No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to study vegan_chick? Do you want to be an artist? I really don't know what high school or college I want to go to. I'm just starting Middle School so I don't really think about it so much. Unlike some of my friends who know exactly what they want to do. I just want to do something related to music. I've taken piano since I was five and singing is really working out for me. I've been in one contest and won 3rd place so that was a really cool experience. The best job I could hope for is a muscician!
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Grrrr... I can't get on vgdawn. I keep getting the 'website not responding' message. I hate that. I'm not sure about what I want to be. I wish I could be an author, but my stories aren't that good. I was thinking about being a veterinarian, but I'm kind of squeamish... I have no artistic ability whatsoever. I love to sing, but I know I'm not that good at it. I dance, but to get a career in that you have to be REALLY good. So I don't know what I'll be, yet...
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I want to go to SOTA (school of the Arts) to study performing arts. I want to be an actress, or (like you) a musician. I play the guitar, and my mom enrolled me in voice training, I suppose I can sing well, and in the meanwhile, I want to be a poet and write books while I act.

Our middle school starts in 6th grade, so I am in Middle school already! yay!! I am about the youngest in my grade (summer birthday).
        ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• Well if you become a famous actress you can be a musician too. Or vice versa. That'd be cool! I'm not very good at acting so I'm not a very good actress. (accept when I have to act like a snotty person cause I can do that very well.)
          A poet could be a cool job too! I'll buy your books!

Comment

• Wicked! (I like that word because Rupert uses it!)

Yeah, it is fun playing the mean person! I was cast as snow white in my drama club play, I would rather have been the queen!
            ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• I dunno, I've never gone to a public school. I go to a Catholic one, so it's private (though probably half the people aren't Catholic anyways ). I'm going into 10th grade. my school's pretty nice, but there are some mean people. I dunno, supposedly the public schools in my area aren't the best, and there's fights all the time and stuff, but I wouldn't really know since I haven't been to one, sounds interesting though.

I have NO idea what I want to do in life. From a young age I wanted to be a veterinarian, but I'm squeamish too. I'm thinking about acting, but I don't know how far I could take it professionally. I really like computers and stuff though, and sports too... maybe something designing web sites or graphics would be cool. Or a job with animals, I love animals... see, I'm indecisive. I have no idea what I'll do when I'm forced to choose!! *hides from growing up*
              ------------------------------
              Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
              -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• I'm in a really grumpy mood. Look at all of this! Just look at it!! You people are doing way too many posts per day. If I see any doubles/no edits/one liners, I will scream and scream at you until you rue the minute you posted that post.

M:
                *gapes* 9th grade math?!?! I'm gonna be in 8th and your ahead of me in math... your a year younger! *sniffle* I hate math....
                I thought you were ahead of your grade, too, M. Oh, wait. Your math class is integrated, right? I remember! I think... I'm two years ahead of mine also. Silly Z, it'll be okay. If you have any trouble, message me! I love alebra 1!!!

Aug, Angel_Star. For eigthe grade you have Pre-Alg, Alg, but no Geometry? That's stupid. One of my friends moved to a school like that and she had to take algebra two years in a row. Rah!!

Christian schools, I have to say, are stupid. If you're a Christian kid, you oughta go to a public school and learn Christian your way, not the school's way. You also don't get introduced to the real world, the world where people beleive in stuff other than Christianity or nothing at all. Unless your Christian school doesn't have a lot of Christian students.

Yes, Z, be a muscician(sp?)! You can!!! And do as much stuff as you can now for your future.

I have no idea what's going on with Avidgamers2 and VGDawn right now. For me, it's being really slow. A lot of the times the pages aren't loading. It's getting on my nerves.

Angel_star, I think you need a bit of a push somewhere. I didn't know what I wanted to be in 7th grade and I still kinda don't know now. A lot of the people I talk to around school about stuff like this, they have no idea what they want to be. Except for this one brat who wants to be a music teacher. I want to be an author, but I'm not all that confident in my work. Same for art. I could never handle pets like vets do, though I love animals. I guess I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are. Except I don't dance and I don't like to sing, and I've had a bit of a push towards computers. Which I have no idea what I'll do there. Sometimes I flip to the back of books and read about the author. Meredith Peirce is a librarian. She writes in her free time, kinda like how VC would be. Poems would be cool, except my poems always turn out dark or false, like I'm lying to myself.

Public schools... The deal with fights is this: snotty person A has a problem with snotty person B. With girls, they normally talk and insult each other, then go to shoving, scratching, punching, ect. Boys don't even think. Hey, you hit me, I'll hit you back harder. At my school they're pretty infrequent, and if you don't want to have anything to do with a fight, you have nothing to worry about. They're not random.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I've been reading back in the Topic of Great Randomness and I feel sad. Out topics are so stupid now. We talk about stupid things! Remember when we used to talk about racism and violence and depression?! That was a good conversation and I learned something new everyday. Now I'm just typing nonsense on a bad keyboard that prints doubles in chat. (I think I caught some of Gryphon's bad mood.) Anyways I hate boys. I don't know why I just said that but hey there aren't many boys on this forum anyways.

Comment

• You are right Z....

It's scary when one of your friends goes into depression. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it has happened to my friend Julie. Her mom went into deppression, and it made Julie sad. when she found out her mom had deppression, she went to her mom, and her mom said that she wasn't her mother. They had to take her to the hospital.

Has anyone here read Stop Pretending by Sonya Sones. It is a book of poetry about her sister beecoming mentally ill, and they had to take her to the phsyciatric (sp?) ward. It is so sad! you should read it if you haven't already! (ha, Poor Gryphon, another thing to add to your to-read list!).

Comment

• *is thoughtful* I agree that going to a Christian school because you're Christian is daft, and will probably not be the best thing for you. But here in New Zealand, our private religious schools are both smaller than and have a better reputation than public, non-religious schools. Whether rightly or wrongly, parents think that their children will get a more rounded education- ie one with something of a moral component in it- along with more personal attention in class, so they send their kids places like my school, which is Presbytarian. And I think my school's a fairly good school; I'm atheist, and while I do have to bite down some snarky sentiments from time to time, I never feel threatened and I'm certainly not the only one. We also have quite a few Jewish girls here. What we lack, of course, is Muslim girls, who do tend to have problems with Christian schools, and fair enough.

Let me say that I'm not trying to suggest that people and teachers at public schools are im- or a-moral. But I guess I do think that public schools, by virtue of size, lack a certain personal touch. They're still really good schools, on't get me wrong, and I think you get a more accurate assessment of the real world in them. I just understand why parents would send their kids to christian schools, and I wanted to mention that. *shrugs*
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• *is thoughtful* I agree that going to a Christian school because you're Christian is daft
                        What is daft?
                        Yeah I think I had a bad experience with private schools. Probably mostly because there was a lot of racism there and i was the only black person in the whole K-8 school. (Except for my little brother.)
                        The whole school was filled with a bunch of snotty pale kids who are so bratty to the extent where you just wanted to beat them all up. Seriously they were all so mean! I love public school now. Of course we don't get as good education, but at least everything we learn we all can have a fun time learning it without worrying if our hair is absolutely perfect.

Comment

• eh. I go to a catholic school but it doesn't exactly mean the people there are religious...
                          And uh... Gryphon, if you mean by integrated, mixing grades, no. Mixing classes like in highschool, yes. And I'm in the slow peoples group.... I hate math sooooooooo much. The right side of my brain is dark and gloomy, the left side is using up too much light and energy for stories and poetry
                          Ninth grade math is pretty easy, don't sweat it. I had the chance to skip two grades
                          See???? Everyone is so much smarter then me here. It makes me feel kinda sad.... I mean most of you guys are way ahead of your grades in at least one subject or have been offered to skip grades.... And then there's little old me, barely managing to pass 7th grade.... Well maybe not as bad as that, my LA, Social Studies, Spanish, and Religion grades were pretty good and Science was ok.... EVIL MATH!!!!!!! It's pulling me down..... A lot

And Z, don't worry about the whole "stupid conversation" thing, we have weird convos and then we merge into the more in depth ones, then come out again...
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

• Z:
                            What is daft?
                            Funny you should ask. Daft means stupid. Hehe. Don't hurt me!

Eesh, Z. *huggles* Rascism is a nasty thing. When I went to Florida, there were only a few black people. They were no different than the rest of the school. But then when I moved, the new school had a lot of black students and a lot of white. It was difficult for me, tackling all of this. A lot of the black people who went to this school lived in the poor, violent parts of the state/city, which was really terrible. I see people judging all of blacks for those people. Rah rah rah! That's no different than stereotyping. Rascism is awful.
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Racism is really bad.... *sniff* There aren't very many black people in our school... but it makes no difference really, not even the evil 8th graders (going away now! YAY!!!) are mean to anyone except people who they think are "weird" like me.. *grumble* the only reason the 8th graders aren't mean to me is cuz my stepsister is their queens friend. *roll eyes* I have a friend who's black, she comes from a slightly different backround then I do, but other then that the only differences are that she's obssesed with clothes, I hate clothes, and she hates one of my best friends, obviously I don't. But she's REALLY REALLY nice, she just thinks my friend is stuck up, she's not but hey, I don't like some of her friends either.
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• *huggles back* I like the word huggles. It's a friendly word. i think I'm going to name my kid Huggles. (Or not. Isn't that a diaper brand?)
                                It's really weird that Minnesota is not very racially intergrated. And now we have a lot of Mexicans moving in and I have Mexican friends now! Also the people who get the worse teasing in MN are the Somalians. Seriously, they get teased by everybody. (I'm so glad I'm Ethiopian instead of Somalian.)

Comment

Working...
                                X