Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spyells:
    Yeah, is sounds grim. But, I'm looking forward to it anyway. I hated it when the other books came out and I had no one to talk to about it. Especially when Dumbledore died, that made me angry.
    Well I know that this is the only the third post here and there are thirteen pages, but... WHOA! Dumbledore dies?!! Oh, yeah... he died. I remember now. Gee, I guess I need to run through the series again before I read the last one when it comes out....

Hey, doesn't it seem kind of rude to be discussing HP on a site devoted entirely to YW Series in which its author participates in regularly?
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Originally posted by EricG1793:
      Hey, doesn't it seem kind of rude to be discussing HP on a site devoted entirely to YW Series in which its author participates in regularly?
      No...I know there's at least one Harry Potter site that has a thread about YW, and I think I've seen DD post there. I'm not a member, so I wouldn't know much more. (those two sentences were kind of irrelevant) But this topic appears to be inoffensive and okay, because DD and the mods haven't closed this thread yet, have they?

Anyway, as to your problem, spyells...maybe ask Kathy to close this thread and start a new one with something like "Deathly Hallows *spoilers*" as the title. If you wanted to include the movie, just make it a general title, with a spoilers warning. But hey, what do I know? Maybe ask one of the mods how to do it.
      I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• or you can just make a topic called "harry potter" It seems a lot easier...then it extends to everything, and noboddy has to continuously create new topics when they want to talk about the book! (and it's not rude...we do it all the time. it's only rude if we wast DD's money while we're doing it!) at least, that's my basic oppinion...aka, make sure the words have content at the very least, and i don't think anyone minds...
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I was thinking just change the name of this topic. I mean when the book comes out some people who are new to the topic might want on overview of what we've been talking about. Some might want a brief reminder of the whole series and to be honest we all have given that. I just started rereading the whole series yesterday. I now that peeves is a poltergeist but what exactly is that?

I don't feel it is rude to talk about the book. In fact some of the mods have commented on here and we all talk about so many books on this one particular site it's crazy. I love it though because it gives me ideas on other books to read.

kli6 told me how to change the name and gave me a new name to change it to. I'm even more excited now that the topic has been changed to include all of the aspects of the Harry Potter series.
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• A poltergeist is a mischievous spirit that is created from strong teenage emotions, or so some people believe. With a school like Hogwarts with so many magical teenagers, the poltergeist is pretty much inevitable. Generally they are supposed to be invisible, but not in HP. I think our house must have one too; things get lost around my house a lot. Of course, my mom and I have pretty bad memories, but I stick by the poltergeist theory; it's easier to blame a malicious spirit than admit that I lost my tennis shoes again
            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• rhi's right....though, i don't think they're necessarily spirits...just manifestations of excess energy. and i'm not sure if peeves is a real one, or just a particularly mischievious ghost that got given the title as a result....(I mean, he IS the only one that even fits that much of the description)
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Comment

• Thank you...Thank you! I could tell that the topic was in need of a change. At least I know what Peeves is now. He is annoying. Too bad they didn't include him in the movies. Claiming that he was just tooooo evil. I just finished "The Chamber of Secrets" and now I'm starting on "The Prisoner of Azkaban".

Comment

• Oh c'mon, Peeves isn't exactly evil he's more...ambivalent? Maybe mischievous is the better word here... But he would have made a funny character for the movies. Come to think of it, maybe it's best they didn't put Peeves in the movies; they probably just would have messed him up
                    "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism

Comment

• alright...good to know what he actually is. i think the exact nature of a poltergeist changes from legends....same as banshees, some legends say they're evil, some say that their screams are simply to warn ships before they crash into rocks and die...basically, it changes. if you want to know EXACTLY what peeves is, you'd probably have to figure out what legend j.k. pulled him from. (there was a documentary on harry potter a couple years back...a lot of the cahracters, including peeves, were pulled from old myths. find the right myth, you know which one applies to peeves.)

Comment

• You're right Rhi they probably would've messed Peeves up in the movies. But I remember them saying on the news when the first Harry Potter movie came out that Peeves was just too evil to put in the movie. Peeves kind of grows on you after awhile. He's mischievous but he can supply some comic moments. Oh, I'm on "The Goblet of Fire" now.

Just wondering if you guys heard about the Harry Potter theme park opening in Universal Studios Orlando. I mean a 'whole' theme park and not just a section.

Comment

• I'd heard about it from my mom, but I haven't heard anything since then. Does anybody have a link to more information about the theme park? It sounds really fun Hurray Pottermania!

Comment

• http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/ That should be helpful. googled it. *grins*

i heard about the theme park...*LOVES the idea* and i'm not sure you CAN mess up peeves...i mean, he's fairly streightforward a character. The only thing i could REALLy see messing him up is if they actually had him do something NICE for once! *gasps* Anyways, if they could put in a guy without a nose (voldemort) and call him the ultimate evil...how the heck can they say peeves is just too much?

Comment

• excuse the caps lock

OMG I HAVE THE WORST SPOILER EVER!

I was listening to the radio on my way home and they said this. I don't know if it's true or not, but it left me twitching in a corner for a total of ten minutes. I'm not going to say it here, but if you want to know, well, PM me.

THE RADIO IS EVIL!!!!
                              ---------------------------
                              I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

• I heard that a guy named 'Gabriel' claimed to have hacked into the ending of Deathly Hallows. If you run into this on the internet be warned that it may possibly be false. Here is a news article about it. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070621/...ter_hacker1_dc
                                Was this what you heard Not So Silent One.

Comment

Working...
                                X