No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like being right. I'm soooo happy! I got a 93% on my pre-algebra final!!!!! Lots of people got C's and D's! I strongly dislike math. I have to actually study hard to do good in it. My friends were kinda mad at me, cause I did better on the final, but o well. <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">lalalala</span> *excuse me while I'm in my own little world*
    <3
    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• lol! math is one of my favorite subjects. Its not that i like it, its cause its so easy. Everyone thinks that they're special because ther'er in the Pre-Algebra class. algebra is stupidly easy.
      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• You guys for 7th grade I'll be in 9th grade math!!!!!!!!! Is it really that hard? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I hate math too.
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• BiW, you just stabbed me with a blunt knife. And you sound so smug about math, eh? Cuz it's so easy? Oooh, you did not just say that. I wonder how that's gonna go over with some people. Like Z, I'm two years above my grade level. I understand math pretty well. But I'll tell you this. Some members here struggle because they don't like math or don't have a great teacher or whatever.

It sounds to me like you're either bragging or you're shoving some people's faces in the dirt. Butthead. And right after Angel_Star's post, that was really innapropriate. You're a really big butthead.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• MY LAPTOP'S BACK!!!
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I can say it because I believe it. That simple.

Eragon wasn't awful, but it wasn't spectacular. *shrug* But a good book would be Memoirs of a Geisha... that was a good book. Shogun was good too.

Comment

• It's not that I find math really hard, I just have to work at it more. I get straight A's. Literature is also hard, but it's not the reading part, it's that you have to twist the book into things the author probably never intended. I read for fun, not so I can analyze every sentence! I love all my other classes though, especially band and world history.
                <3
                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• hooray for diego and his returned laptop!

I tried to read Eragon, honest. I just couldn't get into it. Does that make me a bad person?

Maybe I just need softcover books instead.
                  http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• Aurora: *sob I am so alone in this universe.

Gryphon: You lied! I stabbed you with a blunt TOOTHPICK, a million times over! MUAHAHAHAHA!

YES DREA! YOU ARE A BAD PERSON.(don't take it too seriously, it's only me.)
                    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• I guess I could read it, since I spent the 20 bucks on it. I'll add it to my to do list.
                      http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• Z: Wow... Henry Tung all over again....

*Henry Tung is this really, really smart guy who's a freshman and in AP Calculus. A class that's usually taken by SENIORS. He makes all of us paltry one-year-accelerateds feel really, really tiny, although not on purpose.*

...do you mean Geometry? Geometry's okay. It's easier than Algebra I, metinks. I liked it, despite its being uber-proof-infested. It was less annoying and boggy than Algebra I or II (although that may be because of teachers...).

BIW: mahh, I didn't mean to insult you. The book just... didn't agree with me. I suppose it's the result of constantly being asked by my fanficcing friends to help them pick out and squish all of their marysuisms, but Eragon just seems a bit overly garystued to me. (garystu = less commonly used, masc. form of marysue). I mean, if it were web-published, I'd be fine with it... but... I dunno. It just seems a bit rough around the edges for bound publication.

Comment

• Bah, I don't really like world history... it's only cos of my teacher though. Otherwise I think I'd find history a pretty interesting subject. He teaches us stuff, and then only a tiny bit of that information is on the test, the rest of the stuff we've never learned, or we had to learn by reading it off the study sheet he gave us the class before. He's a cool dude (he attempted to write a rap on my test. hah), but his teaching skills I think have gone down the drain after all these years kinda. *shrugs* ah well.

Blah, math... 'sok, but I hate graphs, decimals, and fractions. The only problems I like are ones that take me less than a minute to do and that aren't that difficult (I mean stuff besides 2+2=4 and such ). If it's a problem that takes like 5 to 10 minutes I get incredibly bored, lose interest, and want to rip my paper into pieces.
                          ------------------------------
                          Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                          -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• When I took algebra I, I didn't like to too much, but only because sometimes it got annoying. Systems and some factoring/quadratics problems were fun. Oooh, I loved when we had these huge fractions with all kinds of variable and when you factored and canceled and reduced, it turned out to be some really nice number like 2. Those were awesome! I only vaguely remember how to use quadratics to turn it into a parabola. Lesse... I think you insert a number for x and see what happens with y. Then insert another number and so on... Something like that. Geometry! Ahhhh!!!!!!!! I hate proofs. I LOATHE proofs. Rah rah rah. I especially think the reflexive property is stupid. I understand it, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Y'know what's reall funny... I got Eragon for my birthday. Hah. And I already had it. So now I have two hard cover copies of Eragon. What fun. Right after I finished Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, I picked up Eragon and started to read the first few pages. I didn't sink into it right away, so I didn't bother continueing it. And then I noticed it said Book One in the front. BOOK ONE?!? Well, after MST, I am NOT going to start a longish book with not all of the books out yet. Longish at the time qualified for anything 200 pages and up (but only because I had just finsihed MST).

Angel_Star:
                            Literature is also hard, but it's not the reading part, it's that you have to twist the book into things the author probably never intended.
                            I know what you mean there. I really hate it that sometimes we have to do that in language arts class. The book's text is open to be interprepted any way. That doesn't mean that the teacher's version is what the author really meant.
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Ahhh... the days of English Lit and Algebra, Geometry, and Trig. Has anyone done graphing on a calculator? That was fun. I felt jipped a little after learning how easy it was to do on the calculator. <So many hours wasted learning how to do it by hand before being allowed to use the calc.>

Gryphon. My favorite thing too! I call it cleaning up the equasion. They call it factoring out or something, I don't remember exactly.

I symphathize greatly about English essays. Argh! The only good thing that comes out of them is the ability to disect and find the point of written language with less difficulty. Sometimes you need to read between the lines a little. It does help your compasity for understanding to grow... not much help, am I? I guess you could go back to the old stand by.... I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!

I was thinking... Math was only ever fun for me when I actually got it. I mean, when I really understood what I was doing. Of course, it is never enjoyable if you have to struggle through it.
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• hee... I call that "moment of discovery syndrom" ("MODS"). Which is why I hate AlgebraII/Trig; it's just loads and loads of memorizing theorems instead of actually focusing on the theory... bleeeargh. So you don't get those cool little epiphanies XD

Comment

Working...
                                X