No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain is my favorite type of weather.. it was misting lightly today when we were playing handball (ugh, the most pointless sport ever) outside during P.E. I want it to be pouring one day when we do it, cos that would be so much fun, haha sliding around and falling in mud, except that would suck cos I'd have to sit through the rest of the day like that, but still.

dum di dum

Ewww, dissecting. blah. we dissected an owl pellet in 5th grade. In 6th grade we dissected a squid. Mine had tons of eggs in it!! That wasn't really cool... then they made calamari (sp??) with it afterward. I didn't have any though, I dont' care much for seafood. We never dissected frogs cos my science teacher loved frogs. I would have to next year, but since I'm taking a slightly different course, I get to dissect a pig fetus. Oh.. joy. *sarcasm* I don't particularly like dissecting, I like animals, and it kinda bugs me having to slice open dead ones...
    ------------------------------
    Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
    -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• I like rain, but I also like dry. mostly I like wind.
      Actually, I think I've talked about weather before so I won't bore you further.

Thanks, Chani.

And to Artemis Fowl: I think the series could have ended there- but uncomfortably. of course, that would have been a good place to end it, for the reaons Ella mentioned- but I'm glad it's not the end.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Well, lemme say this. Cold weather is only good if it snows a lot. Wet weather is only good if it rains a lot. I like sunny weather!

Diego!!! Rah rah rah! Post!
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• sunny weather. HA HA! Thats sooooo funny 4 some reason!

Gryphon: I was so stupid not to join you roleplay earlier! It's so fun!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! YOUR MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!
            Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• I told you it was awesome!!! What was your username? I had a lot of members join at once. It's so much fun! I think I want to get rid of Ascilon. He's so hard to post with. I'm going to make a cleric, human character or something like that.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Fox.... The rainman "suffered" from Autism. Actually, I doubt that he suffered persay. Having much experience in this, I am sure that the people around him who wanted him to be normal suffered far more than he ever would.

I am sure that I posted somewhere... probably in the topic for AWA that I have a son with Autism. He is the happiest person I have ever met.... and not that fake kind of happiness. He has the most infectous giggle. I don't think that he suffers with Autism. He hasn't really ever know much else. I think he gets frustrated because he doesn't know how to communicate all his wishes. But, he is fairly intelligent enough to find ways to get what he wants. He can work the electronics fairly well, and if he is hungry, he finds himself food. He goes and lays down when he is tired. I wouldn't call that suffering.

I think that I am the one who suffers. I have to clean up after his messes (and they can be pretty bad because he has no concept of mess or that people generally like to live in a clean environment). He still isn't potty-trained (very common problem for other kids like him), so that creates lots of problems. He has no concept of his own physical safety and has a hard time recognizing anything that might be dangereous to him.

Anyways, I could do a dissertation on my son and his peculiarities, but who cares that much? Well, me, but I have a lot invested in him.

Anyways... My son loves the rain too, but he does not love it for the 'normal' reasons. Most people love the smell of fresh rain and the calming sound it makes as it falls. They are grateful for the water it brings to plants and consequently to us. My son loves the rain because it comes down.... lots of raindrops falling (I am sure the scientist in him is at work). He loves to watch anything come down (he throws tiny torn-up pieces of paper, balls, toys, books, kleenexes, clean clothes (you get the general idea) up so that he can watch them fall down... over and over and over and over ane over. He also loves to be wet.... water soothes him. He would play in the bathtub all day if we let him. He pours water (or juice or milk or whatever is liquid) between cups and watches it fall too.

Anyways... hope that you get my point. A child or adult with Autism doesn't really 'suffer' with it. It is who they are. They don't understand the concept of suffering. We understand and therefore feel sorry for them for what we think they should feel if they were us looking at themselves. They aren't us and it will always be beyond their comfort zone to be us (the 'normal' ones). Their understanding of life is such that they are really, truely happy in their own little world. It is only when we try to make them be in our world that they loose that happiness.

Oh gosh.. somebody save me... I have gone all philosophical!! AAAAHHHGGGGG!
                -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• I know a lot about cold weather, I live in MN for crying out loud! We have a winter that lasts 6 months! Whoever here hasn't seen snow come up to MN in the winter.
                  I swear Minnesota has the most beautiful summers in the whole country because it's nice 80's and 70's and we have lots of lakes to swim in!
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I can never pronounce philosophical. It's really odd. I've got a dance recital tomorrow! I'm soo happy! Yay! I LOVE to dance! The only thing bad about it is that the people there act like we're babies. "You can't talk here" and all that stuff we've know 4ever. I've been doing recitals for like 7 yrs, and so have most of the people in my class. We had dress rehersal today, and the teachers were stressed out. My friend was stressed too, 'cause she didn't get home till late last night from a school thing and was late getting to the rehersal. She didn't have that good a time on the trip either. I hope everything goes well tomorrow!
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Gryphon: I'm Saphira. DON"T GET RID OF ASCILON!!!!! DON'T!!! It's hard for me to post too because I'm a dragon. Could you post in the Ocean forum? I added something to Ethgorul.
                      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Z, it's more like 5.... November, December, January, Febuary, March.... Sometimes April or October but it's only cold and sometimes there's snow, but it's the kind of snow that melts as soon as it touches the ground. But in most states winter kinda ends in mid March doesn't it? And starts in December? That's weird...
                        AngelStar, Dancing is sooooo much fun! I don't do recitals or lessons or whatever but our school has lots of dances, there was one last night.... I had too much pop. I'm never gonna do that again (this means I probly will ) Did you know that you can actually get a hangover from caffiene? Cuz you can.....
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

• Going back a topic, the only time I have ever disected anything was when I was about 9 or 10 and we did a project on owls in school and we did owl pellets. A couple of years ago my class studyed a lamb's lungs in biolgy though, but we only had one and the teacher disected it.
                          Yay, only one more exam!!!!!!

Comment

• What do you want me to post, Gryphon?
                            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• ANYTHING!!! Create a new character if you want, but post. There are a lot of new members and topics. Maybe you could post at Ethgorul in the Ocean.

Comment

• I went to the Renaissance Faire today, and had a blast. I bought: A Pink Glass Pen (with glass tip for use with wet ink); Brown Wet Ink; A little homemade paper, leather notebook; Honey-Oatmeal bath salts, but with the oil and the salts separate for mixing at my own discretion, and it smells so good I could eat (this is also a reaction to my earlier posting of being unable to sleep). Oh! And two little tiny knives with holsters, but they're so small that they could be letter openers. At the booth with the swords, I felt special, because they said that only people over 18 could pick up the swords, and as I'm now over 18, I can pick them up and look at them in detail. Which rules. My friend bought a samurai sword. And we ate soooooo good.
                                http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X