No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Firewitch, we're from the same continent. Except I live in Rohan Those movies are addictive--the books too. Say hi to Frodo for me when you have the chance.
    Wouldn't it be excellent if Peter Jackson made the YW movies? I think I'm going to go meander over to the movie topic now...

...aLiDa...

"I assure you, I am cone sold stober." --Wizard Howl, from the novel 'Howl's moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones.

"Ah, duct tape. The stuff that holds the Universe together."

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• *giggles madly*

They're making *gasp* another Artemis Fowl? YAAAAYYY!! *gasp*

*giggles madlier* Madlier is my *gasp* new words *gasp* I am SOOOOO hyper.

From the "...Snape" list, by Amanda:

-Scatter rose-petals in front of him wherever he goes.

-Dress like him and dye your hair black. Refer to yourself as 'mini-snape'.

-Nickname your quill 'Snapie' and talk to it during class.

*giggles madliest* SNAPIE! *gasp* *laughs hysterically* I think I'm going to go *gasp* sledding for a little bit.

*giggles madly*

SNAPIE!

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
      'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
      -Spongebob Squarepants
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Glad you liked the Snape list EWizard11...other people should check that out too...
        I like the #86 and #12...those are the funniest.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
        Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Oh! Steph C. is my BFF. I have a book of quotes from her. (She can make up some weird things.)
            While I'm at it my other BFF is KA. And if I ever say that crazy science teacher...(that would be my crazy science teacher. She said that her favorite quote is "Shake it like a polaroid picture."
            I've really got to add that one to my signature. I also want to know what Aurora thinks of my signature.

Comment

• Kisses don't taste like chicken... but they taste nice. ^^

Ehhhh... it's cold, wintery and blustery... and its Examtime.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

• I haven't ever seen snow. Could I know what is BFF?

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
                  Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I haven't ever seen snow. Could I know what is BFF.

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Ally, I'm Iorek Byrnison in your quiz. Hm...I never thought of myself like a bear king.

Hehehe That Snape list is halarious.

It's snowing here in Connecticut. It started snowing last night around 8:30, and it's still going this morning. More than a foot of snow has been predicted. Looks like a day or two off school! (We're off school today. That's how I can post at 8:00 in the morning.)

Comment

• We have some snow, but alas, no more is forecast to fall. There hasn't been enough to cause things to shut, but enough for decent snowmen/snowball fights.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Okay dp_br, here it goes.
                          BFF=Best friends forever (or just best friend.)
                          BF=Boyfriend
                          GF=girlfriend

Now for the snow. Snow is a thing that is so beautiful I feel sorry for you. Today it was -10 degrees! We had clear blue skies with no clouds and it was SOOO sunny! (It is bad when it is sunny with lots of snow because the sun reflects of the white and makes everything sparkle. Then you can't look at anything because it is so bright.) Everything is the purest white you've ever seen!! Better than clouds because it glitters... dp, you've got to see snow.
                          Right now I was describing the good things about snow. When you get to the city, The snow is slush, which is brown and black and watery. It's like cold ugly mud.

In my suburb there is no snow day... (Only if it's -40.) There are snowblower trucks on the streets at all times.

Comment

• ahhh, snow in a storm also gets school cancelled. ^^ I've had about one school closure a week for awhile due to snow, and yeah... it's been very cold this year, -20C or so.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• I saw snow for my first time in Paris over winter break. It's really beautiful and surprisingly cold. I had no idea how COLD it gets in some of these strange places outside of The Land of Permenant Summer. I'm not a big fan of cold, but snow is surprisingly nice...

Black to someone elses comment earlier...
                              I'd really love to see Peter Jackson get the best director oscar. He deserves it after devoting so much time to these movies. I really want the little girl from Whale Rider to get best actress. She was awsome. As for vest actor, I'd have to say Johnny Depp. He was INCREDIBLY in Pirates. I laughed so hard that I fell off the couch!

*runs away to try on gorgeous winter formal dress*
                              I feel pretty,
                              Oh so pretty....

A Jedi Ewok
                              And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and *almost* a new driver...
                              A physics geek
                              And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• In that vein, all my Oscar picks are here. There's a certain theme there, unsurprisingly, and I agree with all of Firewitch's. The Golden Globes were quite encouraging, anyway....

Other stuff: there are two ways to say tomato. Whichever way your dictionary says it will depend on whether you have a North American-English or an anything else-English dictionary. Like colour and encyclopaedia.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                                --Agent M
                                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                                Still the Typo Queen
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X