No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I really liked the Firebringer Trilogy. The only thing I didn't like was that it was about UNICORNS. But that fact that they were violent unicorns kinda made up for it.

What a coincidence! Our language arts class went to the school library. I had my list of book swap books with me, but they didn't have a single one. Ugg. I picked up Lireal by Garth Nix and Abhorsen, also by Garth Nix. Ugg. I've read Sabriel and a bit of Lireal, but I think Sabriel didn't end that great and Lireal stunk. (I quit halfway through Lireal) But ah well. So what if I check it out? Maybe I'll like them better the second time I read them. Maybe. Probably not, but still. So now I have 7 books for my Spring Vacation, which just happens to start the day after tomorrow. Today, according to my time zone, is Wednesday, and I have Friday off.

What else is there to talk about... Oh! I dug up an old picture, shrunk it, and inverted its colors. That'll be the logo for my role-play site. Then I sketched a few more for the character page, ect. One is a gryphon on a black back ground. I would've put that on Moonsong's character page because I have a griffin/gryphon character at her rpg. (I made the characters page (I love admin powers!)) But I won't because I mike have an Ascilon on mine.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I hate it when the library doesn't have the books you're looking for. My friend has been trying to get me to read Meredith Ann Peirce, and she's usually not a fantasy person (or a book person, for that matter). I was wondering what got her into it. It must've been the unicorns. More books to read for me!
      Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• Gryphon: Lucky Duck!!!!!!!! You got to go to the library with school???!!! Lucky duck...
        That reminds me, I'm not gonna be here next mon. through fri. I'm going on a class trip to a REALLY cool wilderness type place... It's got Rope walls, rock walls, hiking, climbing, Astronomy, and all that good stuff. But I have to get up at 5:30 on mon. morning, the bus is leaving at 6:00, UGH.
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• Hey you guys, I have good news and bad news.
          I tried out for an audition for a competition (you can basically do anything, like a talent show.)

Things I didn't know I was supposed to do:
          Dress up (who dresses up for an audition?)
          Not use piano book (nobody told me)
          Bow (I was nervous I forgot.)
          Exit out the back doors (nobody tells me anything until after I'm done!)
          GOOD NEWS:
          I got in for my singing because my voice was as the judge lady said "to die for."

Oh well at least the next time I see that lady again will be on April 27th. RRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
          Imagine my penguin having an evil look in his eye and that is me. (But I'm not a penguin.)
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Heh. Well, at least you made it!

Oooh, jealous! M, that sounds fun!!!

Aug, now we're doing the science fair! Don't wanna do it... Grrr. But we might be able to do it in groups. Eeeh, that's a good thing! I'm probably going to do 'Is the growth of plants affected by music?' And then have Linkin Park, Bach, and nothing. How's that sound? Lol. It's the easiest one possible! There was another I idea that was dug out of a science project book. Something about rubber bands and heat (ooo, fire!). Maybe, maybe.

But my other friend (WA members, this is the same one who stepped on a paintball on our carpet) said the judges are really unfair. He did blood splatters using sine, cosine, tangent and that kind of stuff. (I'll call Joe) This other person (I'll call Mike) programmed a graphing calculator. Then this girl (I'll call Sue) tested objects to see if they were magnetic. Oh, who do you think will win? Certainly not Sue! But...

First review, Joe only got a few points off. Dunno what Mike got. Sue had a lot of points marked off. Second time, (Joe pointed out that this one was a girl judge) Sue got near perfect and he had a lot of things marked off. SUE GOT FIRST. Joe and Mike didn't even get in top three. The other two were girls with even stupider projects!!! Now I'm not saying it's bad that girls got into the top three. I'm saying that the second judge was sexist and really swayed the places. And look! STUPID proejects. I mean, come on! Programming a graphing calculator is awesome! Blood splatters take a lot of work AND it's neat. Well, all I can say is GRRR.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• That's so cool! Go Z. ^_^ The best feild trip I was ever on was to Broadway earlier this year. I lived in New Jersey so it wasn't too far away. We went to see the play Fame and then to the Hard Rock Cafe.
              Bleh...I don't like science fairs. The plant project sounds cool, though.
              Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• Grr! I hate my com. I posted something really long and then my com got offline grrr.
                Z: YEA!!! That's so cool! I wish my voice was "to die for" And personally I'd be worried if you were a penguin.
                Gryphon: Science fair. Ugh. It's boring, hard, stressful, boring, time wasting, and did I mention boring? I'm not really helping but maybe your school is different... And if you get to do it in groups that's cool! If you do the "how does music affect plants" I could help you, that's what I did. It's hard, but it's actually kinda interesting. I did Classical and Rap and Nothing. And the "Joe, Mike and Sue" thing sucks. thtpth. Something like that happened at Regionals (Happy that I made it to Regionals! Even if I didn't go on... but my bf did, so proud of her! She didn't go further but not many did...)
                *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

• The best field trip ever will be when I get to go to ValleyFair with all of my friends in school. It will be @ the end of school.
                  My second best field trip so far though has been when I got to go to the Mall of America with my friends. (The biggest mall in the US is in MN thank you very much! )

Comment

• Why you like MOA so much I'll never know... For ppl who haven't been to it it's the same as any other mall only a bit bigger and with Camp Snoopy (which isn't a huge deal...) And MOA doesn't have Planet Hollywood there anymore, I liked Planet Hollywood....
                    Valleyfair?!?!? Lucky!!! I LUV Valleyfair!! Soo fun! Wild Thing!!!!! The only fun ones we do are Minnesota Zoo overnight, ELC, and Washington D.C. (D.C. and ELC are worth only having like 2 boring trips a year besides them. ) We've been on two this year, the history museum and the art museum. The history museum was for like a half hour and all we saw was some stupid Alphabet history and a hero exibit. And we go to the art museum every year so it's not very interesting anymore...
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

• Hey everyone!
                      I haven't been on in ages because of:
                      -ASB elections (lost)
                      -Human Relations Conference (excellent!)
                      -Friend issues (we're back together again)
                      -General Homework issues (my English teacher might be a vampire in disguise )
                      A physics geek
                      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• Hey FW!!! Vamire teacher? My bf thought our weirdo science teacher was a werewolf last year... He was always "sick" on a full moon day....
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• OoOoOo...

That is kinda creepy.

The Darkangle so far is prettym cool. It's about this girl named... (what was her name) ah! Aerial. And she was the made to this Eoduin. So at the beginning of the book they were on a mountain side trying to get this kind of nectar from some flower. Yeah. And this vampire comes (spelled vampyre) and kidnaps Eoduin. Supposedly vampires capture a girl once a year to be their wife. They drink their souls and blood. Aerial isn't happy about the vampyre because she liked Eoduin. She runs back to the village or whatever. Then she comes back to the mountain to try to kill the vampyre. Of course she doesn't. She just gets kidnapped also. Yeah, but she's not a wife. She's a maiden for the wives (who are souless wraiths). And blah blah blah. But it's not all about caring for wailing wraiths. She evntually makes the vampyre mad and runs away. Oh look! There's a prophecy involved in this book too! But I don't think it's how to kill the vampyre.

I'm on page 120! I like it so far.

Comment

• *whimpers* I haven't been on forever because I have no time...not even to lurk and such...
                            So, anyone willing to summarize the last five pages or so?
                            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Summarizing...

We have a new member posting here! Abby, I think her username is. I'm going to start to make a role play around April 14. Intro page:
                              Dawn of the Conqueror's Age
                              The high king Nalroaln was slain at the claws of a wild tiger. With no heir or law to govern, Salcur was sent into total chaos. Old allainces and treaties were broken as power hungry kings and lords battle for rulership over Salcur and its people.
                              The streets everywhere are alive with gossip. Was the high kings death planned? Could it be murder?
                              But that is the least of everyone's worries. The winter grows nearer. People are sighting creatures heard of only in legends and myths. Wyverns, drakes, gryphons... The cold is forcing beasts down from the North and into the South, into Salcur.
                              Past the kingdoms, the mountains, the vast and distant plains, even past the great ocean a new terror makes itself known. The evil king Kalidan is invading the land of Salcur with forces of twisted, evil men and creatures worse than those from the North.
                              In this war torn world, what role do you play? Shall you battle for a claim to the high throne? Are you a necromancer or a demon aiding Kalidan? Pick your part. Join the battle.

And the question is: would you join? And please join if you can! Your character can be absolutely anyone, mythical creatures and obnoxious kitty cats included. Just don't steal my kitty cat!

What else is going on... We brought up a scene from a Wizard's holiday and debated it for about four posts. Heh.

Comment

• I think I'll be a bigger, better, more obnoxious version of Zaria. She's fun to play!

Comment

Working...
                                X