The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You 2 are making me cold!
    I like your new avie M! Prettyfull! You are lucky!
    You 2 are lucky! All my family lives here it the states, the farthest I've ever been from little old Huntsville was umm... Connecticut, and that was for a boring old family renuin! LUCKYLUCKYLUCKYLUCKY!!!

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
    Dilapadated-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed RULES!!!!
    *picks up pencil and waves hands around* OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!
    HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! IN-JOKES RULE!
    Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Sam you don't know cold... my house is always cold because it is big and we don't have enough heaters.

You are also lucky that most of your family lives in Alabama. None of my family lives in MN. I never see them.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.

Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• M. My parents are just like yours. The highest we are ever allowed to turn the heat up is 72 degrees.
          But it could be worse, it's -3 degrees in Philly right now.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.

Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

• It is like 65 in my house, we don't get it much warmer because EVERYONE in my family but me get hot really easily, and it was flurieing(sp, it REALLY doesn't look right but oh well) here this morning. So I'm cold because it's been pretty warm here lately.
              Actually, Z I see my out-of-state family more often tha I see my grandmother that lives 20 minutes away.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
              Dilapadated-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed RULES!!!!
              *picks up pencil and waves hands around* OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!
              HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! IN-JOKES RULE!
              Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
              ~Sam (Hifun55)~
              Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
              HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
              My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Our house is usually around 68, or at least that's what my mom sets it for. It's not snowing right now, but yesterday it snowed all day. Hence the foot or more of snow sitting outside my door. However, it's actually getting warmer. 29 degrees outside.

Cool new avie, M!

Comment

• Farenheit.... yuck.
                  I have enjoying our delicously mild and barmy (in every sense of the word) climate. It is about 15C outside, but the wind is being on the strong side. (Force 6 gusting 7/8).

"Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather"
                  Female chorus in Gilbert and Sullivan's 'Pirates of Penzance'

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                  "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Aw, Wilf, I agree. Blah to Fahrenheit. Why doesn't the US use metric? I am in a pick-on-the-US mood and you cannot stop me! Actually, you can, but I could still write it. I won't though, for your sake. Hugs!

brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"
                    brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Personally, I think our system in the US is easier, but i am also a total loser when it comes to understanding math.....

Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
                      "What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
                      Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
                      :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
                      Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
                      A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• Actually, SI units are an awful lot easier than imperial. The only exception is the Farenheit vs. degrees C. The equally easy to use - it's just C hasthe advnatge that the rest of the world know what you are on about.

As an aside (I found this out yesterday, and decided to share it): The difference between Celcius and centrigrade lies in the points used to define them. Celcius uses the triple point of water and absolute zero, centigrade uses the melting and boiling points of water at atmoshperic pressure. The former is more exact (being independent of what pressure you are dealing with), the later easier to do.

Comment

• Bah. For some reason, I haven't been able to get on before now.
                          Anyways...
                          Zgirl: lol, I don't have any family in the Americas. Well, I do have an uncle in CA. But other than that...
                          re Celcius/Farenheit: I do think America should change to fit in with the rest of the world, but I think in feet and Farenheit now, so I hope they do it after my time.
                          M: Love the avie!

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                          -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

• Yes, unfortunately we have to learn customary. It makes no sense! I wish you would just up and change. President is *cough cough* too *cough* doofus *cough cough* to change *cough* it *cough cough*. What? Oh, I didn't say anything! Just having a little *cough* coughing fit is all!

brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag
                              brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• No, they've considered changing. But they can't. because it would cost too much money. Ever think about it? All the replaced signs... educational reform... etc etc etc

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

Working...
                                X