No announcement yet.

Book Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calliope, if I can get my hands on Angels and Demons, I will trade you for The Eyre Affair. Right now, anything by Dan Brown is a hot property, with the success of The Da Vinci Code. Everyone wants to find out what they missed. I'll post tomorrow and let you know if I am able to get a copy.
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Agent M To Visit the Queen ~ Gryphon Crusader
      Diane Duane ~ Edward Bloor

Tanis Pendragon ~ Zgirl Princess Diaries 1
      D. J. MacHale ~ Meg Cabot

Skitty The Hero and the Crown ~ Tanis Ancient Ones
      Robin McKinely ~ T. A. Barron
      ((Canceled???))

Skitty Pit Dragon Trilogy ~ Ella Enchantress from the Stars
      Jane Yolan ~ ???

GodMageMajere The Gunslinger ~ Tui Looking for Alibrandi
      Stephen King ~ Melina Marchetta

Meteorite The Eyre Affair ~ Rysade The Art of Seduction
      Jasper Fforde ~ Robert Greene

Skitty Amazing Maurice and the Educated Rodents ~ Sam The Amulet of Samarkand (Bartimaeus Trilogy)
      Terry Pratchett ~ Jonathan Stroud

Calliope Angels and Demons ~ Meteorite The Eyre Affair
      Dan Brown ~ Jasper Fforde

Agent M Timeline ~ GodMageMajere But What of Earth?
      Michael Crichton ~ Piers Anthony

Updated again.

Rysade, you trade with the person next to your name. The book by YOUR name is the one the other person is reading.

Crusader is thick, around 600 pages. But it's a good book! I haven't gotten To Visit the Queen yet. My library doesn't have it (I think) so I ordered it. The rest of the books that I'm swapping for I won't be able to get til next week. I can't go to the library until next week.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Now I have returned home for the Easter break, and have access to a normal library, I shal join in this thread. Also, Skitty dragged me in, wanting to trade Terry Prachett's Mort or Reaper Man, both of which I own.
        Hmm... I am going to bowl Dianna Wynne Jones' Year of the Griffin, and see what comes back. (Cover drive to square leg, I suspect). See http://www.leemac.freeserve.co.uk/toughdark.htm#griff.
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Erm... Gryphon? Since when am I swapping for "But What of Earth"? Not that I wouldn't read it.... I'm just wondering cuz when GMM posted that book he said nothing about swapping for Timeline.....
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Skitty, it looks like you have me double-trading, with both Rysade and Calliope. I don't object to the extra reading, but I have many more books to inflict on the unwary!

The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara. The story of the 4 days of the Gettysburg battle, during the U.S. Civil War. A Pulitzer Prize winner, and so well written, you forget you might be learning something.

Snow in August, by Pete Hamill. An unlikely friendship between an Irish street kid and a Jewish rabbi in turn of the century Brooklyn, with mythological elements.

Comment

BTW Meteorite, Angels and Demons is really popular right now like you said, and I don't know about Hawaii but here there's huge displays of both DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons so there's like... 50 of them or something.
              *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

Okay, I meant to post here errr... yesterday I think but I never got the time so, my books:
                The No. I Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander MaCall Smith - This is NOT just a girls' book no matter what the title seems like. Anybody who likes Detective stories will love this.
                Good Omens by PTerry - I got this out of the Library under two weeks ago and I have three times since. I know that Tui is being age conscious for this topic so I will warn you all - it has one use of a very strong swear word in it.

Comment

Well, that's good, meteorite, because you won't be swapping with me for a WHILE. I just realized how in over my head with this reading I am. Could be as much as a month before I have time to wonder about what I'm reading next!

Comment

Hah. Strong swear word. I'd suggest Tithe, which is PACKED with strong swear words. It's a great book but uh... I think I have enough for now.

Heh. Wasn't I supposed to force people to read a book? Just I'd prefer if people would say if a book has adult conten or whatever, because then we can NOT give that book to someone who doesn't want to read adult content.

I'm not going to make another Book Swap list soon, so if anyone else wants to make an updated one, do so. I'll delete my oldest book swap.

WILF!!! Have you read either Mort of Reaper Man? Because I have Year of the Griffin, just I haven't read it yet. This'll work!
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Ah yes... Tithe, my bf read it (So did I) and said "That book has the F word on every page at least 10 times!" That was a good book though...
                      Yeah Yeah, Okay Gryphon, but only if GMM comes on soon and says he'll read Timeline.
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

I have read Timeline. Many times. A very good book, though I must say I prefer DD and Piers to Michael Crichton. Still, he's good nonetheless.

Comment

Never read Piers so I can't argue with that but Michael Crichton, Philip Pullman, and DD are my fav. authors of all time.
                          Hmm... Now I need to find someone who will read Timeline....
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

My favorite author is...

Ooh, that's a tough question. Probably Jane Yolan and... There are a lot that I like. My top favorites are always building and eroding. I like DD's books, but they aren't my favorites.

Comment

How can you pick just one favorite author? I must have tons, no exaggeration. ^_^ Okay, meteorite, that's fine by me. I might not be able to get to a library for awhile, anyway. The Eyre Affair sounds good.
                              Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Okay. I put in a request for The Art of Seduction through our library; there are only 6 people in front of me, so I might get it within a couple of months. There are, however, 200 people waiting for Angels and Demons, so I will have to make a pilgrimage to Borders and see if I can scarf a paperback copy. Oh, horrors, I have to go to a book store...:P

Agent M, I like your new avatar. Since I can't read katakana for krap, what does it mean?

I just signed up for another Library Science course today for summer session. At this rate, I will get my MLIS in, oh, about 8 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X