No announcement yet.

Book Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* Okay. I will read Crusader by Edward Bloor. Now I have something to read.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Okay someone can make me read a book. (Remember I'm a 6th grader don't punish me.) If you read Princess Diaries 1, it's really good, but it's not for boys! It's really funny! Someone swap with me!!!!!
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Okay I'll swap with you. There is a series of books called Pendragon its by D.J. Mchale all I want you to do is read the first book. Sound fair? I'll try to read Princess Diaries 1 but I'm a guy so don't hate me if I don't like it.
        *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
        *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
        *Many have come and go

Comment

Pendragon is an AWESOME book!!!
          And that's funny, my bf is trying to make me read Princess Diaries...
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

Hah. I remember Pendragon. That was one of the books that I quit, but I think it was because it was summer and the only books worth my time were the AWESOME ones. Sun RULES!!!

I read the first chapter. It was a bit... different. So I continued to read a bit more and I was like 'this is boring...'. I skipped that part. Then I flipped through the book and only read the parts that didn't have Bobby in them utnil it got to the point that I didn't know what was going on. His house dissapeared and he needs stuff from his house...? Okay...

Oh, and I was reading books by Clarebell. That was the big reason I didn't have the patience for Pendragon. But I'll try it again. Anyone else want to book swap? Read the Pit Dragon Trilogy by Jane Yolan and I'll read one of your books. I suggest it if you're in Middle School/Junior High or above. Anything else anyone will swap? I can do more than one swap at a time!
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I'll participate when I finish my "must-read list". (soon enough I hope).
              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Okay I'll read that book! I think it'll be cool! I've wanted to read that book anyways so I'll give it a try and tell you if I like it or not.
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I agree wiht DB. I'll join in once I finish This Lullaby, Tithe, and Mister Monday. I'm so close with This Lullaby, but I can't help myself from looking ahead, it's so good it's like I can't readi it fast enough. *grr*
                  Hehe! I read the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Princess Diaries, but never read the 1st and haven't had a chance to get my paws on the latest ones... *grr again* I keep finding other books that just look so good... but I still need sugestions so I'll join in once I finish.
                  ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                  Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                  HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                  My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

<span class="ev_code_purple">Oh yeah!</span> I am <span class="ev_code_red">GONNA</span> do this. Only, I have to get through three books first. Better get started. Note: probably, the books I'd recommend to people will be adult fiction, not YA. As such, (though DD did read Starship Troopers at age eight) I'm not gonna force people to read some of my selections if I don't think you could stomach some of the things in them. Hmm. Starship Troopers. There's another one. Make that list four books.

Another suggestion: I think we should FORCE people to do this. You can't just volunteer to read a book you don't want to read. You put yourself on a list, (like posting on this thread and saying "give me what you've got") and then you read what someone tells you to read, or a moderator assigns two people to read something the other people don't want to. It should be <span class="ev_code_grey">torture</span>, but also <span class="ev_code_yellow">enlightening</span>.

Well, maybe it need not be so organized. Pehaps when someone on the board ends up dissing another book, they just get forced to read it. Anyway. This could TOALLY take off. Or, we could all post lists of books that we really don't want to read, but will read if someone reads a book that we think they should.

*wants it, needs it*

And remember, Interlibrary Loan is your <span class="ev_code_GREEN">FRIEND</span>!

Comment

Torture? lol, Only you would think of that Rysade... *laugh*
                      But you might have a point...
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

Umm... torture? Wait. Shouldn't we be suggesting books to people that we liked??? That seems more logical. So, yeah. Not torture. Is that okay with everyone?

I'll do any book that someone tells me to if they read my book. Z, do you wanna do a swap? Or Rysade when you're done with your books? I can do more than one at a time. I'll be able to go to the library soon, like maybe next week. (Next week starts tomorrow) But do the book swap BEFORE I go to the library, K? Or you'll have to wait a while for me to get it.

Sam, just so your prepared, Tithe is packed with cusses. But it's still a great book!!! I read it in two days, would have been one if I had the time.
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Okay Skitty I will ask you to read the Ancient One bye T.A. Barrton. Just don't kill me if you don't like it.
                          *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                          *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                          *Many have come and go

Comment

HEHE!! Thanks Gryphon, This Lullaby had a few. But no book can be as bad as my bus. Talking, and every other word you hear is one, hard to carry on a conversation when it is like that. So, even though I don't it doesn't phase me a bit.
                            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Ancient One by TA Barron. Got that. Then I'll give you... not Crusader. Don't want to give out the same book. Okay. I can't think of a book. The Hero and the Crown by Robin Mckinely. ((Is that how you spell her name??)

Gryphon's Book Swaps
                              <span class="ev_code_BLUE">To Visit the Queen</span> for <span class="ev_code_RED">Crusader</span>
                              <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">The Ancient One</span> for <span class="ev_code_GREEN">The Hero and the Crown</span>

Comment

It may take a while to get Crusader, I can't find my library card.... that's the 2nd time this year... grr.
                                *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X