The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, gosh.

Hope everything is okay. Take care, you.
    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Any Americans watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on ABC?
      So good!!!

Why can't they make High Wizardry into a movie?
      A physics geek
      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• You want to know a semi-interesting fact about your username, Chani? I know a girl in my class who has that name, er, for real. She actually has a fantastic long name, including last names, because her parents are both Dutch and they put both names together to get a new last name for their kids- and her first name is Chani, after the character in Dune.

It's probably obscure to find that a really good way to name your kids.

Agent M! *hugs muchly* good luck, miss you...

*chokes and dies laughing* "Ford! you're turning into a penguin!"
        Man has always assumed he was more intelligent than the dolphins because he had achieved so much- the wheel, New York, wars and so on- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far mroe intelligent than men- for precisely the same reason.
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I'll remember that when I go to name my first daughter Chani. <laughing> Actually, I have been using this name for about 14 years now. Never met/heard of anyone with it until now. And you are right... semi-interesting. Thanks.

Someone was asking if anyone was watching Harry Potter? Me. Well, mostly the Finale for Survivor and HP during commercials. <shaking head> I know what you are all thinking.... 'This can't be good.' I say 'To each their own.' Have a pleasant tomorrow and don't be too bored without me.
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.

Comment

• Okay, I ahve only a few more moments to school, and I'd better hurry up. You guys did an entire board without me!!

First off, I don't like your penguib, M. It looks like it's high. God, one eyes is even bigger than the other!

Hehe. I was laughing at your poem, BIW. Hehehe.

Welcome to our group, Chani! Hehe. We're a very *ahem* entertaining group. Hyper, yes. Crazy, yes. Weird, yes. Insane... definitly!!!

M.... I'm gonna miss you!

Chani! You could make your own avatar even! Like (hehe) mine! Mine says me all over it! If people call someone a cat, they're talking about me, but NO, I am not a cat!!!

Also, because you haven't joined my roleplay yet, you will. Click this link:

http://vgdawn.avidgamers.com

Read the intro thingy on the front page and JOIN!!!! All the members 'cept for a few are from here. It's fun and we don't always follow the plot line. Most of the characters are clustered at the Crystal City. And Gryphon won't let them go to sleep. LRD (little red demon), Bosco, and Gryphon are in a tunnel whining about 'buggles' and food. It's great fun!

And if you haven't noticed, mny character is Gryphon the incredibly hyper black and white puffball, my icon.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• LOL so true M! Your penguin has a stash!

...were're you going, M?
              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• She's be gone by now, I assume. And I don't think she's actually going anywhere. Her dad won't let her on the computer because some of her evil teachers gave her bad grades. Poor M. *huggles*

Well, if one was math, I'd help if she needs it. M does need someone to help her with Spanish because her own teacher doesn't know Spanish!

Diego, post more as Narxce!!! Chani you will join! BiW, you will join later, if not now. You will join!
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• ...and for all you fans of Bloom County, the sorely-missed, here's a pix of Bill the Cat and Opus. Note they are preparing to run for the presidency once again. Could they really do a worse job than the joker we presently have in office?
                  [img]home.comcast.net~oriecat23/characters.htm[/img]

Hmph. Seems the image didn't come out, nor did the link. Grumble.
                  "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                  "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Did you misspell it? You need to have the 'http://' at the front, I know that. And if it's a picture (which I know it is), you need to .JPG or .whatever at the end.

Ha! I only just noticed your location, Diego...

Somewhere I Belong is a song by Linkin Park.

"I wanna find something I've wanted all along
                    Somewhere I belong..."

Comment

• Ahh... Gryphon... and you are so sure we will join.

Okay... on to something else. I spent quite a while today looking for a poem I read in my college english lit. class. I found it, finally.

Keeping Things Whole

In a field
                      I am the absence
                      of field.
                      This is
                      always the case.
                      Wherever I am
                      I am what is missing.

When I walk
                      I part the air
                      and always
                      the air moves in
                      to fill the spaces
                      where my body's been.

We all have reasons
                      for moving.
                      I move
                      to keep things whole.

Okay.. not the most philisophical, but makes ya think, nonetheless.

Comment

• meteorite: you were missing a slash, and you were going to the html page, not the graphic. You wanted: http://home.comcast.net/~oriecat23/onrock.gif for the path. Somewhere, I have an "I Voted for Bill & Opus" t-shirt...
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Everybody has penguin avatars! For the record I'd like to say that I was first! It seems like when M does something it turns into a fad around here... *eyes suspisiously*
                          M tell me what you need help in and I can help you in
                          Spansh because I have a tutour from Mexico who's really good.
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Yeah... Fantasia... good choice

Latoya London is very good too and you can't count Diana Degarmo out yet. Going to be a good next couple of weeks.

I'm just bummed that Survivor is over.

Comment

• I really hope Fantasia wins. She has a lot more attitude than Latoya. Plus, if Latoya wins she will only probably sing slow songs.
                              Survivor was funny last night! "Don't be stupid stupid!"
                              I think Lex is cool but my friend says he's creepy. Alicia was funny too.
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• LOL!!!

It was great. Probably the best Survivor they have ever had. I laughed so much watching it. I feel bad for everyone else at my house. There was too many good things at the same time on last night. I recorded Harry Potter and watched Survivor (flipped, of course during commercials) and mostly missed a terrible game that my Diamondbacks played... we lost 7-1. Horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X