No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Balrog, you know, the big firey thing that "Kills" Gandalf in the first movie.
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Skitty: I gave up RPGing a while ago. It's fun, but takes up waaaay too much time. Maybe I'll join in the summer or something...
      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Balrog, M! C'mon!!!!! Firey thing? Wings? The 'dwarves dug too deep' and let out this creature. He goes "Raaaahhh!"

Okay. Summer. And yeah, ugg, role-playing does take up time. Ugg about that. But it's soooo fun!!!!

Ooo... Sam, can I have a Balrog? Wicked ally!
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Oh! I remember that!!! I'm just not good with LOTR names..... Tolkein is really imaginitive with his names... Which is the positve thing about the books, and didn't he make up the Elvish language?
          "He goes Raaaahhh!" lol Gryphon!
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Yepps. And all of the other languages in his books, too. I read somewhere that JRR's main passion was creating languages, and that his writing was just a way for him to showcase them.... although I don't know whether this is true or not ^.^7.

Comment

• Yeah, tolkein made up the languages, including I think two variants of Elvish, Quendar and... Sindar, maybe? Quenya and sindar? Meh. my friend took a short net course in the q-one, anywya. There are fanfatics who actually speak the languages- Tolkein was actually amazing and, I feel a little, uhm, obsessed?

Anne of Green Gables isn't boring- just very simple. You'd have to read it first when you were 5 to enjoy it, I think, Agent M...
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Anne of Green Gables isn't boring- just very simple. You'd have to read it first when you were 5 to enjoy it, I think, Agent M...
                -Tui
                My mom loved that series. Heh. And I thought it was sooooo boring! I only tried to read the firest book or whatever. I have a thing about books that I don't instantly sink into. Kinda a bad trait, really, because there are a lot of good books with boring beginnings. But some I get past the beginning! The Time of the Dark by I forgot who was pretty good in my opinion.

*Yawn!!!!!* I need to get a bit more sleep. Snngg...

Back to LOTR lanugages... Yes, I DO know some people who WRITE NOTES in elvish. That's obsessed! They altered the style a bit, but... MIGAWD!!!!!

In case you're interested in learning how to write in elvish, look in the back of the third LOTR book.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• AVIDGAMNERS IS WOKRING TODAY!!! WOOHOO!!!! I just ahd to do an all-caps message, cuz this is good news!

Comment

• I feel sad...
                    I haven't been on this forum in a while...can anyone sympathize me? I've been sitting listening to 30 reports on hurricanes...(all the reports were the same.) At first I was drawing, then I got in trouble because I was supposed to be listening. (Which is hard when everyone wrote THE SAME THING!!!!!!) I have so much math homework and it's due friday and it's hard. I won't be able to go to Universal Studios, (instead I'm with my lovely grandmother.) And I'm not allowed to talk on the phone. This one girl in my class got contacts, now I'm the only one with glasses, so I'm officially the ugliest in my class. The girl looks so much better with contacts you can see she has really big brown eyes. So do I but I have thes stupid glasses covering them. I'm such a geek.... I need something happy... (wait that's not happy.) Goodbye forum...(just to say Aurora you freaked me out... I'm never going to sleep again!)
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Z: A: You're not ugly. B. Why can't you go to Universal? C. That message was a bit scrambled but you sound upset, *hugs Z* D. What are the hurricane warnings for? I haven't heard them..
                      Tui and Gryphon: I only read the first Anne of Green Gables book, *snicker* Funny think is, I tried reading on my 7th birthday. lol. Which is close enough to 5....... lol.
                      Gryphon: YEA!!!!!!!!!
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

• I read the first Anne of Green Gabels when I was in 3rd grade and almost died. I hated it, but I have weird tastes so... *shrug*
                        Skitty tell those people if they want to write notes where no one can read them, either A: write it in rot13, tought it to 2 of my friends and they write each other that way, or B: write it in white crayon/colored pencil and have the other person color OVER it when they get it. Because notes in elf writing.... just scary.
                        About AG: *runs around the house returning all odd looks she recives from both Mother and Cats* IT IS BACK ON!!!!!
                        Z: *huggles* That really sucks!! You are NOT ugly, so what if you wear glasses!! Here's a happy face: OK all the hapy-ish ones except the ones that take up more than one line.... *huggles* Feel better!

I just have to say this: Stickers Smell GOOD!!!!!
                        ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                        Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                        HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                        My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• I haven't read that book. Ever. But hey, AV is back!!
                          Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I read them all, eventually...discovered Montgomery quite early but stopped reading the Anne books after book 3 for several years.

Randomness!
                            Anyone read any good webcomics lately?
                            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Nope, actually I don't think I've ever read one. Were can i find one?
                              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Note: This is not an actual Mac Hall banner. They don't have any. This is an oekaki drawn by Amber and it is based on one of the strips.
                                http://machall.com is a really excellent comic, but not too punctual on the updates...right now they've got a good excuse, though. (Apparently, Ian's computer is broken.)
                                At any rate, the art is particularly high-quality in terms of both coloring and lineart, and while some of the jokes are a bit campus-life-cliche the scripts are for the most part quite well-done.

http://aido.furvect.com/fall/fal-page.htm hasn't been updated in a while either, but Aido recently posted that her computer was down as well or something of the sort and hopefully the strip will get back on schedule by next week.
                                The art here is fantastic as well. Aido's done a wonderful job making Altae (the fantasy world in which Fallen is set) a believable place and the denizens of said world equally believable.

I hesitated to plug http://www.stringsoffate.com because it is on hiatus for who-knows-how-long and I strongly suspect it is going to die, leaving us poor agonized readers with a whole lot of loose ends and many, many gaps in the backstory.
                                However, what is there is superb. The artistic style is like a cross between Disney and anime, and turns out surprisingly well; the plot isn't particularly original, but is executed magnificently. I advise skipping the first two chapters as they aren't really neccessary and are rather poorly composed in comparison to the rest.

http://beta.sluggy.com is a fun and rather mindless read. It does follow something of a complicated plot and deals with a lot of sci-fi stuff (i.e. vampires, time travel, aliens), but nothing's taken too seriously. Well, not for any significant amount of time. The art is usually quite simplistic but rather appealing.

I'll probably think of more later, but at the moment I can't bring any good ones to mind.

[This message was edited by papercrane on 17 March 2004 at 18:48.]
                                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Working...
                                X