No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were there from Monday to Thursday, the earthquake ride rocks! You go on a subway train and an earthquake happens...a truck falls down on you from the street a flood happens! It's so cool. (I ended up getting wet on every ride.) We also went on the JAWS water ride where you're on a boat and a bunch of sharks attack you and one has a wire in it's mouth and blows up a gas tank. It's sooo scary! The fire is really real the only problem is you don't smell smoke.
    Anybody who wants to go on a vacation go to Universal Studios but only stay in the Portofino Bay or Hard Rock hotel because if you stay there you get to budge to the front of the line in every ride, trust me it's worth it!!!
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Hi all,
      God theres been alot of posts in the last 4-5 hours!!! Anyway someone was asking about Autism. Well as some of you might remember I have said that I work with an autisic child and though I am no expert I can clear up a few things and tell you a few unwantted facts!! No one yet knows the causes of Autism because there seems to be differant reasons for differant people, it can be genetic, or enviromental, or phyical (by that I mean the way there brain has developed). Also within Autism there are a number of differant forms, some are quite normal, some just live within themselves (so to speak)! If you want to know anymore just ask I will try and answer!! Now the unwantted facts, and I really hate to say this fella's but its about us!! I have been informd that ALL males have a degree of Autism and ADHD (I think most people knows what that sands for 'attention deficency hyperactive disorder') as well as asbergers (think I spelt that right!!). Anyway I'm going now so I'll talk to you all later.
      Fox
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Nope. I'm an '87 baby and although I did do a lot of flying, it was mostly between New South Wales and NZ- I was a frozen embryo, you see.

Uhm. "What's the Chernobyl Disaster?"

*chokes and dies in horror* What do they TEACH you in schoools these days????????
        I mean. uhm. *shakes* It's kind of pretty major, isn't it? And, um, Sam, "That's cool?" NO IT'S NOT. IT'S A DISASTER!

Aspergers, I think it is, fox.
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• My god all that radioactive poisin... They all should be shot. No hering. No trail. Just shot.

Evil poeple.
          *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
          *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
          *Many have come and go

Comment

• I freak out if there's some chemical componay or ANYTHING that is polluting. Polluting a ton. Doesn't have to be a chemical company, just ANYTHING.

Yes, I love all the tress, plants, and pretty things with wings. They grow and smell good.

Okay, I saw this documentary about this one company *shudders* that had HUGE MASSIVE ENOURMOUS piles of lead. I forgot what it exactly they did with lead, but they were getting it in the soil, the air, EVERYTHING. And it's lead. After hearing this, I freaked. You should know how bad lead is. Very very very bad. ((And no, it's not in pencils) Okay, well, they got into trouble. The people that lived around that area had SERIOUS problems. The safest that you could be:
            a) stay outside as little as possible
            b) vaccum, clean, shampoo the carpet and furniture every week
            c) don't go to school
            d) in fact, don't leave your house
            e) don't drink water
            f) don't breathe air
            g) don't touch the air

It was insane and very serious. Oh, I won't continue on this now. I wanna go outside! It's a perfectly sunny day. AND IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I should point out at this juncture that lead itself (i.e. the metal) is not what is dangerous. What is dangerous are compunds that have lead in them. (For years, white paint contained lead salts, because they have nice strong colours. Then they twigged that painting baby cots in these paints was a bad idea...)

Tui: Yes, I was shocked that people hadn't heard about Chernobyl... I figured it was because they were form a country that wasn't effected. The fact you, a New Zealander had heard of it blows that theory out the water.

Which reminds me: there is a small village about 10 miles from where I live called New Zealand. Where do I live? Well, about five miles from Pennsylvania...
              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Beware anyone who is still under their parents rule!!!! There's this evil time lock thingie, the computer tracks how long each person (You have to log in ) is on, and I only get an hour! Grrrr.... That means no long chats unless that's all I do for the day. Grr. On school days an hour is fine, but on a weekend... Especially since it's spring break now!!!! Grr. BEWARE!!!!!!!!
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

• ARRG, M!!!! Is there nothing you can do about the clock????? Is it when you log on your user or when you log onto the internet or what???? Raaaaah!!!

And what about when DD logs on? Wait! That's tomorrow, isn't it? Someone tell me what time and by what clock!!! I can't miss this one!!!!

Okay, pplz. If ya wanna do a book swap, go to the book swap topic. So far I only have one swap. Agent M reads Crusader and I read To Visit the Queen. Anyone else wanna swap??? I'll tell you a book!

Lesse... sorry people that I haven't been on the White Forest. So busy, unbeleivably busy!!! I'll finish here, then go there.

M. Evil clocks. Tell it to go away.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdhead:
                    And, um, Sam, "That's cool?" NO IT'S NOT. IT'S A DISASTER!
                    No, no, no!! Not cool THAT way!! That is horibible, but I meant cool, like interesting, something for me to look into. I find stuff like that sad but interesting. I sat down one day and just researched all sorts of disasters because I like that kind of stuff. But somehow I didn't come across that. I love nature and stuff, but that kind of thing just interests me, I think I got it from my dad. He researches chemical diasters all the time. Sorry.
                    M, heh I know how you feel, I remember having only half an hour on the computer. That sucked/sucks. *hugs*
                    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilf:
                      How high can you get? I sing bass normally, and I can get to around the G above the C above middle C. Not as highI could get before my voice broke of course, but naturally I can get a lot lower. (Around about G be,ow C below middle C).
                      I'm female; my upper range (I count that as when your larynx starts to squeeze its self) begins at around G#ish two above middle C, and ends at around F-ish two octaves above that (that's four octaves and a P4 above middle C, the highest F on a piano for the musical-illiterate ^.^7), although by then I'm starting to sound very much like I'm whistling (except I can't whistle one tenth so loud, or high). I never go this high; one, my music never calls for it, and two, it takes far too much air to sustain for any amount of time. On the other hand, the absolute bottom of my range (i.e., just before my voice starts sounding like a happy diseased cat with two pounds of sand in its throat... although how it could be happy in that situation is completely beyond me...) is somewhere near the F in the octave two below middle C. This is only if I work down to it, and if I've warmed up, on a good day; and my tone quality, while passeable, sucks like a small child on a very big lollipop. If I lived anywhere but San Diego, I wouldn't even be able to get in that octave, given that the weather conditions here are mild (e.g. not too cold or dehydrated), and perfect for the lower range. I never use my range down there, either, because it hurts if I do it too often, and it's too far into the back of my throat for my comfort; the bottom of my comfort-range is about two octaves higher (E-A below middle C, depending on conditions... I'm a weakling, yes, so shut up about that *bonks muse on head for blowing raspberry*). My best friend can get about half an octave lower than that F without warming up, and she's a soprano. I've got another friend, a year my junior, who can sing like that, but she's an alto; I don't know how low she can sing, but it's lower than the previous, I'm pretty sure. I also am acquainted with a contralto (that's a female who has a masculine range/timbre) who is likewise a year younger than me; the upper part of her comfortable range (middle two-and-a-half to three octaves, usually) just barely overlaps the lower part of mine, and I can't even guess at how low she can go.

...it suddenly occurres to me that my range begins and ends on F. Huh. Maybe that's why I always sing/play on d minor (that's actually F Major, but starting on D instead of F).

...or maybe not.

(Sorry for rambling on this; music is one of my three-to-four great obsessions in life)

Originally posted by M:
                      I don't get the pun... cept that sounds funny when you say it out loud...
                      Genetic disorder, as in my family has problems. Perhaps I should have said geneological disorder?

Comment

• WOW. I know nothing about my voice, and your self knowledge about it surprises me. Who could I talk to in order to find this information about myself out?

Comment

• I think it is time to introduce some notaion here, to save talking about "the G above the C two octaves middle C" all the time. This is based on what I used at school, and works as follows:
                          * Middle C and above use lower case letters, below middle C uses upper case letters
                          * Middle C is written c, the C above that is written c', the c above that c'' etc.
                          * The C below mddile c is written C, the C below that is written C', the C below that C'', etc.
                          * Any other note takes the form of the C below it. So, g is the g above middle, B'' is the B above the C two below middle C.
                          * Any questions? Good...

On this basis, my piano has a range from A''' to a''', a clarinet has the range E to ~a'', and my voice runs from G' to ~ g'.
                          So, Semi, if I read what you are saying correctly... your upper range runs from g#' to f''', and your bottom note is around F'. Now, that is far higher than any person I have known, which makes me wonder how musical do they actually sound? Also, which part do you normally sing? (S/A/T/B?)
                          I understand about the rambling thing... my great obssessions in life are 1) Music 2) Theatre (well, lighting thereof) 3) People 4) Books 5) Maths 6) Learning. That may sound like a lot of obsessions, but I lead a very busy life.

Genetic disorders... I don't think I have any... but bear in mind all people have a few hundred genes which are not inheited - they have mutated in some way.
                          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Ummm ummm umm uhh uhh... Music. Can we not talk about music? Some people *coughcoughgryhoncoughcough* are VERY music illiterate and this is driving that someone mad.

Ignore nore nore nore nore nore nore nore la la la la la *choke* cough! cough! HACK HACK HACK!!!!!

'Scuze me.

Okay. Well, different topic now. I am COLD, and I'm wearing sleeveless. Brilliant, Gryphon. But anyway... My cats all love cat food, but Sparkle, the outdoor cat, is the only fat one. You'd think she'd get skinnier what with all the extra exercise but noooo. She's a pig! Piggo piggo piggo!

Yes, I did have sugar today. Hehe. Hehehe. Mwahahaha Hehehahahahahahahaha!!! This smiley is funny. Watch it. Hahaha...

<span class="ev_code_RED">The chat was changed to April 3rd.</span>

That's just so everyone knows.

Now I have to go clean my room!!!!!!!

Comment

• April 3rd... YEA!!! I think I can come!!! Happy! Wait.. NOOO!!! I can't!!! It's my mom's weekend, she doesn't have Java. *hiss* EVIL!!! Grr. You can't download it there cuz we have AOL. grrr.
                              And the clocks, it's when your on the computer, not just internet. But my dad had mercy cuz it's spring break, now I have an hour and a half. But still... Good new though, I restarted the computer while I was logged on and it refreshed my time.... I think I figured it out. And it took them 5 years to make it childproof... uh huh...
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• That's crazy, Sorry M wish that could help. that is so sad, I wish that I could help. Again but I can't.
                                "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                                and hope that our hearts will blend.
                                Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                                And who knows:
                                starting a new journey may not be so hard
                                or maybe it has already begun.
                                There are many worlds,
                                but they

Comment

Working...
                                X