No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bananas: I know this is after the point, but I have that info from a reputable source: pg. 79 of the 1998 edition of the DK Science Encyclopedia. And don't insult bananas! It's a slang term for Asian-American! (Sorry if you didn't get that the first time around.)

My daemon would probably be... well, my friends insist it'd be a loud, annoying bird of some sort. A parakeet or a macaw, like. Or, alternately, some of my other friends say it'd be a monkey, because I act like one and anyway, it's the one zodiacal animal in the threefold affinity (which it shares with rat and dragon) that I don't have as part of my profile.

(edit) ARGH! That keeps on happening! Someone else keeps on posting right before I do, so I don't get to see their words before I post...

Oh... and DOES this smiley: make anyone else think of Washu from Tenchi Muyo?

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

If you can't spell my name, go ahead and call me semi or S-chan. I don't mind, really.

Visit my deviantart site at semiramis.deviantart.com ^.^v!

Comment

• *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

• PPC: I think yours would be a evil bunny with red eyes!!!!! lol

The monkey made me do it!
        ~Z~
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Ooh! Ppc... I usually think of you as a bunny, since you have one on your userpiccy. And you're a generally nice and polite person, from what I know. But it's really hard for me to say, huh? I don't really know you in RL, which takes away much reference...

But then again, it could be argued that people are more inclined to let their "true" selves out on the 'net. If there is such a thing...

Ack. NO. PHILOSOPHY! BAD SEMI-CHAN!

(edit) ARRGH! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

If you can't spell my name, go ahead and call me semi or S-chan. I don't mind, really.

Visit my deviantart site at semiramis.deviantart.com ^.^v!

Comment

• Hey, M!!! Go to the chats... it's me, Sam, and Lissa. *cough cough*. Sam, lissa, and me.

Tiger... power is definitly a bit that represents me. Not that I'm powerful, but... Lions symbolize king I suppose. That doesn't fit me.

-MaThFrEaK
            "Hehehe. You smell funny."
            "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
            "Izza mousey!"
            ~Gryphon~
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

• semiramis, re bananas: Yep, I got that...but we got sidetracked talking about bananas-as-in-genus-Musa-of-family-Musaceae. Anyways...
                semiramis, M, and Z re daemons: I am not an evil bunny. Neither is the KBA. Because it is a nice innocent KBA. Stop picking on it.
                But in any case, I don't think I'd be much of a rabbit...see earlier post.
                Hmm...prolly a cat. (An ordinaryish run-of-the-mill house cat.) Or a minor sort of dragon. Nothing too majestic/herculean/elsewhat, but something that snaps back when annoyed, is associated with books and/or learning, has a tendency towards the arts, is on the reclusive or even secretive side most days, and is possibly pyroprojectile.
                semiramis, re 'letting one's true self show on the net': It could be argued that one's 'true self' is by definition what one appears to be IRL. For instance, I have a chance to think a moment before I post here and, as I constantly try not to offend anyone, I feel I come across as rather spineless occasionally. Which, if you ask anyone who knows me IRL, is definitely not me. On the other hand, it could also be argued that as I have a chance to fully consider my thoughts, what I post here is more truly 'me' than blurted impulses.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Skitty:
                  An Aesc! How do you do those???

(ae)
                  ]

Ok, well I know that on Mac OS X.3 (Jaguar) there's a 'special characters' under the edit menu that let's you find them. As for PCs, there's various ways. I know that one way is to use a key combination on the keypad, or something. Another way is to get one in MS Word using the menus (just look around, special characters're in there somewhere) and then paste it into your post.

--Dai Stihó
                  "Our world is rule by people with issues, not brains." - Gryphon
                  ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
                  -Webster's Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

• Thanks! Stupid computer... I hate Word. (Not really, but still)

Hey! Is that one of my quotes? Woohoo! (beaming)

"Our world is ruled by people with issues, not brains."
                    -Gryphon

Okay Spanish speaking people. I have a question. In Spanish class, we're doing menus b/c our current unit is FOODS. If I wanted to put 'bacon and eggs', would I put 'tocineta y huevo' without the 'el' and 'la'? I think it's yes, but I'm not sure...

Heh. Spanish isn't my best class... as a lot of people here know.

-MaThFrEaK
                    "Izza mousey!"
                    ~Gryphon~
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• Gryphon: On a menu, you'd put los tocinos y los huevos. Spanish uses definitive articles much more than English does.
                        M: That was because you said 'la mi profesora.' With the 'mi,' the 'la' is rendered unneccessary. You could have said 'la profesora de mi' or 'la profesora mia,' but if you use 'mi' you leave the 'la' out. Otherwise it would translate to 'the my professor.' And that just doesn't make sense.

Oh, randomness fun! I was hanging out with a friend during lunch, and we spent the whole time talking in Spanish. It was so much fun. I love Spanish, I really do.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

• lol. I've been really lucky, I guess--all my Spanish teachers actually wanted us to like the language. And they succeeded; I get all hyper just by having a five-minute conversation in Spanish.
                            Me encantaba hablar espanol.

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Just making sure:
                              (Item 1) Los Tocinetas y Las Huevos....PRICE
                              (Item 2) Los Pancakes (pretend)........PRICE

Would that be right?

-MaThFrEaK
                              "Izza mousey!"
                              ~Gryphon~

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X