Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK Rowling said that Dumbledore was 100% DEAD. He's gone.
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• i DO think dumbledore's dead...on and off on whether snape's evil though...and when you consider everything, i can't be sure of a happy ending...i don't care who the books are aimed at, they are read by all, and J.K. rowling has it in her to give us a sad ending as well as happy one. though one way to know is if she was seen inexplicably crying at some point. :P apparently, since she knew dumbledore was going to die long before it was actually published, she was crying for hours about it when she realized it, and couldn't tel anyone...so the same thing would most likely happen with harry too. (ok, so that's not a real way to tell...but it's an interesting way all the same. :P)
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• i remember when JK was on Opra and she was bawling because of this being the last book she was debating about writing another but desided against it.n i hope harry doesnt die because that would totally lose my faith in the book and in any other books out there
        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I saw the movie today! It was awesome. The movie did leave out a lot of parts though. There was no Quidditch (Did I spell that right? ) and Petunia didn't get her howler. There was no mention of Ron and Hermoinee being perfects. And I had to admit some parts did feel as if they were being rushed. The part when Dumbledore and Voldemort fought I felt could've been better. I mean Dumbledore is supposed to out shine him, I didn't feel as if he did that. Harry's dad looked like a nerd.

I'm going to stop there though. Because I feel I've said too much. But I did like the movie all the same. I hope you guys go see it soon!
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• JK was on Oprah? interesting.....

I think Snape could possibly be good, or as my aunt says, maybe both, if it is possible. He had to keep his promise to Narcissa unless he wanted to die, and he didn't want that. Besides that, I don't think he would have killed Dumbledore by himself. And Harry dying might not be as depressing as everyone thinks, I mean, he'll see his parents, and Sirius, and Dumbledore (if he is dead), and maybe others that died fighting Voldemort before, other members of the Order of the Phoenix. It all depends on if he does die, and if he does, the mood or situation in which he dies. *cannot wait for the next book*
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I don't know about any of you but, when the book comes out I'm not going to come on here for a few days. I don't want the book spoiled and I have to admit since I'm a fast reader I don't want to spoil it for anyone else either. Since I'm pretty sure I'll be excited about the ending.

If Snape was good he could've warned Dumbledore what was coming in the beginning of the school year so that Dumbledore would've been warned. He didn't and as a result he ended up killing him. In the book it says that Snape looked at Dumbledore with a look of hatred etched in his face. (It's late so I'll find the passage tomorrow) I don't think Harry dieing will be too depressing. I might be a little sad but I feel that the best way to end a series is to kill the main character. This way J.K. Rowling wont have to write any more Harry Potter Books.

Comment

• I'm so depressed, Saturday's the earliest time that I can see the movie I've heard that it's really good, but I can't see it yet Wahhhhhhh!!!! *bawls* Okay, better now Yeah, I'm thinking Harry's going to die and the various JKR quotes have convinced me. I don't care as much about Harry dying as I would about Ginny or Hermione, Harry seems a bit doomed but at least the above two have a chance.
                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• I'm mad at the movie. spoiler- <span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the book, Sirius is hit with a red light, which sends him through the veil. The veil is what kills him. In the movie, Lestrange kills him first with the avada kedavra, and then he floats into the veil. In the book, it could be that Sirius is lieing in the world of the dead, stunned. In the movie, he's dead. </span>
                  I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubywolf:
                    I'm mad at the movie. spoiler- <span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the book, Sirius is hit with a red light, which sends him through the veil. The veil is what kills him. In the movie, Lestrange kills him first with the avada kedavra, and then he floats into the veil. In the book, it could be that Sirius is lieing in the world of the dead, stunned. In the movie, he's dead. </span>
                    I disagree. <span class="ev_code_white">I think that he was dead as soon as he got hit with that spell -- must have stopped his heart or something. Being dead was what let him fall through the veil. Besides, Nearly Headless Nick made it fairly clear to Harry that Sirius was very gone.</span> YMMV, of course.
                    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rubywolf:
                      I'm mad at the movie. spoiler- <span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the book, Sirius is hit with a red light, which sends him through the veil. The veil is what kills him. In the movie, Lestrange kills him first with the avada kedavra, and then he floats into the veil. In the book, it could be that Sirius is lieing in the world of the dead, stunned. In the movie, he's dead. </span>
                      I disagree. <span class="ev_code_white">I think that he was dead as soon as he got hit with that spell -- must have stopped his heart or something. Being dead was what let him fall through the veil. Besides, Nearly Headless Nick made it fairly clear to Harry that Sirius was very gone.</span> YMMV, of course. </div>[quote]

<span class="ev_code_white"> I guess that would make sense. Nearly Headless Nick did say that Sirius was in fact quite dead and wouldn't be coming back. He said that he had moved on to the other side. I don't know if I think the spell stopped his heart. I think that it stunned him and as a result he fell through the veil. I hope Neville gets revenge on Bellatrix Lestrange in the next book though. You know for what she did to his parents. </span>

Just found this on the internet it isn't too exciting though.
                      http://www.latimes.com/news/la-et-pottersales16jul16,0,...ories&track=ntothtml

Comment

• I disagree. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I think that he was dead as soon as he got hit with that spell -- must have stopped his heart or something. Being dead was what let him fall through the veil. Besides, Nearly Headless Nick made it fairly clear to Harry that Sirius was very gone.</span>
                        spoiler- <span class="ev_code_WHITE">It was a red light, and that means a probable stunner, and McGonagall was hit with four stunners, and that didn't kill her. </span>

Comment

• ok ok but lets think this though...
                          we have come to the conclution that sirius is dead. (even if he comes back to life in the last book, or he never died in the first place, it would be interesting to see how the movie people would have to clear up their mess huh...)
                          dumbldores dead and lastly snape did it...
                          now to go back to someones earlyer post about snape being good... ummm lets think about this... snape didnt say anything to voldemort about sirius's home (sorry i cannt remember the name),he's saved harry countless times and helped protecting the sorrsorers stone... i dunno but snape being all bad
                          just sounds too farfetched
                          colored spoilers white for good measure - GF
                          its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I think that snape is simply a complex character. Not everyone is all bad or all good. Voldemort is a simple character, because he's all bad. Snape has had a horrid childhood, he was tortured mentally by james, probably fisically by Voldemort and then Aurors, he has a consience that's haunting him, and he can't decide what to do.

Comment

• i saw the movie too...it was a bit fast moving, and some things were taken out, as people have said...but it was BRILLIANT! people were clapping, and cheering IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE! there were awes, and oohs <span class="ev_code_WHITE">when harry and cho kissed</span> it was AWESOME. oh, and for the spoilers....<span class="ev_code_WHITE">the spoilers about serious ARE correct, they did change the spell...and i don't think he was dead before he went through the veil in the book</span> kinda more detailed spoiler then they gave earlier, now, so watch out for this part...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">in the book, he simply slid through, and disappeared. here, he got hit with the death spell, was thrown into the veil, and had his entire body changed into that of a ghost before drifting away</span>ok, back to just talking about orriginal spoiler WITHOUT extra details<span class="ev_code_WHITE">i think that the avada kedavra spell was actually a fairly nice touch...it takes away the doubt once and for all about serious, so that people can't sit around moping and hoping for his return. he was hit by a death spell AND lost his physical body as it turned into a ghost...there really ins't any coming back from that, now is there?</span>
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• <span class="ev_code_white"> Young Reader I didn't think of it that way. I still would've liked for them to keep it the way it was in the book though. But I can't complain. It makes sense to me because now everyone who can protect Harry is gone. It makes it so that Voldemort and Harry can face off without any problems.</span>

Comment

Working...
                                X