No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm making funny faces at the monitor right now! Funny faces, I tell you!!

If you don't join now, I can do worse. Much worse! Like blow snot bubbles at the computer screen!!!

I'm warning you!!!

JOIN!!!!!!!

Hehe. That's a lot of synonyms... though you repeated some two or three times. :P
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Gryphon:jk
      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Hey Gryphon, I'm NOT gonna join. No matter WHAT!

Comment

• Gryphon: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be that rude.

Comment

• BeleiverInWizardry, please don't post so many multiple posts when you can edit your first one. Also don't do short or oneliner posts. All of these cost Diane Duane extra money for bandwidth. Same for oversized or animated avatars. (Ahem, Z! )

Why won't you join? Because now I'm not happy anymore.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I've given up sugar for more than one year.
              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• A year??? Loco person.... lol. I could never do that. Ever. Impossible. Gryphon already gave up and it's only been a few hours. lol.
                Cool pic Gryphon!! Awesomness!
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

• A whle year without sugar? are you crazy?

Gryphon: Ok, I won't. I don't want to join, that's why.

Comment

• Okay I'll change my avatar. (But I love it sooo, I don't want to change it.) Lee hasn't done anything about it yet though.
                    If he sent me an email about it then I'll change it but for now...my lovely penguin.
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• "You can learn a lot about a language from how many words it has for a particular concept. Take, for an example, the Eskimos--they have some thirty-something words for the concept of 'snow'.

"Now look at the English language, and count how many different terms we have for the concepts of 'barf' and 'excrement.'

"...amazing, isn't it?"

--my Latin teacher from a summer course I took in fifth-sixth grade (or as best as I remember, anyway)

Oh, and since Gryph is sharing art here, I thought I might share something funny.... has anyone ever heard of Vanilla by Gackt?

...yeah. This is what happens when you draw while listening to that.

(Don't worry, it's actually more or less innocent, and they're actually siblings, so it doesn't have to be taken in a Vanilla-esque way... but... I just thought it was funny it turned out like that XD)

Comment

• Actually, the word that has the most meanings in Enlgish is "set". Off the top of my head (i.e. without trying) I can get think up a dozen plus usages as nouns, 30+ as a verb and 6 as a adjective. (These as without combining with other words - eg "set apart"). I'm sure someone has a copy of teh [u]Guinness Book of Records[/i] (or Guinness World Records in the USA), which'd give more exact figures.

The reason for this multiplicity of uses is that word set comes from two different origins. The Germanic "set" has given us all the meanings to do with being extablished, fixed or solid, whilst the Latin "set" has given us all the meanings to with collections.
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• If you're going to discuss synonyms for being ill, how about phrases?
                          Yelling at the road--
                          Driving the porcelain bus--
                          Praying to the porcelain god--
                          Calling Ralph and Earl on the big white phone--
                          are a few that I remember.

I took my GREs yesterday. I haven't heard about my essay scores, but since it was computerized, I got my math and English scores immediately afterwards. I kicked its little patoot!

Kneel before Zod!! *much evil laughter*
                          "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                          "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Haha... I'm laughing at Semiaris's post. Things like that make people wonder. :P That looks nice, Semiaris!

Tell me WHY you don't want to join!!! Did you even bother to read the front page?

Comment

• I'm jazzed! Neil Gaiman called me his pen-pusher!!
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Okay kli6 I need a translation what does jazzed and penpusher mean? Nobody says that in the midwest.
                                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X