are acually just memorys that has happened to get stuck in a time warp deal and cannt leave... human emotions make them last, and be stronger... its just a theroy but still its interesting.

and ok we think its sleep Paralysis but how do you explain the radio and i heard it playing without it being on?
                              its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

No, that's more like a ghast: a fragment of a past life left behind in order to allow the rest of them to move on. Created when something so haunting happens, that it would drag down the person who has it...mostly unknown to the average person, unless really strong. :P Ok, so i've been reading too much of the last apprentice! anyways, if they were stuck in a time warp, you'd think they could only BE in a certain time...they wouldn't continue going on PAST that time, no matter what emmotions surrounded.

and maybe the turning on the radio again was part of the dream, not something you did once you were awake?

Comment

Working...
                                X