No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun! You should get a custom avie and have Daniel Radcliffe on it. My first avatar was the piano one but I soon changed it.
    I'm assuming everyone from Kentucky likes horseback riding. (That's a good place to live.) My friend's older sister owns a horse and she's always at the barn taking care of it. Horses are very cool.
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Yes, there was a newbie packs topic earlier - and it doesn't seem to have archived yet, so it can still be added to.

But I'm the second name in Z's, so why am I complaining?

I got the Yellow Submarine DVD in the post today .
      Oh, right. Almost nobody's heard of it, have they? The Beatles? A 60s group? They're probably in the history books? No, 1960s.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• *dies* Not another page in the space of a few hours...

Hey, welcome, TurtleOP. You kow me already; I'm Gryphon. I'm Gryphon at VGDawn, Gryphon on AIM, Gryphon anywhere online.

Z:
        ((Does anybody know where the newbie packs are? I can't find them!))
        Actually, I think all newbie help topics are in the newbie help forum. *pokes* Newbie Ultima is very disorganized (with the exception of some very helpful and very dedicated members' posts) but it has a lot of information from us trying to summarize the rules and explain all of the injokes, ect.

I was about to add that my name was Gryphon, but *points to username* kinda self-explanatory.

Some of the most basic rules are no posting multiple posts in a row; you can edit them by clicking the eraser button (already said by Z). No one liners. They waste DD's money for absolutely no reason. You don't get anything through with a short post. Elaborate instead! Avatars/icons shouldn't be big; they should be about the size of the already uploaded ones or smaller. Definitly not animated.

Beware master nothing-belt Gryphon! I could beat you with my awesome non-existant karate skillz!

What else is current for me... Oh, I could tell you about my annoying Pez, but I'd rather eat it.

New people! Join VGDawn! ((click the link on my signature)) But I think TurtleOP and Danzrgrl already joined, right?

PM:
        I got the Yellow Submarine DVD in the post today .
        Oh, right. Almost nobody's heard of it, have they? The Beatles? A 60s group? They're probably in the history books? No, 1960s.

Woah, I actually know what you're talking about! Hehe. I have the Yellow Submarine CD somewhere; I think mom misplaced it in my small pile of CDs. Made even smaller by the fact that the Linkin Park CDs in my pile aren't even mine. They're my brother's.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Today was the first time I've climbed atree. It was really fun. I found the greatest tree on earth! But that was not the good part. The cool part was that behind the tree was a trail leading through the woods! I can't believe I've never noticed it before!
          I'm going to take my Artemis Fowl book and read there.
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *huggles everyone* Random enough for you? ^_^

MIDGET KITTIES!
            "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
            "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Heh. Silly Z.

Heyyy!!!!! Guess what? Mr. Buggles came out of his cocoon! I called my brother to come right away and bring his camera. There was this moth in the corner of his box/cage, just sitting there. We lifted the lid (I wasn't afraid that he'd fly away so soon after leaving his cocoon) and my brother started to take pictures. The first few were blurry; he was having trouble with the zoom. Then Mr. Buggles finally did fly -- straight at the window. He was bashing himself against it, and I was fraid he'd get hurt, so we pushed him into a different plastic box. I didn't shut the lid all the way; we didn't have holes in this one for air like we did for the other, and took him outside. We both knew we couldn't keep him. There was no way he'd survive in our house. Lots of curious cats and no food.

He's a beautiful moth, colored yellow and black, kinda like a bee. Here, I'll upload a picture.

Heh. I took that picture while Buggles was sitting on my brother's wrist, then edited. Obviously. Most pictures don't automatically come with the target's name in the bottom.

We brought him to the backyard where a few butterflies were flying around and let him fly away.

MIDGET KITTIES!!!!
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• That was nice of you, Gryph... Mr. Buggles belongs in the wild. As does Fuzzbuzz... ^_^
                "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• S'finx is not a midget kitty!!!!!!!!
                  See Z! I told you climbing trees is fun!!!
                  Um.... now I have nothing to say so... Hi y'all!
                  *curses Poot*
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

• Augh, lots to catch up on!!

VC: About your friend.. hrm, I haven't known anyone personally with an eating disorder, but it sounds like everyone else has got good advice - keep an eye out for her to see if you notice her eating, and look for signs, etc. Also, if you notice her behavior becoming more serious, talk to an adult about it.

Dai TurtleObsessedPerson and Danzrgrl!! I'm Abby...and, er... call me Abby!!

Actually, it's kinda odd I don't have a nickname here, but then again, Abby already is a nickname (of Abigail.. I'm Abby most places on the internet cos that's my main HP rpg character). Although most of my rpg friends have taken it upon themselves to come up with a nickname for a nickname. (some of them are just kinda weird, but on the rpg everybody practically has their own nickname for every person)... haha, ex. Abs, Abbs, Abbers, Absies, Absicles. I do believe at one point someone called me Abberino and Absters. heh heh.

aww, Mr. Buggles is awesome. he's got clear wings!! I'm amused (either that or they are suspiciously the same color as your brother's skin) . that's a really good pic of him Gryph!!

and Z, that was the first time you've climbed a tree?? you've been missing out!! Actually, I haven't gone tree climbing in awhile, I'm very behind. I kinda grew up climbing trees cos we've got a few. The one in our front yard was like a perfect tree for me as a little kid because the branches start really low down so it's easy for children to get up and stuff too!!! Then we've got an avocado tree in our backyard which can be kinda hard to get up, you have to swing yourself way up and then pull yourself up, etc. etc. haha.

It's really sad though, lately around my neighborhood they keep cutting down all the trees. and so there's not as much shade and stuff either.

Oh, and by the way Nitafan (and anyone else) feel free to add me as a contact on MSN, or as a buddy on AIM!!
                    ------------------------------
                    Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                    -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• But I'm the second name in Z's, so why am I complaining?
                      Because of "pops." *dies dies DIES LAUGHING*

Mr Buggles is pretty.

Oh, and we're not quite that out-of-it-- we still know who the Beatles are. Just. *uploads collection*
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdhead:
                        But I'm the second name in Z's, so why am I complaining?
                        Because of "pops." *dies dies DIES LAUGHING*
                        Oh, Z, vegan_chick and nitafan have been calling me that all week.

Currently watching my Yellow Submarine DVD. Well, I never noticed before that the submarine has a banner reading "The Rolling Stones". Duh.

I've just remembered; the Nowhere Man sequence was shown on TV in Austria, where we were living at the time, and it was the first time I'd seen the Beatles on TV, even if they were cartoon versions of themselves.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Artemis:
                          As does Fuzzbuzz... ^_^
                          If you're hinting something, it's not working. He's in his cocoon, and yes, I am thinking about 'adopting' more caterpillars in the future. My brother said he'd help this time.

I've never seen a moth like him before.

Sometime during the summer we've seen tons and tons of caterpillars come out and crawl around on the dead end pavement for absolutely no reason. I don't remember what time in summer that was, or even if they would come out this year, but maybe it's worth a try to bike there and see. I forget what they're like, but I remember roller blading over a few...

My book is nearly over! *cries*

TOP, I hope you like being called TOP because that's a really really long username... *grumbles* heh. I'm just picking on you. Maybe I could think of other words to stick to the initials 'TOP.' Like Truly Obnoxious Puddle, though you haven't posted enough for anyone to get an idea of what you're like. So... Truly Obnoxious Puddle might not be the nickname for you. I'll stick with Turtle Obsessed Person for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by crookedfrog21:
                            Well, think about it. When somebody kills themselves, they are only thinking about themselves, how much pain THEY are in, how much THEIR life sucks, they aren't even thinking about the people their suicide could affect. How poopy it is going to make their husband or wife, mom and dad, or brothers and sisters feel, because they will always be wondering, did I contribute to his/her suicide?
                            Alright. Now. That was harsh. Have YOU been suicidal? If not.... Just be quiet. I hate people who don't understand. And I hate them more when they think they do understand.

When someone kills him or herself, they usually either simply DON'T CARE, or think that their parents or whoever won't care. Often they've gone through HELL in school, at home, whatever. They go to school to have signs saying "Kick me" pasted on their backs, to have things stolen from them, to have teachers ignore the fact that they've had things stolen from them. I wish I could show you the scars on my wrists, but I have none- I didn't cut that deeply. Tears of water, tears of blood- they're all the same thing. All I can show you are the scars on my heart, except that people usually don't care about those, do they?

Don't you dare tell me that depressed people are selfish. Because I'll tell you this- You'll stand on the brink some day, everyone will. There will be a time in your life where you feel so out of control and like nothing matters anymore. In reality, the only thing we can fully control is whether to continue or not- And everyone faces it sometime. And you know what? It's comforting.

Oh yeah. You think those people DON'T contribute? They do, through their ignorance. A lot of depressed people need help, or a friendly person to help them through. And if those people who love him or here aren't there to do that, then they've contributed. I have a friend that's attempted suicide four times- Her parents put her in the hospital. And because of that, she's still alive. I have numerous friends who've considered suicide, but we have each other. And as long as we have that, none of us are likely to attempt, whether for the first time or again.

Now. I'm done that rant.

Actually, overexercising is just as bad as anorexia and bulimia- there's a kind of anorexia where you don't stop eating, you just exercise obsessively.

I'm a brown belt in karate. But I quit. But I can still seriously screw up someone's wrist.

Turtles are great. Le tortue!

Comment

• I agree with crookedfrog.
                              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• You need more help than I do, and that's saying something.
                                Both of you. Like... A reality check. Like... Your whole world falling apart and no one there to help you.

--'' Don't talk about what you don't understand. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt. And have you?

The only people that get me madder are those that say "You should avoid depressed people because they just drag you down."

Comment

Working...
                                X