No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danzrgrl: That's not what I meant! I was just stating that you have a very sweet cat. I love Midnight!

I've got a headache... *groan* Can't think of anything else. I'm bored...
    <3
    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Need.... more.... anime...

Fruits Basket.... Gravitation... Neon Genesis Evangelion... Gundam SEED... Confidential Confessions....

must... have more anime.... o.o

anime is good. anime is great. anime is life....

Comment

• Just keep telling yourself that, Aurie...

Found cool new writing site for teens! The problem is that if you get published there it's not really in a magazine or anything solid. But still pretty cool.

I'm so bored right now...my friends nicknamed me Smithy...they're so weird...but then I nicknamed them Triners and Prolly...guess I'm weird too.

You guys are almost not posting! Not like I don't want you to visit or anything but it's sooooo much easier to catch up when there's only a couple of pages to read and I don't have to skim.

Anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow to go to camp. I'll be gone for about ten days. Agony to be away from the computer, but camp is so awesome, and it's in Ohio (where I used to live) so I get to see a bunch of my friends! Anyway, I'll see--I mean, write to--you guys when I get back! I miss you already!

Oh, and about school: we already got our schedules and everything. It's like they want the summer to seem shorter or something...
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Hi, everyone! I just got back today. Did I miss anything? Jeez, it's great to get on a computer again. I haven't been on in over a week.
          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          **Neets**
          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Oh, Neets... we did miss you!

I have a headache... the too much of a good thing, thing.

Be happy.
            -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
            The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
            I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Okay guys I'm going to camp for 2 weeks! Bye!!!!!
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• [rant]
                The neighbors are having a party, which is fine, but they're singing Karaoke. Badly. Loudly. It's 10:30 at night on Sunday, where I am, and if they don't turn it off by 11:00, I'm going to go over and ask them to <span class="ev_code_RED">please</span> turn down the singing. Or at least learn to stay on key.

*tries to stuff bananas in her ears*
                The cats are yowling.
                [/rant]
                "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Hi Everyone

I have to ask a important question to the younger members of this site As some of you know I'm going to uni this year but I was told that UK students are sometimes able to get working in Summer camps in America!! I really want to try and get out there at some point but I have not got a clue about which camps to try and contact by email! So if some of you could start suggesting camps that would be really great! I really hope I get to come out! Be even more helpful if the camps would pay as well but I'm guessing were'ever I go I will still have to pay for most of the trip myself! Anyway thanks for the help
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Hee-hee. I'm going to Spanish Concordia Camp today.
                    (They should work at the YMCA in MN! Or just any YMCA. They do really fun stuff.)
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I don't know about any summer camps.......I have never been to one. It would be cool if you could come to Texas!

Bye, Z! *huggles*

Meteorite, one street down from me there used to be 2 college guys and they would have a party every single night. The music was always loud and they would all drink. They would last until one in the morning. The family who lives next to them our are friends and they told me how they had to pick up all the beer cans. I don't think it got as far as karaoke.....
                      **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Well if you know of any summer camps out there I'm open to offers , America was just a thought!! I would go anywhere!! Give me some web sites etc and I will look into it!
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fox:
                          Hi Everyone

I have to ask a important question to the younger members of this site As some of you know I'm going to uni this year but I was told that UK students are sometimes able to get working in Summer camps in America!! I really want to try and get out there at some point but I have not got a clue about which camps to try and contact by email! So if some of you could start suggesting camps that would be really great!
                          Within the UK there are several organisations that run placement schemes for students. You'll find you generally have to pay some sort of registration fee up front. You'll find that you get paid in dollars, so watch out for what theexchange rate is.

I was planning on doing summer camp in the USA myself. Unfortunatley, the hig strnegth of the pound against the US dollar (£1 = £1.80) ment that I wouldn't have been able to make enough money for it to be worthwhile. (It's not that I was doing it for the money, but I needed to earn a fair amount this summer).
                          Make sure you check out the small print... I recall one company where you had to pay for your transprort to and fomr the camp - which as they only flew you to New York could've been a problem.

You might also want to try looking at similar projects within the UK.
                          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Wow! Haven't seen you on in a while....... Like I said, I have never been to a summer camp before, so I am not much help.
                            **Neets**

Comment

• WOW. I've been gone all weekend, and there's only a page and a half of new posts! It's a miracle! Hmmm. Summer camp. I've only been to one. I shouldn't even get involved, cause I'm confused. So. Uh. Yea. I'm evil. And bored. Yea.
                              Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• I went to Barnes & Noble today. I bought a book. (big surprise there... ) I normally read the books at the library before I buy them, so I know that I actually want to buy them. I wish that books didn't cost so much. I don't get allowance for the rest of the summer or get payed for babysitting my brother 'cause I went to horse camp. It was really expensive. The only money I have is from babysitting my neighbor's kids.
                                <3
                                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                                X