No announcement yet.

The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Someone is bellowing from the foot of the castle, asking to be let in. Meteorite looks down, and sees a couple of people being hard pressed by encroaching demon-like creatures.*
    "Can you climb?"
    *She pulls a fistful of something out of her belt, which has many pockets and pouches, and whispers to it, then shakes it over the side of the wall. Seeds hit the ground at the foot of the wall, but even before they touch earth, they have sprouted and begun to send out tendrils. Within seconds, a sturdy vine has grown up the side of the castle.*
    "Come on up, but hurry. I don't want the critters who are chasing you to follow you up the ladder."

OOC: you can call my character Questing -- it's a holdover from a long-running fantasy campaign I was in.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• OOT: db, it was going to be very simple and we should have been out of there by now but...I'm not sure when it got all complicated. Somewhere along the line it was hinted that Diego was special for some reason and probably has hidden powers or soemthing. Oh well. I'm going to handle this the old-fashioned way.
      In-topic:
      Nightshade sketched firmly and quickly. After about a minute, she put the pencil down and looked at the drawing with a grimly satisfied expression. Changing into a dragon, she plunged a claw into the sketchbook and pulled the claw out with something...odd...on its tip. Carefully, she rested the tip of the claw against the wall.
      Stand back.
      A slight visual buzz rippled from the point of her claw, and Nightshade closed her eyes; searing waves of heat were rolling from the wall. Then--there was no wall.
      Come on, Diego.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
      -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
      *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
      http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Martina and Ged swung up the vines to the castle, where Questing and the archers stood.
        "Thanks," said Martina, nodding at Questing.. Then she leaned over the wall and breathed on the vine. It flashed to a flame and crumbled to the ground. "See? All under control."

Martina glanced around. "Good..." she raised her voice. "Archers! You need to aim for the heart! Can anyone here fire a siege bow?" There was a mutter, and one of the crowd ducked out of ranks and passed behind, a short man dressed in a fletcher's clothes.

"I can," he said. "John Fletcher." he offered his hand, and Martina grasped it.
        "Martina. Thanks. Now, I ... yes, I did, there's a siege bow over there." She gestured towards a point on the battlements. " I was wathcing them earlier- there are a couple of them that we need to take down, and they're so big, it's going to take a siege bow just to get the arrow through them. And then probably fire- but I can handle that. Have you that accuracy?"
        The man walked over to the bow, and examined it. "I expect so..."

<OOc: So now I feel like I'm monopolising the scene. Speak, all!>
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Questing squints into the dimness. "What are they? If they're natural-born animals, I can try to have a word with them, but if they're unnatural creations, there's not much I can do with them, besides clobber them good. By the way, you didn't need to ash the vine. It was bougainvillea, and one I'd specially bred. No matter what tries to climb it, after I give the word, it would have to contend with foot-long thorns."

Comment

• Martina I'm leaving you in charge- Not like I have to, sh ealready did it herself while I organize people inside the castle to move out!
            ged went in...
            OOT-I'll keep writing later.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed...
            You can tell THEM you're Homeward Bounder.
            GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
            "Wisemen talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Martina glanced up and away from the bow. "Oh, really? My apologies." She gave a dry grin. "My instincts tend towards 'whatever it is, torch it,-' hereditary, possibly, but not always very useful. I hope it won't be hard to replace... as for our pleasant company, well, they're vampires- well, I say vampires, because they have vampiric traits- bloodsuckers, the whole wood issue. And fire. But they're not really in the form of your traditional vampire- they're not human. More... bat-like. Leathery. And, as you can see, they're _big._ They took down Diego, and he was on a fully-fledged dragon at the time. I was thinking- you can talk to natural creations? Because their origin is a bit suspect, but what I was planning on doing, with John's help, was to spear them, and then have the spear explode. You any good at making the wood go bang? Or even hardening it would be good, with that skin."

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

• Ged went in and started saying orders. Okay people listen up! We have good archers already now, we need a small group of soldiers to fight the vampires, use fire and get some wood and try to make it like a spyke and talk it to being fast like a bullet. This group should be a maximum number of 15 people because we already got a lot of archers fighting vampires. If you got a way of transportation better than your feet use it now because you'll have to run a lot...they're really fast. For the other group I need 30 person to put protecting spells on the walls and to heal the hurt...Martina is gonna be in charge while I handle personally on Diego's and Nightshade's rescue...

You can tell THEM you're Homeward Bounder.
                GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
                "Wisemen talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"
                Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Questing looks doubtful. "I don't think I can make the wood itself go "bang"; it's not in its nature to do so. If I can work with someone who knows that nifty fireball trick, though, I can imbed the fireball spell into the wood of a spear. We can then make what amounts to a cruise missile out of the spear -- when it hits something, it goes boom. Why not just hit them with the fireball spell itself, though?"

She looks thoughtful for a moment, then grins. "You said these beasties are vampiric in nature -- how do they react to garlic? I'm very good with plants, and I have some garlic cloves in one of my bags. We can make them think they invaded a Polish-Italian baby luau!"

Comment

• Martina laughed aloud. "I have no idea, but it's definitely worth a try..." she grinned maliciously. "And imagine how humiliating, too... yeah, that's a great idea. I'm trying for fire balls and spears mostly because, well, for a start I think their skin might be o thick that fire alone wouldn't do much damage. Also, I like siege bows." She snorted. "Maybe not a good reason, but hey, I like it... embedding the spell in would be really good, if you would." She walked over to John, who had been playing around with the bow. "We're going to spell the arrows well, they'll be spears really- and then hand them over to you. The ones you want are bigger than the others by about three feet, and one of them hs an unusual face... it's got a scar right across the front." She gestured out. "Can you see them?"

"It's a bit dark for me. I can see general shapes, but nothing clearly."
                    "You don't have witch sight? Ah, I see your problem." Martina squinted thoughtfully, then turned to Ged and Questing. "Do either of you know a good spell for night seeing?"

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

• OOT: I don't think it's been 12 hours, but quite frankly I don't care. Special circumstances. Marama is getting UP.
                      Marama reappeared near Martina.
                      I've taken care of the two in the cells. They'll land near Sirius. Ged, you SOO owe me. Martina, you always were a sucker for fire.
                      Marama grinned.
                      Can I play too?

OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• (OOC: no, it hasn't been... but who cares, I don't. )
                        Martina glanced around and down. "Ah, sister, so nice to see you again, not. However, since you asked so nicely... yes, you can come play. In fact, what I'd love you to do is to fix John, here, up." Martina nodded at the man. "He's our archer of choice, but he has poor night vision.... would you like to give him a hand?"

<OOC : how does a _cat_ grin? )

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

• Ged appeared at the green plain where they had been before, he knew that Marama would've done her part of the plan. Otherwise Ged will have to go there and take them out. He knew he only had to go flying and watch out. He was a very experienced wizard. But it was better to not take risks and let Marama do her part. If not...He was ready.

"You do one line, you do the time."
                          Right Lee?
                          GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
                          Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I thought Lee closed this down..... Not that I want it to be closed down or anything... But I'm confused...

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                            "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

• OOC:
                              Tui: Cats do grin. Haven't you ever seen a grinning cat?
                              Agent M: Well, aphro wrote her and made such a beautiful case for this topic that she put it back up.
                              Back-in-character:
                              Of course.
                              Martina closed her eyes and her outline blurred; after a moment, she opened them again.
                              That should be all right, so long as it isn't a new moon. Wherever there is moonlight, he will be able to see as well as you do, Martina.

[This message was edited by papercrane on 12 October 2003 at 10:05.]
                              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Hmm.. Really? Well I think that the girl who asks too many questions has hung up her weapons and is done with the fighting days....

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                                "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
                                *Agent~M*
                                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X