The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um, whos diego again? sorry.
    And its already come out in spanish. GRRRRRRRR! *wishes she were fluent in spanish* well, may's not that far away...
    oh, and what's the second book called?

***ally***

"No...we named the monkey Jack"-pirates of the carribean
    "Not all who wander are lost"-JRR Tolkein
    and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy
    ***ally***
    Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.

Comment

• Diego is db_pr. But we likes to call him Diego.
      Just got back
      Sometimes wonder
      What I'm running from
      Searching for
      Tahiti China
      Back to Turkey
      On to Greece
      Canada Russia
      Back home
      Back home
      Back home
      At last

brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"
      brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• BC - These poems you've written are really cool! Keep writing them. They're fun to read.

M and Ally - what's City of the Beasts about? I've seen it in bookstores and at the library, but I haven't read it. Who's it by?

Comment

• City of the Beasts is by Isabelle Allende. Its about this teenage boy who's 16...17? He lives in CA (I think) anyway, hi mom has cancer and she has to go to some treatment clinic thing, so he goes to spend time with his gradma. shes 'eccentric' as it says in the book. she works for 'International Geographic' and takes him to the Amazon jungle to do an expidition on the mysterious 'Beasts'. He makes friend with this girl (Im blanking out on her name right now) and she and him go on an expidition with the International Geographic people. They get separated, and the native people take them to their camp/village. I don't want to say what halppens after that, I don't want to spoil anything. Well, I hope that was helpful...
            Also, (and this is random, but what is this topice for? ) but I just wanted to say I think its so cool all of the people who go on here can talk to eachother. I mean, I never woulde have had the opportunity to talk to someone from New Zealand (or even Michagen) without this...and you guys are interesting, not like the people on some other sites.
            ***ally***
            Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. I know this from experience.

[This message was edited by bookfanatic_ally on 07 February 2004 at 20:13.]
            ***ally***
            Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.

Comment

• Your right this site is Very cool, Never in a million yaers would I be able to talk to people from all over the world. And everyone here had something in common, BOOKS. We all love them, mad about them Its just nice talking to other people who understand your love of books when friends and family may not!
              -Daz-
              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• I agree 100% with you Fox.This is cool!

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
                Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
                Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
                Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
                Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *grins* Yeah, I lot of times IRL you're exposed to people who don't understand you and don't try to. But here, we all try to...and you never have to worry about being ridiculed because we're probably the most polite forum on the net...we all have lots in common, and, best of all, we don't judge by appearance. Not that anyone on this site would ever do that anyway.

I'm scared. See, I know I'm really sheltered and everything, and this might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but I'm in seventh grade at a private school, and it is a big deal. See, there's this kid, and no one really likes him. He's scary, in a word, and annoying. His brother is like an alcoholic and does drugs, and he (the kid--call him Q) told his girlfriend that he does marijuana and drinks and smokes. On the spot she told him that she didn't know WHAT she was going to do, but something bad, if he didn't stop. So later he said that he did. I don't believe him, and neither does the friend who told me about all this. Tomorrow morning we're going right to the principal to tell him about it. It scares me. Am I doing the right thing? People have got to know about it, or it could spread...*is worried*

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                  'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                  -Spongebob Squarepants
                  *Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

• You totally are Ella, you are so smart to tell the principal.I feel worried for the girlfriend. What could she do to herself? And it is a big deal to me, ecspecially if he's in 7th grade like you. No one in 7th grade, (or any age,) should be doing that stuff.
                    My experiences in private schools are pretty bad. That's why I go to public school.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
                    Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
                    Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
                    Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
                    Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I've gone to private school my whole life, and my experiences there have so far been pretty good. As of right now, nothing really bad had happened. And this doesn't, again as of right now, directly affect me. But if it doesn't get stopped...

I changed my sig. I saw this on a T-shirt the other day. It makes me laugh.

*Ella*

Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana.
                      *Ella*
                      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                      What could mean more than this?"
                      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• ewizard: I think you are doing the right thing, and agree with zgirl. oh, and you go to a private school? Im also in 7th grade at private school. How many kids are in your grade/class? My school is TINY

***ally***
                        ***ally***

Comment

• Books, books, books.... hehehe. They're great!

Lesse... I'm deep into the third book in Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. It's an awesome series by Tad Williams. The first book is called The Dragonbone Chair, the second The Stone of Farewell, and the third is To Green Angel Tower. I love these books!
                          Sitting on the top of a pile of books is A Wizard's Holiday, just waiting to be read. Sadly, it'll have to wait a while... To Green Angel Tower is 1,000 pages. (Woah) The other two aren't as long. I like Diane Duane's Young Wizards book... Duh, because that's why I joined here!
                          Other good books... I liked The Hero and the Crown by Robin Mckinely. Good book... but I didn't like The Blue Sword. A lot of people have been talking about His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. Dunno what I think of it. I'd have to read them again.
                          Role-playing is fun. I joined Abroad forever ago and I love it! It's based of DD's Young Wizard series. I'm Gryphon, the insanely hyper wizard cat.
                          Another RP site that I joined quite a while after I did Abroad is The White Forest This one is for people who love fantasy books. Don't judge it by the front page... We've had a few discussions about that. One of the things wrong is that *ahem* people can fly. Everyone who's joined thinks that just shouldn't be. A few other things are wrong with the White Forest's front page, but that doesn't matter. It's a great RP site.

-MaThFrEaK
                          L&R/Gryphon
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

• you all are so sheltered, really...

I've gone to public school all my life. And it's pretty good- because you get a pretty good education and you get at least SOMEWHAT streetsmart... And it seems to me that a lot of you aren't really streetsmart...

First of all. Drugs are a normal part of life. Kids I knew started smoking them about sixth or seventh grade as well. By eighth grade, most of my class, in the popular crowd, did the forbidden weed and drank and stuff. In ninth grade, my locker buddy asked me to go out to the smoking pit with her. I said no, nicely, but you have to wonder who I would be if I went with her. It's really as simple as drugs will exist. If you're freaking out about them in seventh grade, I don't want to know your reaction to them in ninth. It's as simple as it's their life they're messing up, not yours- Only YOU are responsible for whether or not YOU end up on drugs or not.

Stopping smoking and drinking and drugs? It's possible, but one thing- the girlfriend told him to stop then and there. That IS NOT going to work, for the simple fact that alcohol and drugs ARE ADDICTIVE. And its not what she wants- its what he wants. And if he wants to stop doing them, he'll have to go to professional help. They don't ask questions.

Yeesh. And by the standards, I am hopelessly naive and sheltered. Honestly, if I rank hopelessly naive... what are YOU guys?

Just a few tips. Drugs aren't that scary. They mess you up, but you can get over them. It's when 3% of people in seventh grade admit to having "gone all the way" that it gets unnerving. But that statistic isn't accurate, because on the report that the people took (it ended up on the news), they couldn't ask seventh graders that question, but they could admit to it in writing if they wanted. So thus, there will be some people who say they have to be cool, when they haven't, and some people who have but won't admit it. Maybe its just the area I live in, but I'm in one of the best schools in my district, and that's my view. Drugs aren't that scary.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Oh yeah! I did forget the Circus! Hmmm... I thought I posted about it... I did! just in another post.
                                Heh. Woopsie.
                                M's Circus

-MaThFrEaK
                                L&R/Gryphon
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X