No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I've been away for like 5 pages...but now I'm back. I missed you guys when the site was down! (Heh. We're so pathetic.)

So, I was rereading HDM (His Dark Materials) and I don't think we ever talked about this, but what do you think your daemon (I don't know how to make the a and the e squish together, it also probably has a special name or something that I don't know.) would be, if it had settled? I think mine would be some sort of small monkey.

Tui! You're going to New York, aren't you? How long ago was it that you first announced that? How long will you be there? I hope you have fun!

Est-ce que tu aimes faire du ski? Oui, j'aime bien faire du ski, mais je ne fait pas du ski nautique. Et toi? J'aime faire du ski nautique quelquefois. (French quiz tomorrow.)

EDIT: Message to those of you who post on fanfiction.net or fictionpress.net: could you please, please, PLEASE describe to me EXACTLY what you put in the blanks to fill out the form for uploading your work? Because it hates, hates, hates me, and it keeps saying I've uploaded an empty document. PRECISE details, please! Thank you all so much!

*Ella*

Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana.

[This message was edited by EWizard11 on 23 February 2004 at 14:55.]
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Hmmm...

Mine would probably be something sleek and powerful like a tiger. Or possibly a fluffy black cat with white paws.

Wolves are nice, and yeah, I definitly like wolves. But that's not me. Cats I like, but little house cats don't have power. And there's something about lions that don't fit me. Lions, leopards, jaguars... Tigers are what fit me.

I read HDM a long time ago... I kinda don't remember it much, but people keep on bringing it up. I guess I oughta reread it sometime.

"What? Will dies???"

Err... *cough* *cough*. It was easy to get lost for me in the Chat Area. Note that Will does not die. Usually main characters don't die.

Wish List was an awesome book! The main character died in that one. And it's not like I'm spoiling anything. She dies in the first chapter of the book. And no, the book is not one chapter long. The main character is a spirit.

-MaThFrEaK
      "Hehehe. You smell funny."
      "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
      "Izza mousey!"
      ~Gryphon~
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• You know what...speaking of monkeys. I was looking at Poot and I kind of thought that all of us might have little Poot's following us around making us do bad things. (Like guardian angels.) I think mine might be an evil monkey for sure. (Just check my signature.)

The monkey made me do it!
        ~Z~
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• LOL!
          Mine would probably be... some sort cat or bird, it would be cool to have a panda though. Not some small house cat, but something big, leading, unique, scary, and slightly tempermental.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
          CRAZY, WEIRD, AND PROUD!
          Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
          Freedom is an illusion, it always comes at a price!
          ~Sam (Hifun55)~
          Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
          HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
          My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• re TSTSNBN (The Site That Shall Not Be Named--ff.net, for obvious reasons): um, you go to 'document manager' on the blue list-type thing on the left, fill in the 'Label' box and browse your computer for the document. What seems to be the problem, specifically?
            And don't worry, TSTSNBN hates everyone.
            re daemons: Hmm...prolly a cat. (An ordinaryish run-of-the-mill house cat.) Or a minor sort of dragon. Nothing too majestic/herculean/elsewhat, but something that snaps back when annoyed, is associated with books and/or learning, has a tendency towards the arts, is on the reclusive or even secretive side most days, and is possibly pyroprojectile.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
            -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Sorry to interupt you guys lovely talk hear, but I was wondering If I was the only one with problems witht the Shout Box??? For me it keeps saying Noneexsitent Session or whatever. I just wanted to know

P.S. Lots' of people on but no one in chat but me

Lissa
              "We pray for our sorrows to end,
              and hope that our hearts will blend.
              Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
              And who knows:
              starting a new journey may not be so hard
              or maybe it has already begun.
              There are many worlds,
              but they

Comment

• Wait I just relized why no one was in chat. NOBODY LOVES ME!!!!!!!!! I ran everyone away. I am to buggy arn't I?? Just tell me the truth OK???

Lissa
                "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                and hope that our hearts will blend.
                Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                And who knows:
                starting a new journey may not be so hard
                or maybe it has already begun.
                There are many worlds,
                but they

Comment

• You know what's weird?

My boyfriend and I broke up and we're HAPPY.

Now we're best friends again and it just feels right, even if we both kinda like eachother...

Can anyone older and wiser explain this to me?

A Jedi Ewok
                  And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and *almost* a new driver...
                  A physics geek
                  And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• Oh, and Melissa, dun worry...I like you!

*hands out virtual chocolate*

I just dun like going to the chat room place...

Oh...and I'm grounded, so I probably shouldn't even be here...I keep fighting with my mom, and I dun know how to stop...

A Jedi Ewok
                    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and *almost* a new driver...
                    A physics geek
                    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• My dæmon would be...

Well, me and A-kun had a discussion on this once... lasted a lot of emails.

He said I'd be something like a hawk or a falcon, because it reflects me.... ^^ Something tough and wiry, he said.

I think his would be a mongoose. Small, but vicious little things... ^^

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• "And there's a demon in my head that starts to play a nightmare tape loop of what went wrong yesterday and I hold my breath till it's more than I can take and I close my eyes and dream that I'm awake"
                        -Third Eye Blind, Narcolepsy

"Everyone's got to face down the demons. Maybe today, you can put the past away."
                        -Third Eye Blind, Jumper

Post more demon lyrics! (It has to have either 'demon' or 'demons,' 'dæmon' or 'dæmons' in it.)

...and remember: You're not alone. The demons tried to eat me again today, too.

--Dai Stihó

ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
                        -Webster's Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

• Oh, and FireWitch, maybe you're happier because you've created some distance. When you've gotten bored or annoyed with someone, often distance from them will let you idealize them again, bringing new life to your relationship.

--Dai Stihó

ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
                          -Webster's Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

• An Aesc! How do you do those???

(ae)

I remember reading something about that in a book once. Funny all the stuff you learn from fiction books.

Like dragons breath fire. (snort...)

And because I'm obssessed with this smiley:

-MaThFrEaK
                            "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                            "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                            "Izza mousey!"
                            ~Gryphon~
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• Mm...interesting...most people think their daemons would be powerful creatures. I doubt mine would be...wonder what that says about me?

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                                -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                                My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                                OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Working...
                                X