No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY CRESS SHADOWDANCER!!!!!!! I'm Biw. *bounces around room* YAY! People I don't know!

Oragami is awsome. I LUUUUUV oragami. (along with almost everything else in the world) I wish I could go on the computer at night, but my mom would kill me. It's like she barly sleeps at all. I walk down stairs, and she's like, where are you going? Evilness.

Besides that, I'm happy! *boing*boing*boing* *dies*
    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Whoa, that's GOOD origami. I can barely make a crane... lol.
      Hey Cress! Finally decided to come back among the living again huh? JKing.
      nita, I'm going to Colorado, the Four Corners, the Titons, and I think we're going to like North Dakota or Montana or something..... all in 11 days. We're going to colorodo in ONE day!!
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

• Coolness! Hehe, I have never used that word before. M, that is so cool! Have fun! Hmm, I dunno if there is anything else to say.......I will be back later, with something!
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• I luff the word coolness!!
          muhahahha!! The Village came out today!!! And I've already seen it twice!! It was really good, but it wasn't scary.....
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

• *going to be random*

Thoughts 1:

My friend told me he couldn't be my friend anymore because he was too stupid.... and he's serious about it.

It makes me wonder if I'm somehow responsible. I know I'm a little bit (*understatement of the century*) obsessive about my grades, and I know that my grades blow his out of the water... and it probably makes him feel stupider. ...so maybe I'm getting what I, at least in part, deserve.

But it can't be all my fault- It's not only me. He's partially responsible too- I know he can do well, he just can't because he believes he's too stupid. And I can't be responsible for that, because I haven't known him that long....

...Oh well. I can't make people change their minds, however much I try... and they have a right to have their decisions respected.

Rant 2-

Someone else told me that

" I am angry with the world, why does it work this way? And I am angry with you, each and every one of you, because you never do enough to make this world a better place. This world could be arcadia... You just won't make it happen."

Two points here-

First of all, what is arcadia? Arcadia is different for you and me. My idea of arcadia is one where discrimination doesn't happen, where things are resolved without needless death, where everyone agrees to disagree. And yet... someone else's idea of arcadia may be one where white people are in charge and every white person has a few black and asian slaves... The leader of the Heritage Front, a racist organization here in Canada said "White people are civilisation creators, Orientals are civilisation maintainers, and Blacks are civilisation destroyers." Maybe... that's his idea of arcadia. But it's not mine.

People are trying to create arcadia, with groups like Peacefresno (a pacifist group that advocates world peace) and the Heritage Front. Others try to better peoples lives in the government or through groups like the Salvation Army. But arcadia cannot be created because people ideas of arcadia aren't the same... before arcadia can be created, all humanity must agree on what it is.

Second point-

Would we be happy in a perfect world? A world that's perfect holds no worries, no struggles... none of those things that make you feel so very alive.

I like struggling, I like striving for where I want to go, for what I want to do. I like having worries, having problems. I know as much as I complain... I like it. Life would be boring without it, life would not be worth living. Because as hard as it gets... I know I can let myself go. I know that I don't have to continue if it gets too hard. With problems and worries, life is made worth living- only when I'm struggling, do I feel alive.

And think about it... if your life were perfect, would you be happy? Would you be happy without problems to entertain you, would you be happy... or just bored?

Comment

• "Oh well. I can't make people change their minds, however much I try... and they have a right to have their decisions respected. "
              But if he's your friend then it shouldn't just be an "oh well who cares if he's not gonna be my friend anymore." I don't know what you can do about it cuz I've never come across something like that, over here I'm the stupid one. But I hate to see friendships broken because of grades.
              *Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

• Wow, deep, Auri. If he is your friend and you care about him, I would try and get him to realize that he is smart and try to get your friendship back.
                **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Aurora I feel really sorry for you your friend sounds like they are on a right downer! If you have the funds why don't you take them out to the cinema or something to cheer them up? I knwo that sounds werid but I've bought people/friends things when I can see there down, But to say that he does not want to be your friend cause he's dumber is really upsetting! Since when had friendship ever depended on IQ? I mea look at the book 'Of Mice and Men' (hope you read it! we was made to read it in school!) anyway you have a very resricted man (is that the way to put it? I mean he is very simply)and the other man is normal but they are the best of friends! Not that your friend is smiply or anything but I mean it does not matter with friends that they have up here *points to head* it matters what they have here *points at chest*, I'm forever getting my words mixed up and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, and matter an utter fool of myself but my friends tell me that its becasue I care thats what I'm good at!!

Good I've just re-read this I think I need help!! It makes no sense but I'm posting it anyway other wise I will never get to 1000 posts , M you can control the earth if I can have the moon!!!! deal?
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Hmmmmmmm.... Ok. 1,000 posts isn't easy to get to.. The sad thing is is that I think that I'd have close to 5,000 posts if Lee hadn't cleared everything out........
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

• She cleared everything out? Must be before my time. Fox, that was very good advice. I understood it.
                      **Neets**

Comment

• Whoa, you haven't heard of the big clearout? I think that there were just too many one liners, too many pointless posts and it was clogging Chatter. It was just Chatter then, now it's Chatter II because Chatter froze and then Lee cleared everything out. I think it happened in that order.... Something like that. lol.
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• Oh Chatter! WHY!? :'(
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• *wimpers* I've been gone for a week. How bad is the togr now? Hey, not bad. Only 5 pages.

((minimizes reply window - have to go))

((back))

Angel_Star:
                            I like to annoy people. It's fun! Except when they get really mad at you... But that doesn't really matter if they didn't like you to begin with or you didn't like them.
                            *rolls eyes* I don't like getting on people's nerves or being mean to them, but it sure is fun to tease little kids. *evil laugh!* More about teasing little cousins when I get to my vacation.

But I do have an evil person's screenname. Well, not evil, because people can't really be evil evil. But you wouldn't beleive how terrible she is. It's sickening the way she picks on her own friends even, let alone the people she thinks smaller than herself. People just don't do the things she does to each other.

So yeah, I make an exception to mess with her head. Bad Gryph!

Danzr:
                            You shouldn't feel left out just read the post about the Instant Message thingy! That will explain everything. Speaking of IM gggrrr some keeps on IMin me and it is gettin on my nervs! yeah see left! She was buggin me! Everytime I try to type she always sends an IM and it blinks! gggrrrr! Anyway... ! What else is random?
                            Do you have AIM? Because if you do, you could block her...

Angel_Star again:
                            I'm like kind of scared of heights, though, so the stairs are kind of creepy.
                            Oh, so am I. On vacation, I went to a rock climbing wall. I was hardly a third of the way up, not even that, when I couldn't climb any higher. And it took all I had to trust the rope and harness to take me safely down the 5 ft. distance. I feel more secure in my tree.

Heh heh. My relatives that I visited got me a book called Eats, Shoots & Leaves. I scanned the back of the book. hehe. I'll have to type it up for you. *digs around for book*

Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
                            "Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
                            "I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up."
                            The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.
                            "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

*dies laughing*

Danzr:
                            It was me who said the thing about school supplies NOT Angel_Star! I'm sorry if I made it confusing!
                            I'd get confused too! I look at avatars more often than usernames. And if you two have the same avatar...

Nitafan:
                            What's a URL?
                            *wimpers* That would be an online address. Like YW.net's URL is http://www.youngwizards.net.

More news. Buck Whiley just signed on and told me he broke his arm. Skateboarding. At Joe's house. Bran's suggestion. Oh, and now he says it was at night. The stupidest combination of things ever. But I feel sorry for him anyway.

nitafan:
                            Wow, I have ranted about nothing. Oh, what's a URL? I have always wondered that.......
                            No one answered poor nitafan? Shame! Philp Pullman wrote HDM, silly.

Only a few more pages to go!

*groan* Too... many... chocolate covered... RASINS!!!

OMG!!! Tha chat works for me! *huggles all!* Come to the chat so that I can talk to people! I've missed YW chatting. It was so much fun. But we don't have the same smileys as the old chat. Or sounds. Or colors. *sniffles* I loved it!

But I can't complain. I love this chat too.

nitafan:
                            My mom and brother are both allergic, so it sorta presents a problem if we ever get one.
                            Woah, same here! But we have four cats. Heh. My dad protested even more than me against getting a dog. And look at who Sammy loves the most! *chuckles* Silly animals.

Aurie! It's not your fault at all. Grades should be something your proud of. But it's not his fault either, not enough, so don't blame either of you. *huggles*

Aurora, I agree with everything you have to say about arcadia. Every background has different points, different values, differet ect. And everyone inside those circles have different views that clash. You can't fight that. And a perfect world wouldn't be perfect. You can't have a perfect world. It's just not possible. The passion and happiness comes from the flaws of a world. You draw in things from the rise and downfall of everything.

*huggles all* You're friends. I used to have really good real life friends. But then everything in my life was torn apart when I had to move. Yes, I have friends now, but they're weak friends; not true friends at all. I couldn't lean on them or ask anything of them. They wouldn't cheer me up or even notice if I where down. They wouldn't stop for a second to lend me help on homework without a lot of whining. Or at least that's how it is for my 'best friend' in real life. I suppose she isn't much of a friend at all. Meh. Maybe I'll have hope with the school year starts up again.

But you guys are friends.

When mom went to Florida, she bumped into my old best friend, a real friend. When I moved, I never got a chance to get her e-mail address, but now I have it. I've had it for weeks, too, and I still haven't e-mailed her. What would I say? We've grown too far apart.

[[Adds:]]

You guys have got to go to www.jibjab.com. So funny!!! Watch the movie with your speakers on. Of course it has sounds.
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• ROFL!!!! THAT JIBJAB MOVIE IS HILARIOUS!!! HAhAhAHAHAHHAHAHA
                              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• YAY! GRYPHON! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!! HAHA! Funnyness.

I have nothing to say. It's so unusual for me. I almost always have something to say. POOT SHALL NOT HAVE ME!!!!!!! My little sister is odd. I don't exsacly know why, but she is. I*'m so bored...
                                Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X