No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tui, I completely agree with you on your Oscar picks. True, I haven't seen all the movies nominated...but I still agree with you. The only one I was disappointed with was that none of the actors from ROTK got nominated for anything. I was sure that Sean Astin would be nominated for best supporting actor. But he wasn't. *sigh*
    Where is the title Oscars come from anyways?
    You know a really cool LOTR website? theonering.net. It's got just about everything relating to the movies, the books, and the actors.

Hm...I say toe-may-toe. But I write colour. I don't think it really matters, as long as everyone understands what you're talking/writing.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

• Oh wow! Congratulations M! Hope you go even further....

My original reason for posting was as follows.... does anyone know the name of the things you use to prevent people from tripping over cables? I need to buy such a thing (long story), and am going nuts trying remember what they are called.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Great Angent M all the younger young wizards will be looking up to you!!

And i don't know what the cable covers are called but if you want i will ask at work on monday (i work at the local school and they use them all the time!). hpe you all have a great weekend.
          Daz
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Tui, that awesome!!! Congratulations!!! What was your project? That's so cool!!!!

Comment

• Hey everybody, today we did a CArribean concert in school. (My costume rocked! I was dancing the best,according to the parents and some of the students.) These girls called me the Carribean princess!
              FW: I ALSO feel so pretty!!

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
              Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
              Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

• Afton is in Feburary. I just needed the info sooner because it's really hard for 5 teachers to schedule for classes for 278 6th graders.
                  AAhHHHHHH! My friend got contacts today. I don't like the way she looks. She looked a lot cooler with glasses. (She also looked more mature.) It's driving me CRAZY!! Hey that gives me an idea for a new signature....
                  Today was a beautiful day in Minnesota. Blue skies with no clouds. Sparkling white snow. -20 degrees.... ops: (It was cooooold.)
                  Becuase of my concert thingy we had no subjects in school. In between preperations we played chinese checkers and gossiped.

Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher

Comment

• Here's my new addition to my signature. (My 4th addition.)

Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

I had EXAMS. Scary things. Here's how each of them went.

English: Ahhh... It was okay. I highly doubt I got over 90%, if I'm lucky, I got an 85% or so. Would have done better if I bothered to memorize stuff from To Kill A Mockingbird. And if I had more time. I had to write two short answers, a expository (literary) paragraph, a contrast set, and a five-paragraph literary essay. Argh.

French: Didn't even finish it. Thing was fifteen pages long, five of it listening. That took forty minutes. I whirled through most of the writing, about eight and a half pages of it, until I got to the sight story... I didn't understand a lot of the vocabulary, only enough to know what was going on, and it took me a LONG time to do those questions... then I realized I only had TEN MINUTES to write my 150 word french essay on what I did on holidays. I would have finished if I read the instructions properly the first time, but I didn;t see the "150+ mots" part, so I scribbled stuff down- when I realized that part, I counted and found I didn't have enough and had to go rewrite a lot of it. I have NO IDEA how many words I got... but I don't think I hit 150 words. Oh well...

History- I did fine until I got to the essay and letter part of it. o.O Again, it would have helped if I read the instructions. Heh. ^^ Again, I doubt I got over 90%, but if I'm lucky, I got over 80%. I don't think it helped that one of my friends and I were discussing schools in our district beforehand... See, if you thought MY unaccepting school was bad, don't even go to one of the other ones. Sure, you get a lot of verbal insults and emotional damage at my school, and if you're not "cool," the wolves there rip you to pieces... but that other school we were talking about is in the area of two gangs, and has reverse racism. Their school is predominantly non-white, and one of my friend's friends had her arm broken and a lot of other bruises for being white. While all over other schools that are predominantly white, its the non-whites that get the flak. In a sense, I see it as sort of righteous thing (you do this to me, I'll do this to you, see how YOU like it), but in another sense, I know it's wrong and will really only breed more hate. *shrug*

Geography: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... I'm a tenth grader taking eleventh grade geography, and I'm NUKING it. I held a 99% average in that course for the entire first term! ^^ Of course, a lot of the grade elevens don't like me, and they might be plotting to beat me up for being too smart... Ah well. Let them at their own risk. Still... HAHAHAHAHAHA...... THAT EXAM WAS MINEEEEEEEE! I OWNED IT!!!! It was the greatest. I'm looking at the thing, and I'm all "OKay... I can do this!" and then, I did it, and I totally NUKED it!!! There's no way I could have failed that. The lowest mark I could have gotten on that thing was a 90%, and I doubt I even got that low! My mark will be anywhere from 95%-Perfect on that thing! BWAHAHAHAHAHA... kekekekeke.... It was mineeeeeeee.......

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• In Puerto Rico, at least in schools, you don't see often the problem of racism but that's probably because we're all black to some eyes and...uh... let me say an example. I'm white in the skin, but since I am a 100% Puerto Rican, then I'm black to every american in the states. But here, I'm white and he may be black but we don't care since we know that inside, we're black. Gangs, they're everywhere. I'm now in my father's house and whenever somthing happens (like Tito Trinidad winning a boxing match or something) you can hear the shots as celebration. In my mother's house, everyone knows that there's a... the people who sell drugs (I don't know how to say it in english) right outside (I live in an apartment so it'll be outside of the building). Those are all sad things about Puerto Rico, but you get used to it. To put it simple, Puerto Rico was like third in "most killings yearly" but the first two countries were in war. Last year there were more people killed here than in Irak. In the first 5, 6 days of 2004 12 people were already killed, one a girl who was accidentally hit by a "rogue bullet" (when people shoot into the air in New Year's or something).
                          Heck, you gotta see the news in the morning.

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Aurora: ...good for you, I think. If that wasn't the right answer, put my inability to comprehend down to the caffiene-deprived state I'm in.
                            db: Eep. K, now I really feel sheltered. Amber lives in the bland suburbs, in a fairly boring town, in a fairly boring state. Safety in a nutshell.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                            -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• The earth is a very violent place..believe it or not, Minnesota news is violent too.
                              Speaking of Peurto Rico, my friends neighbor is Puerto Rican, he is a chef. I always visit her house to eat dinner with her family and Tony. (I also the Puerto Rican food.) Today at school we had a festival celebrating Trinidad and Puerto Rico. We sang many songs and danced. It was so fun! A great experience, we dressed like we were all on the beach. (Even though it's -20.) I am the only African American girl in my grade. There are many more boys though ! We are not a very diverse school but we all end up going to Lake Jr. High, which is pretty diverse. In my school not many people get hurt. We have police officers visiting the school a lot, for programs and stuff. The city I live in is the best place to live in the midwest (it was voted and won that title,) we have very little crime rate. Except for the teenage boys across my street...they robbed my neighbor's and take cars.....

Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.

Comment

• Agent M!!!! That's Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                *bounces around with her* Many Million Congratulations. (Especially because I've done Science Fairs, and I suck at them... and so I ahev the utmost respect for anyone who can even stand them.)

TOR.N is really good, yeah- my best friend gets all their news, and tells it to me.

Wlf: no idea whatsoever. Things-That-Stop-People-from-falling-over-cables, maybe???

Er, Luthien, I think you're a little confused I'm Tui, marniebrown1 is Agent M.

Yay, Zgirl. I'm glad someone around here's feeling good about themselves, for once.... *looks glarily at certain people Who Know Who They Are*

Mmm.... I got contacts semi-recently. I actually really like them, though that is at least half because the little rubber nose things fell off my glasses so they HURT. Yeah, we had the Battle of the Contacts... it was fun. *grins* That was a long time ago- or not really, but it feels like it...

Congratulations, Kit. Those sound like they'll be great- and did you know, you don't actually have to have quotes to do well in an essay? I wrote a Lord of the Flies essay with NO QUOTES AT ALL and still, apparently, had text evidence enough to get an Excellence. So it maybe didn't go as badly as you think...

But not finishing an exam really sucks. My French marks were pretty bad too, three merits and three excellences... not too happy( I shoudl have got at least one mroe excellence) but oh well. I'll do better this year, I hope.

There is no such thing as reverse racism. Just so you know.

Amber- well, according to Clara, my whole country is incredibly sheltered and everyone's lives are way easy and we're so relaxed. Which is probably true, but I don't really like the way she says it, you know? As though anyone who's unhappy in NZ is pathetically ungrateful. I mean, I'm sheltered, there was never any doubt of that, but... meh. It kinda makes me feel like there's no point living here, you know??? Which is silly. It's not like we don't have problems with drugs and rape and theft and murder and so on. But.... oh well, I'm losing my thread now so I'll shut up.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                                --Agent M
                                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                                Still the Typo Queen
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X