No announcement yet.

The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A large goose dropped down next to Nightshade and Diego, then transformed back into Questing. She quickly took inventory of the way Nightshade was laying, pale and barely breathing, and turned to Diego. "It looks as if she just overextended herself, but there might be something more deadly at work. If she expended all her power into that one blast, she might have accidentally linked herself to the troll vampire. He can siphon off power from her, slowly getting stronger, while she never fully recovers. If she is linked, we need to sever that link, fast! Otherwise the troll vampire will just pop back up, faster than before and backed by her power."

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Oh, Let me check Diego raised his hands and sensed for intruders in Nightshade's mind. Yeah but it is not the vampire's mind that's inside her, what's inside her is what is inside of the vampire, so what's using the vampire is using her through the vampire. It doesn't matter if we find a way of killing or making the vampire stop using her because the thing will still be there. She will not be able to severe the connection on her own...she's still weak. I should not have been feeding her that power. Said Diego as he began pacing the ground looking for a solution. There's only one thing that can be done He said while looking at Questing with a worried expression I must enter her mind and stop the thing that's inside it, and hope that it doesn't get me

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
      "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
      "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• OOT: huh. The reply I wrote doesn't fit now...oh well. And, for the record, Nightshade had to be a dragon to flame and thus is currently a dragon.
        Back-again: Nightshade stirred, lifting a tattered black wing. Her eyes flickered open.
        Thanks, Diego. That power actually helped me break off the connection. Also, I think I took most of the troll's power with me; you won't have to worry about him for awhile.

Marama flicked a whisker at Martina. "Sounds good to me. Think you're up to it, little sister?"

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
        *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
        http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
        My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Martina raised an eybrow and for a moment, with a wicked frin, looked uncannily like that cat.
          "I know I am. Well, actually, I don't." She bit her lip. "I haven't done this on more than a small scale for a while. But it's probably like riding a bicycle, right?"

She glanced around. "Who else might be up for this? I can't see-" she looked down at the cat. "Can you tell me what the others are up to?"

<OOC: Uh... sorry to drop you in the cacky, papercrane... >

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
          --Agent M
          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Diego, Nightshade, and Questing are trying--unsuccessfully--to pour a melted troll vampire into a small glass bottle. But the rest aren't in moonlight.
            Marama arched her back, stretching.
            Best take a nap now. It takes a lot out of you. Good day.
            With that, she curled up and was asleep in moments.

OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I think it'll be best if we took it to the fortress. Of course a mere bottle will not contain him. I'm gonna make some adjusments to the fire "cell" in wich he is now. Diego started talking again and the rings of fire wich had contained the vampire started to turn smaller and smaller till it was a small ball of light almost 1 feet. Diego took it in his hand and said Should we get going now?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
              "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Shifting to human form, Nightshade nodded.
                I hope Ged or someone knows what to do.

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Yeah, and I gotta ask some healers to heal half of my face.He smiled the hurt part of the face moving strangely. Let's get going He mounted Sirius and flew...

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Hey isn't anybody gonna answer this? Diego was already near the fortress but he turned back. Waiting for theothers.

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Hallie stood staring, trying to figure out what to do"uh, is there anything I can help with?" she asked dumbly, she had just taken the oath two days ago and now...

Comment

• Questing stood looking after Diego and Nightshade. "First he complains about needing a healer, then he takes off," she said, rather crossly. "I do wish he'd slow down enough to let the rest of us catch up. He's going to meet himself returning before he's left, one of these days. Since he's got the vampire bottled up, at least for now, I guess we should follow." She sighed, and went henshin into her trademark large goose, then flew after them.

Comment

• Lilly winced at a sudden pain in her head.

"My father's angry," she said. "Things aren't going his way. I think he might try something drastic soon."

She looked at Hallie. "I'm sure there's someone somewhere who could use your help. What's your specialty?"

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
                          "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
                          WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
                          Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

• <OOC: Might as well join in. This looks like fun.>

"Something Drastic" showed up on the doorstep.

A century of the great army's evil mercenaries could be seen moving double-time through the ranks of the minor creatures. They all looked dangerous, with a murderous glint in their eyes. They were the army's hired hands. The best combatants this side of the planet.

Among them were two distinct figures: A fair Bishounen with flaming eyes and a demon's smile (Guess who?), and a black furred male catperson. The demon held a Katana before him, looking eager to cut something into several twitching peices. The catperson held two swords. They exchanged glances of anticipation.

The century was fast approaching the gate of the fortress...

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
                            'Mancer
                            Foam Poet
                            "It was a bad line and a prank call, someone spouting insane babble; I couldn't make sense of it. But I had an overwhelmeing sense of deja vu, and the caller's voice sounded oddly familiar."

Comment

• Diego landed besides Lilly and showed her the orb
                              Here's your father, Lilly Diego said with a grin in his face I think it wasn't him controlling the vampires but someone who was controlling him, I think that we broke the connection when we beat him but the vampires are still attacking, following their leaders last order. You have to get your father to order them to either stop or prefferably join us. I have a pretty good guess who was controlling your father He added taking a look at the bishounen. Then he went away saying to one of the healers Could you do something to this wound?

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Continuing the Ged storyline...
                                When Ged woke up he had a healer watching him but there was little the healer could do since he had over-used his energy, he had to rest. Since he was okay now, still tired but okay he started organizing things there were fewer vampires now, non of them were killed but some wizards had managed to put them in a cage. But others were still fighting. Then a captain from Evangelion approached him, he was probably 20, slim, small and fair as was the majority of the people in Evangelion the captain told him that there were troops of soldiers being commanded by a demon approaching. Quickly Ged gave the order Focus all the wizards by the gate to guard it, I'll contact Diego and ask him how is he doing. Then Ged contacted Diego and sent him a thought , Diego replied almost instanteniously saying that they were on their way with the vampire-in-charge...

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Working...
                                X