No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I ended Starletta was short, but I wanted to get rid of her. Think I'm gonna change my name now... And maybe bring Safinia over... tee hee.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• re: Fairies: I like the traditional fairies, that steal babies and make milk go sour and stuff like that. And the Sidhe. The Sidhe are nifty. Especially the Amadaun/Moros.

...actually, funny thing about western fairies... has anyone ever noticed how strikingly similar some of their aspects are to the oriental Court of the (Green/Blue) Dragon King? Right down to the three-hundred/thousand/otherwise-insanely-large-amount-of-time passing in the real world for every hour/day/whatever you spend there if you eat their food/drink their wine/whatever...

Comment

• Uh. Gryphon? I went to the site and i got REALLY confuzed. Help me.

THE SUPERNATURALIST WAS AN EXCELENT BOOK! DON"T YOU DARE INSULT IT!(yes, i'm talking to you. you evil book hating, Feindish, EVil, SCHEMING.... AHHHHHHHH!!!*goes into horrendous fit of rage

*talks to self. tranquility is good. *sniffs a pretty flower. it smells bad. it smells like...like...LIKE MY BROTHERS SOCKS!!! AHHHHHH

*bangs head on wall. *bang *bang

I'm ok now. I think.

I am soooo angry at that imaginary smelly flower!

Dai
        Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• nnnnnooooo.... but you confuse me... can't tell when you're serious an' when you're not... XD....

...um. You know, you can edit your post within the hour (i think hour, anyway) if you wanna post more, you know... uh... like, save DD money and stuff... >.<

Comment

• Oh. Yea. Sorry about that.

Well you know.It's very hard to tell whether i'm serious or not.

Comment

• yah. That can be a dangerous thing. There's this one guy in my school freshman band, he's got this thing about pretending to be gay... and he likes to say random things in class.

This one time, we were discussing the band trip, and our teacher/conductor tells us that there's four students to a room, but only two beds, so we may want to bring sleeping bags, so Daniel says, in his exaggerated Korean accent that comes and goes depending on how much attention he's giving it, "are you kidding? Four guys to two beds and you want us to sleep on the floor???? Whoooo!" (And he really enunciated those italics...)

And she gives him this funny, slightly disturbed look, and says "You know, I never know how to respond to your little comments like that, since I can never quite tell if you're serious or not..."

(He's always doing stuff like that. He even hits on the fifty or sixty-something-year-old, male, balding, tubby head of the music department...)

Comment

• Heh. I know a girl who you can't tell if she's being serious or not. It gets really weird. I can never tell if she's really mad, faking it, or what. She's ncie and everything, but...

Ugg... dunno what book I want to bring to school tomorrow. I have quite a few tests in the morning, and there's bound to be tons of time left over, which means I'll be really bored. Ahhh! I wanna bring Crusader to school, but my friend borrowed it and hasn;t given it back yet.

I started to try to read the first book in the Mallorean series again. Not working. Not working at all. After finishing the last book of Meredith Anne Peirce's series, I thought I was free from overly-daft main characters, but noooo. Rah rah rah. I'm really dissapointed in this book. David Eddings diod really well with the Belgariad. Not this book. It's really messerd up and it's not going anywhere. rah rah rah.

Sidhe sidhe sidhe... Did I just blank out? Sounds so familiar. Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams...? Your classic, calm, elefish creatures. I loved wazzitcalled by wazzitname!!! Oh, god, Gryphon... I'm so tired I can't think of names. Tithe: A Modern Fairytale by I think Holly Black. I loved that!
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Tithe was awesome, those faeries were cool. Faerie Wars was cool too...
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

• mm, I know they're not. Thing is, when your story starts "There are fairies at the bottom of my garden," there're only so many ways you can go. I hope I'm avoiding the traps.

Okay, I just put an excerpt up for y'all at my blog, so you can see it there... it may not be all that easy to read, though, as my layout is not particularly wonderful. You might want to copy and paste into Word.

*grins* Well, most of my journal entries are either mundane or irate. Irate occasionally gives me a really good piece of writing (like a letter I wrote), but generally it's more inducive of incoherency. Thanks, though- next time I think I'll do the abuse of language and labelling in today's teenagers.
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I love you Tui.
                      http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• Well, Tui... I think that you may have something there. It is fairly good... and please post some more. (speaking of your blog)

To BIW and Angel Star and Gryphon....:

Hmm... new book eh? I'll have to try it. I really loved Artemis... I hope that Supernaturalist is as well-written.

On a more personal note. Having cable internet access (which is always on no matter what you do) is a big pain in the ... well... it is a big pain. Recently, (3-4 days ago) everytime I did anything something would pop up (like adds, info, etc.) and it was beginning to be really irritating. So, my man, being the computer savy one, thought it brilliant to add a few programs (Like: AdAware, Spyblocker and popup blockers). So, like my life needed to get any worse. Well, it has. I thought that we were having problems before, well, now we really have problems. Seems that they get rid of important stuff.. things that I can't live without... well, not that I really want to pay the bills, but airconditioning and water are fairly essential in the desert... and well, I still would like to live in my house and have a car to drive... fairly important features in a person's life.... Anyways, things are going wrong, very wrong. I haven't been on much because of all of this and it is rather annoying.

Okay, I have ranted (well, not as much as I would like to, but this will have to do) enough, I guess. I would like all of you to have a great day.... at least someone should.
                        -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                        The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                        I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Ahh, Chani! Not good at all. I hear all these things about people going through so much trouble to get really good popup blockers and other things. Well, I haven't seen a single popup since I got my popup blocker and it was FREE!!! Not only that, but it comes with the toolbar, smileys, signatures, ect... I even have it set so that there's an icon link on the toolbar. I just click the icon and I'm here! It's awesome... Heh. As for everything else, we have really good virus protection from Nortan Antivirus. They don't cause any trouble. Well, for some reason it won't let me play games on Neopets. ((For all I hate neopets, I still love the games!)) But that doesn't bother me. :P

Hmm... anyone want to know anout my popup blocker? I think you might be able to get it by going to myway.com. Possibly.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Gryphon: you didn't help me. I got confuzed while trying to join your role play. Help me.

I loved the supernaturalist!!!!!!!!!!! It was soooooooo good. I thought the end was EXTREMELY sad though.

Comment

• Thanks Gryphon. I think that we have... well, I can't exactly say, I am not the computer genius around here. I think that we have both a free version of the popup blocker and one that is purchased. I think that... never mind... I don't think anything right now. I am just glad that I can get on the internet at the moment, even though the rest of it is ... well, going places I don't like.

You are very sweet though, and if things don't settle down, I will get the info from you.
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• BiW, go to my community. Click 'apply for membership.' It's on the righthand side of the screen. You fill out an application for your character. It doesn't have to be much. A brief discription maybe. Some people make really cool characters and expand a lot on their applications. Some don't. I accept them all. Now we have 20 members total!

Comment

Working...
                                X