No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCERPT!!!!!!!! THANK YOU DD!!!!!!!!!
    Can't think of anything else to say right now..... It's all Poot's fault!!!
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• I fight against Poot! I have a whole spiel to say RIGHT THIS MINUTE, because it was the opening night of my production and I feel VERY VERY good. So here goes.

I HAVE to talk about this. I believe I've mentioned my school musical, <i>Cabaret</i>- it's a tragedy about a girl dancing in a Cabaret in Berlin in the 30s, pretty much, and depressing but OH MY GOD, it was Opening Night tonight and we were AMAZING.

<333333333333333333333 EVERYONE who was in it, who saw it, who will see it- it was SO much fun, a full on adrenaline rush constantly in insane and overdone stage makeup, purple nails, made up bruises and trackmarks (Uhm, I was a prostitute/dancer... I wore a lot of underwear & that was all...) and the music is fabulous, a tiny band with two saxes and a double bass and two clarinets and a piano and the insane Canadian drummer, and DEBBIE and AMy our leads (Debbie= SERIOUSLY AMAZING, MINDBLOWING, as the MC, a creepy androgynous figure. Fabulous makeup she was GORGEOUS and vv sexy.) (Amy= very good as our leading lady Sally Bowles.) AND the boys, who were great, and the table danceers and the scaffold dancers and Louise B (Frau Schneider, <3 her) and Ellen (Kost- Crackup! played a prostitute, great line "They are just lonesome, patriotic sailors. I have a duty!") And of course never forget the fabulous KitKat Dancing girls (me and nine others), who completely rocked the show.

Uhm, yeah, I'm really high on musical madness, here, as I think you can tell.

Cabaret=awesome.

Also. If any of you are wondering about NY? Pictures coming soon, hopefully this thrusday.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• That's sooo cool! I hope I"m in a cool play like that sometime! I want to sing! But I don't think my mom will let me have the part you had Tui. RRRRRRR! I so want to meet all of you guys in real life!
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• You're excited! I bet it was great!

I finshed A Wizard's Holiday finally! Aug, fine. So they all died? As good as died, I mean. Well, fine. They weren't physical being anymore. I'll call that dead.

Ah poopy, I wanna see Roshaun seriously humilated. He's a butthead despite all the 'heroic' crap at the end. ((You're so positive, Gryphon...)) Ugg. I liked Alone, and I was kinda expecting Darryl to be in there somewhere. I mean, c'mon! Ya build a character and a story, then leave 'em behind. What's this? He's bound to reappear somewhere in the future. He just has to!
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Yeah, maybe Darryl will be in War..... Hope so.
            Gryphon, they didn't die, they moved on to a better stage of life, it's different.
            *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

• I know, I know... But ugg. I said they're as good as dead.

Okay. I have KoolAid again, but guess what!? This time it isn't up my nose!!! Woohoo!!! I bet you're proud!
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hmmm...

Do you ever question your life?
                Do you ever wonder why?
                Do you ever see in your dreams
                All the castles in the sky....

Hmm... know what I've realised recently? I've changed a lot. A whole whole lot. I guess the main indication was my trusty "Book of Questions." There was a question in it about prostitution, and my answer now is the complete opposite of the one I said maybe... six... eight months ago. Yeah, I've changed drastically... I think though, that I'm thinking for myself now... That's a good feeling.

my still favourite question:

Question 64:

You and a person you love deeply are placed in seperate rooms with a button next to each of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person, but will immediately be killed. What do you think you would do?

Difficult one- and there's no third option. You press the button or you don't... personally, I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably be sitting there numb in shock... and not press the button. On the other hand, I might also be incredibly worried and freak out and hit the button... And I don't think I'd press the button for at least fifteen to twenty minutes...

yeah.

Comment

• Hey, sorry I've been gone all week (but it's not like you noticed anyway...) we had exams. They're not enormously counting exams, but they're real enough, and it's my first experience with them, so I've been completely frazzled.

Questions like that are hard, because you think that you would do the heroic thing and press the button, but really I don't know what I'd do...because there's three options:
                  -You both die
                  -You die, and save them
                  -They die, and save you
                  And how could you live with yourself knowing that someone who really loved you died for you, and with the wondering if they had really done it in panic, or if they had thought deeply on it and decided that your life mattered to them more than their own.
                  *Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

• I like the word Frazzle. It amuses me somehow. And Snazzy. and a lot of other words. I have a tendency to make up words, especially spur of the moment... and I have a tendency to ramble which I am doing again.

Sorry, I'm sleepy. Point being, frazzle=fun sounding word.

Oh!! *spazzes* Soo many smilies. I haven't been on here in like half a year...
                    ------------------------------
                    Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                    -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• Well hi!

I have the tendancy to BE HYPER!!!!!!!

((Eeeheehee))

=^..^=

I have no idea what I'd do in a situation like that. Freak? Panic? Most likely. It's a cruel question. What would you really do?

Comment

• Dai Abby! Like the Avi but I don't think we're allowed shimmery stuff... lol. Oh well. Z has a moving butterfly. *shrug*
                        Beware of the Gryphon.
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• Hey M how did you get that thing under you memeber thing?? It is pretty cool.

Hey Abby, I'm Melissa but people call me Lissa. Yeah there is not much eles to say other then you really need to be carefull of Gryphon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's two people who warned you!!!
                          "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                          and hope that our hearts will blend.
                          Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                          And who knows:
                          starting a new journey may not be so hard
                          or maybe it has already begun.
                          There are many worlds,
                          but they

Comment

• Hey Abby!
                            I'm Z or Zgirl, never ZGirl. And I love the letter Z. (That's what my name starts with.) I'm from MN and you can stare at my moving butterfly as long as you want.
                            I updated it some, but it is in essence the same.

Your FREE Newbie pack, created by Tui, expanded by Ella, and edited by Amber:
                            -1 get-away-from-Aurora Free ticket
                            -1 virtual muffin (banana chocolate chip or other on request)
                            -2 warnings
                            -Several pieces of helpful advice

First Warning: Do not, on ANY account, call the person whose username is <hushed whisper>marniebrown1</hushed whisper> marnie, Marnie, Marnie Brown, marniebrown, or any variation thereof. Call her Agent M, or M. Violations of this rule could result in grave injury. You've been warned.

Second Warning: don't mess with Aurora. don't fight with Aurora. Don't do anything that will lead people to call in Aurora. She's dangerous. Simple ways to avoid being hurt by Aurora: Don't diss anime/manga. don't call M*********** well... you know what I mean. Be polite about her friends- actually, this should go without saying: be polite and respectful of everyone. Other than that, though, you should be fine...she's much mellower now than she used to be.

Helpful advice:
                            Do not expect to retain your sanity if you visit at all regularly. It just doesn't happen.

Don't expect to stay on topic. As can be noted in any given post, even posts with the most on-topic intentions crumble into miscellaneous in-jokes and Chatter after a while.

Obviously most of these boards are dedicated to the books, as most of its members are, but Chatter II and The Topic of Great Randomness--a topic that Ella started but then got so big that it got its own forum--are for the random, non-Young Wizards chat stuff. We ask that it stays there. Also, it's a big thing around here, but DD herself pays for these posts, so please please please THINK before you write. No one-line posts, or, (God forbid!) one-WORD posts. But I'm sure that'll be no problem.

Note spelling. Many of us are spelling and grammar freaks; misspellings drive us nuts. We can deal with them, but PLEASE capitalise your "I"s? Please? We also prefer that people don't use netspeak, if you can avoid it.

Beware. Sometimes we talk in other languages. You WILL pick up at least two words of Japanese (bishounen, which means pretty boy, and kawaii, which means cute, are the most common offenders.) We also break into French and Spanish when we're bored.

You may hear something about the Evil Bunny Avatar. DON'T listen. The bunny is papercrane's avatar, and it's KAWAII! Very Kawaii! It's the KBA!

Most of us are Americans, but we've got quite a few nationalities around here, and obviously quite a few belief systems. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is the ultimate. And, of course, being insane and having fun--because all of us are friends.

Questions? Ask. If any of this sounds intimidating, which I hope it doesn't, it's not representative of the forums. We like new people, and not just in roasts.

The White Forest (http://www.avidgamers.com/whiteforest/) is a popular RPG around here; it's an especially good way to get to know other members fast. [/QUOTE]

Lists of Nicknames:
                            Tui=Birdhead
                            Agent M/M=marniebrown1
                            LIssa=Melissa
                            Z=Zgirl
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Ah yes. Beware Gryphon. I AM GRYPHON!!!

Gryphon: The lovable [insane] black cat. See my icon and signature. Note that Gryphon isn't an all black cat. She has white paws.

I got the nickname from my character (obviously named Gryphon) that I have in both Abroad and the White Forest.

Hey ppls, I'm making a rp community! It isn't up yet; I can't make one until April 14 because avidgamers doesn't let you have any free communities until that date. And it'll be AG2! Woohoo.

So far I have part of the welcome page done. Read:
                              The high king Nalroaln was slain at the claws of a wild tiger. With no heir or law to govern, Salcur was sent into total chaos. Old allainces and treaties were broken as power hungry kings and lords battle for rulership over salcur and its people.
                              The streets everywhere are alive with gossip. Was the high kings death planned? Could it be murder?
                              But that is the least of everyone's worries. The winter grows nearer. People are sighting creatures heard of only in legends and myths. Wyverns, drakes, gryphons... The cold is forcing beasts down from the North and into the South, into Salcur.
                              Past the kingdoms, the mountains, the vast and distant plains, even past the great ocean a new terror makes itself known. The evil king Kalidan is invading the land of Salcur with forces of twisted, evil men and creatures worse than those from the North.
                              In this war torn world, what role do you play? Shall you battle for a claim to the high throne? Are you a necromancer or a demon aiding Kalidan? Pick your part. Join the battle.

Please join when it's up! Note that you can be anything, not just a human or whatever. I'll list that species that you can be when I get the site up.

Comment

• Wow! Congrats Tui! Somehow I kinda skipped your post.... *confused* I dunno why though... But that sounds like soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!! Musicals are fun to be in
                                Lissa, this is something like Japanese... I don't think it's actually japanese but I can't be sure, it means AgentM I think....
                                Just to add on to Z's nicknames:
                                Skitty= Gryphon
                                Rysade= Dave (Though only Tui really calls him that...)
                                db_pr= Diego
                                EWizard11= Ella
                                And Aurora has lots of names that ppl call her, Aurie and kittysune are the only two I know of right now, but mostly ppl call her Aurora.
                                *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X