No announcement yet.

The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "umm... i'm not sure, i just took the oath a couple days ago, i haven't noticed any one thiing being easier to do than another" Hallie responded, embarassed."I'm sorry"

Comment

• OOC: db, re a while back: Sorry, I went out of town. If I miss any important parts in the storyline, just hit me repeatedly over the head with a blunt object.
      Back-to-the-war:
      Nightshade darted to the fortress gates.
      Back, evil minions of death! (OOC: heh, that was fun to say.)
      She began to gather her power into a network of flame, but found herself almost entirely drained.
      Questing! You know the kind of power I need; do you have any to spare?

Meanwhile, Marama was crouching on the back of a chair, staring into Martina's eyes.
      "If we can just tap into each other's minds...the power will be in the connection."

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
      -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
      *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
      http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Martina grimaced, and tore her eyes away.
        She glanced over the battlements, and began to swear ferociously in a number of different languages.
        "We don't have time to deal with this! She looked around. "Well, at least the vampires are under control now. Or rather they seem pretty purposeless without a leader- though if that- that- damned bishie was controlling Lilly's father's mind, then we'll have to watch them when he wakes up. But I don't think that's an immediate threat- in fact, sister, I think we might be best to concentrate on those %$#^%#& things out there."

Martina walked over to the battlements and gazed out and down over the action, where Nightshade wheeled above the strange shaped beasts. She glanced at the cat. "Thoughts? This is looking pretty drastic-"

<OOC: sry about that, I know it's been taking some time to set that up but it just occurred to me that the mind we should now be targeting is Dave's boy's and we don't even know his _name._ Which we might need if we're gonna realistically explore the workings of his twisty mind....>

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
        --Agent M
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Lilly moaned. "Oh, this just gets more confusing as we go!! My father is controlling the vampires - or was," she amended, glancing at the orb, "but now we find out that some evil bishie is controlling him??? This must've happened after I ran away, because he was acting on his own when I was there.

"But this guy must be insanely powerful to control him," Lilly added on a more serious note. "I just hope that power doesn't extend to me, too. It wouldn't...right?"

<OOC: Tui: exploring the workings of his twisty mind? Sounds pretty unsafe to me! >

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
          "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
          WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
          Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

• *a knight rides up on a white steed, wearing only white and gold, as before (on PG 1)* Letalis (bc's character) grinned. "I don't have much news. But--you're all right. This bishie is controlling Lilly's father. We don't have time to perform a full Occadeus curse, but I think one of the simpler branches would work all right." Letalis shakes her head in despair, her mahogany rose hair swinging. "We have to stop them soon." With her eyes glowing silvery violet, Letalis uses a beam to shoot down a remaining troll vampire, raising its arm feebly. "I might have to go away again."

brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
            --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
            brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Marama paced up and down, eyes glinting with anger.
              You're right. But if we can, we should try and get the bishie demon...I'll just have a look into his mind to see what kind of power we're taking on.

OOC: Ack! No time! And my laptop's going mad! Well, I'll try to reply to everything...

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
              -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
              *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
              http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
              My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
              OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Diego went out the gate and said Guard the gate! I'll try to get him to come here. Does somebody is good in reading minds by looking at someone's eyes? Because that is what we gotta do...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                ------------------------------------------------------------
                "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• diego, I can do that. I have to read their mind?? ok, let me at 'em. Sorcha will guard the gate. *Sorcha turns and flies away to guard the gate, but not before staring for a long time at Diego, and then placing a silver key at Saffron's feet.* "Hmmmm. I've never seen that before.", Saffron (KsSk8er's character, who has so far been called simply 'the girl who is too wise for her own good') said. "I wonder.... Oh, well. its like finding out you're on active status suddenly, you'll find out what it's for eventually. Let's go!!" Saffron then put the key in her pocket and went to catch up with Diego. "ok, Diego, what do I do??"

~*KsSk8er*~
                  Hogwarts Dropout
                  "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                  Dai Stiho
                  ~*KsSk8er*~
                  "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                  Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• (OOC: ok, that last post wasn't supposed to be completely in Italics. btw, where is everyone today??)
                    meanwhile, back at the gate, Sorcha was keeping everone away........
                    OOC: ok, I'm going to mess up the story line. someone just come and help me out?? oh well, I'll be back later.

~*KsSk8er*~
                    Hogwarts Dropout
                    Dai Stiho
                    ~*KsSk8er*~
                    Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Stay back and I'll try to get him freezed or something, the thing is that I have to get him (the bishie whatever his name is) close enough so you can read him. Anyway, I think it's time to call the heavy artillery Diego turned his back on him, concentrated an closed his eyes, then a dragon and a phoenix landed close to him and after that 3 magnificent tigers and 1 lion, all more than 6 1/2 feet tall appeared besides him too. Diego went and patted James and Sirius on the head and then he faced the tigers and the lion and said to the lion, Thank you for answering my call, Rotria And the lion said in a deep voice We pay what we owe my friend...
                      I'll continue later....

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                      "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                      "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• The mercenaries charged the castle gate, screaming. Many of them were slaughtered by the defenders (particularly the defenders made of dragon). The demon stopped to throw a fireball at the gates, which smashed open, burning. He yelled something unintelligible at the castle and attacked the big cats at the gate. The black-furred catperson feinted and dodged around one of the tigers, taunting it. The demon was much more no nonsense, he just cut one down where it stood, and then turned to a nearby soldier, slicing the good guy in half. Eventually, the catwarrior got around to playing with the tiger, and viciously assaulted the thing, leaving little that was recognizably a cat. Rysadeh exchanged glances with Roux again. "That's pretty funny. He thought he was gonna play with YOU."

"Yeah, now look what happened to him..."

"This is gonna be great." Rysadeh said, and fireballed the far side of the complex, throwing soldiers left and right. A mercenary had his back turned to the demon, which was a mistake, and Rysadeh promptly taught him a sharpened, 4 foot lesson.

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
                        'Mancer
                        Foam Poet
                        "It was a bad line and a prank call, someone spouting insane babble; I couldn't make sense of it. But I had an overwhelmeing sense of deja vu, and the caller's voice sounded oddly familiar."

Comment

• Letalis whirled around. "Oh, crap!" Seven men dressed in black surrounded her. "Are these troll vampires? Cuz if not, what is God's name are they?" She pulled out her sword, a glinting longsword with a silver IM handle. She lops one of the heads off, then truns to face the remaining six. One of them slashes at her, and her face turns white as her back is slashed. "GOD!!!!" Letalis flips to look at Diego. "help..." She grows angry, turning a wide circle and lopping off three more heads. "LETALIS!!!!" A shriek echoes through the air, and a small mountain lion (white, of course) lands next to Letalis. "Hey, Ice," Letalis gasps weakly. "Ok, we are going to kick BUTT!" Ice thrashes her tail, which by the way has a magic ability, and two of the three freeze on the spot. Letalis leaves the last for Diego, while Ice, with healing powers, licks Letalis' back.

brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                          --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                          brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Lilly quickly changed into her vampire shape.

"I'll see what damage I can do in this form," she said. "But...if I lose control, someone please stop me, all right? I don't want to attack the wrong side or anything."

Without another word, she flew toward the troll vampires, disappearing among their ranks. From the fortress walls, one could see a widening circle of vampires falling and tripping the other vampires. Luckily, the vampires were too dumb to realize where the attacks were coming from; thinking of Lilly as just another troll vampire, they simply kept advancing to the fortress, ignoring her until it was too late.

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
                            "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
                            WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
                            Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

• Questing closed her eyes for a minute. "Okay, let's see what I can do with this one." She spoke several words that sounded as if they were made up entirely of consonants, with a buzzing, droning intonation. In a couple of minutes, a silvery cloud appeared in the sky to the west. Moments later, it became clear that the cloud was actually a giant swarm of insects. Ignoring the magical creatures, the bugs instead went for the enemy foot soldiers. Wasps and yellowjackets stung exposed flesh, mosquitoes and flying cockroaches flew into the eyes of soldiers, and spiders, centipedes and biting ants swarmed anyone who stood still for more than a few moments. The first wave of opponents turned into a rout, as soldiers hopped in little circles, rolled on the ground, and tried to evict fire ants from inside their armor.

"Hmm. Never had an opportunity to try that 'insect plague' spell before. It seems to be... useful."

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• "ARRRG!" Grunted Rysadeh, trying to brush off the stinging bugs. He turned to see Roux rolling around on the ground, trying to shake them off. Being careful to get into a position that Roux wouldn't evicerate him from, Rysadeh grabbed the catperson and charged into the nearest door, knocking over defending humans, and slammed the door shut behind him.

His eyes lit the corridor before him. He tossed Roux to the ground and booted him. "Hey, get up, they're all outside." Roux jumped upright, snorting.

"I hate bugs."

"Me too. Let's go find something to kill."

"I wish that bugs were big enough to kill like people." said Roux.

Rysadeh smiled. "Yeah, and they'd be tough to kill." They walked toward a door at the far end of the corridor.

"Hey," Said Roux.

"What?"

"We need to find a way to kill more people faster." They laughed, and opened the door.

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
                                'Mancer
                                Foam Poet
                                "It was a bad line and a prank call, someone spouting insane babble; I couldn't make sense of it. But I had an overwhelmeing sense of deja vu, and the caller's voice sounded oddly familiar."

Comment

Working...
                                X