No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAIT! There is hope! I'm the first one to post on page 101.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.

Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• School lunches are almost universally inedible. I go home for lunch, because it is only a few blocks away from work. Today was leftover fried rice, then my husband demanded a grilled cheese sandwich. With apples. I like my own cooking better than almost anything nearby I could buy for lunch anyhow. Note: When you go to college, make sure you can at least do the rudiments of your own cooking. If you think school lunches are bad, wait until you see the cafeteria food when you go off to university. You can tell how bad dinner will be by how decimated the salad bar is... Sometimes your only salvation will be the ability to make spaghetti for yourself. You can also get together with friends and pool your resources for dinner if tonight's menu is truly unappetizing.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
      "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• My mom lived in Philly when she was little. She walked home for lunch and ate a grilled cheese sandwich every day.

Me on the other hand...they moved 6th grade down to elementary school this year. I'll live right next to the Jr.High I could bike to my house and back. (The only problem is we usually have snow for many months each year where I live.)

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.

Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech

Comment

• *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Our school meals are really nice!! of course they are made out side of school and then brought in!!!!! all the school make are these chips that i'm sure they steam instead of fry, they taste horrible!!! . hope you all have a great weekend, oh and congrates on getting this topic over 100 pages thats something to get proud about.
            -DAZ-
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• At my secdonry school, the meals wre cooked off site, and then re-heated in school. now for something like jacket potaotes, this works - but it doesn't work for the cheese on top. Especially when it has hardly re-melted....
              That said, you wil not be surprised to learn that I always had sanwiches from home. Given that lunch-time was 1:15 to 2:05, I would most of my lunch at break-time (10:30 - 11ish - it varied form year to year).

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• The library doesn't support the new format thingy so it's back to the old one. The one where you could put topics in replies....

I am on the third book of the Pendragon series (did I tell you I was reading that?) now and they are absolutely phenomenal. Bobby, the narrator, I guess you could say (most of the book's in first person) is really funny. I swear the action DOES NOT STOP. I am dead serious. There is never a quiet moment. Definitely read these.

I still need to read: The Da Vinci Code, The Wish List, Sandry's book, re-read HDM..

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                -Spongebob Squarepants
                *Ella*
                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                What could mean more than this?"
                --Bright Eyes

Comment

• ***ally***
                  Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.
                  and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy

Comment

• Eh. Hello again, all, 'tis me, Alida, back from the dead. Well, more like back from e-mail issues, but anyhow, if everyone is on the subject of Tamora Pierce books, I'd say you should go for the Protector of the Small quartet. That's the best of her work. Although those have huge spoilers for the Song of the Lioness and the Immortals, so you might just want to do those two first.

Other books? Well, I do say shame on you if you haven't read His Dark Materials. For that matter, if you haven't read anything by Diana Wynne Jones, do so immediatly. You will most definitly not regret it. Especially "Howl's Moving Castle". It's being made into a movie by Studio Ghibli ("Spirited Away", "Princess Mononoke", "Castle in the Sky"--all great movies by them) that's coming out in Japan in July.

Uh, HDM? Whatzzat? I'm confused. And thanks for the lowdown on The Pendragon Series, EWizard11, I was hesistant about reading them, but perhaps I will do so now.
                    Cheers...

...aLiDa...

"I assure you, I am cone sold stober." --Wizard Howl, from the novel 'Howl's moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones.

"Ah, duct tape. The stuff that holds the Universe together."

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• I'm not really into anime or sci-fi...just YW and HP.
                      I really like realistic fiction.
                      Does anyone know any good websites? (Other than this one of course.) I'm really bored. My friends keep telling me to go on www.froguts.com. But it's so nasty. YOu can disect any animal virtually.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "I could live

Comment

• Pirates? YARR!!! *swash-swash, buckle-buckle*

You know what? We need a pirate smiley....really bad....

Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
                          A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....
                          :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
                          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
                          A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• Alida: HDM= His Dark Materials
                            M: I don't want Stravaganza to end!!! But then again I STILL haven't found the freaking 2nd one yet! *cries* And Mom won't let me order it off Amazon!
                            I really need ot read some more books, but right now I'm loaded up, I wish it were summer so I could just read from 7-3 on my couch!!!

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                            Dilapadated-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed RULES!!!!
                            *picks up pencil and waves hands around* OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!
                            HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! IN-JOKES RULE!
                            Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
                            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• ANIME RULES.

That is final. There will be no dissing of anime here, or whoever dissed it will severely regret it. I'm not kidding.

DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND???

Books... Well, I read Eragon recently- you can see clearly that Paolini's been influenced greatly by Tolkien, but other than that, it was pretty good.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

Working...
                                X