No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My backpack has bewcome homicidal. I weighed it. It was nearly 25 pounds. My shoulder still hurts from this morning. How am I ever gunna survive tomorrow? NOOO!!!! I don't wanna do my history homework. I LOATHE history. Math is fun though! YAY MATH!!!! And science, that's even better.

On the bus, I have to sit with my friend Megan, we're both odd an spastic. My other friends put us in the seat together so we won't annoy them. Oh well, we're plotting against them. heehee. I like to poke people. I have a habbit of poking every one of my friends I pass in the hall. HAHA! *pokes*
    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Yay! First day of school! Fun! I'm really excited about history this year because the teacher is sooooooo cool (even those of you who find history boring would probably like his class). He said he didn't care about "stupid dates" and stuff like that...which is always by least favorite part of history. And this is American history *snore* It gets so boring after the 3rd or 4th year of it...

I'm a little worried about geometry. It seems difficult, and since I liked algebra....well we'll see when we really get into the thick of it.

YW/HP crossovers? I read a really whacked one (they tend to be...) recently...let's see if I can get you the link...
      Oh, and I agree with you about the Naked Quidditch Match, Tui.
      What the?
      VC actually wrote this one, right VC?

If I find anymore I'll let you know...

I really, really, really hope Hurricane Ivan changes course and doesn't hit Florida, because Florida can't take another hit (Charley, then Frances, now this?) It seems the I's have been terrible (remember Isabel last year?).
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• OMG VC. That's so funny, I'm gonna be goin around singing that all day! *hums*

I agree wtih you BIW. My backpack is so heavy that in the morning my shoulders ache so bad! It hurts!!!! *rubs shoulders.
        Agh. Short posts...
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Aak! i was gonna make a full post but just realized i have a lot more homework left than i thought *grumbles at teachers who plot together to all give tons of homework on the same night*. chat party on saturday still sounds good. oh, ella-don't worry about geometry, if it's anything like at my school it will be super easy
          bye everyone!
          Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
          "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

• It always seems when I come to post on the togr I have to get off like 2 min after I come..

Anyways, my backpac weighs like one pound. It barely weighs anything.

Oh, I ahve to go. I will post tomm.
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Z:
              Another boy said I looked like a dog because I had a collar on, *points to black spikey choker around neck* He was just kidding though. I said I liked dogs way more than persian kittens...(Tom has an obsession with persian kittens) *winks at gryphon "WOOF!"*
              Gryphon: unphased
              Dogs over persian kittens? I dunno about persian kittens; they're not the best in my opinion, but cats in general sure do top dogs. :P

I hurt. A lot. It wasn't until a few minutes ago when I tried to get up after laying down that I hurt so bad. Owww... Senpai had us do knuckle push ups and this weird crunch/sit-up thing. Must've been the crunch/sit-ups that got to me. We had to do over 50 of each. Hehe. Ow.

It's not all that great to have so much weight on your back. The textbooks are all fat and heavy, so instead of putting all that I need to my next few classes in my backpack (we carry our backpacks from class to class), I carry all but one in my hands. They feel like they weigh next to nothing like that.

Geometry is... weird. But it's not hard. Once you learn how to play with proofs (if your class had as many and as difficult proofs as mine did), you'll be fine.

*scans (supposedly) VC's fanfic* What the heck...? *reads the rest of it* WTF!? *dies laughing*

I still have homework left to do. *grumbles more*
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Ohhh Gryph I hope you feel better. *hands gryph toblerone*

*sings for VC-I feel Prettyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!*

*needs to stop with the one liners and *****'s *

Comment

• i'm guessing that the 'toblerone' thingy is an in joke. can someone please explain it to me?

Yay exams are over *runs around in circles celebrating*. anyone who likes proofs in geometry is wierd. why do we have to know why something is, can't maths teachers understand that it just is. Thank goodness that i don't have to do those anymore! yay *runs around celebrating some more*

hehehe... that fanfics great!

Alla

Comment

• Toblerone is the best chocolate in the world. It's less popular in America than it is in other places of the world.
                    It's kinda a joke cause in chat we do virtual toblerone wrestling...
                    *Laughs*
                    Yay! *huggles Gryph* I got an A+ in Algebra so far! But I still don't like math
                    algebra+z=-_-

Comment

• I love toblerone! I let it melt in my mouth *yum* But I have to say that I know prefer dark chocolate! Its soooooooooo yummy!! I love it. But toblerone is in my top ten!!
                      Fox
                      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Alla:
                        i'm guessing that the 'toblerone' thingy is an in joke. can someone please explain it to me?
                        Toblerone is really really really good chocolate. Only half the members (if even that many) have heard about it, so you're not alone.

Proofs aren't too fun. They're weird. I like plain algebra better. I hate having to use my graphics calculator; I don't know how to use it, even. And the math book says "do this, do that on your calculator." How? HOW??? *wimpers* Meh. The easy answer would probably be to look in the instructions, but well, taht's no fun.

You. Like. Dark chocolate? Blech. Whereas I like white & milk.
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Mmm... Dark chocolate. Scharffen Berger Nibbys and Cacao nibs. And 82% Cacao bars. Why let all that sugar get in the way of the chocolate? And I think I like Lindt better than Toblerone, but they're both pretty good. I tend to gravitate towards dark chocolate bars with either marzipan or hazelnuts/filberts.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Gryph--
                            Thanks for fixing my profile on VGDawn...
                            What type of calculator do you use? Is it a TI? Is it a TI-89? If it, you have the same one as me. I can try and give you some pointers on how to use it... I don't have the Platinum Edition which TI put out this school year, I still have my one from freshman year (I'm a junior in HS). But anyway, I can try to help.

For instance:
                            If you want to graph a line, parabola, whatever, then set the equation equal to "y" (i.e. y=7x+2, or y=2x^2(two x squared)+4x-3), then go to whatever type of "Y=" (y equals) screen and enter in the "x-part" of the equation (7x+2, or whatever). Then select "graph" or go to whatever graphing screen the calculator has. This should show the graph of your line. If you have a TI (but bear in mind these intructions are for an 89) then you can press "math" or whatever and it will show a drop down menu, which you can use for maxs and mins. and intercepts, and other cool stuff to make your mathematical life easier. You'll probably have to read the instructions in the end for the more complicated stuff, because the books never, ever help in doing something on your own calc.

Yeah. Anyway... McGrays forever. Graysons...for a slightly shorter period of forever !! I DON'T POWERPLAY. EVER.
                            ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                            +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• TI-something. TI-84 says the instructions. The silver plus edition just came out, and that's what was required for school. Ouch. I have a math button and some other one that sets for y's. But... I don't really know how to get the hyperboli (sp?) off my graph. Or how to open up the funny table things that we were working in the other day. :/

Sammy thought it was funny to steal my socks.

My marigolds bloomed! *dances in circles* They where kinda planted by accident. I used some seeds to put a few in a 'pot' (err. frisbee... I don't approve of pots. They're not shallow enough) and spilled a lot into mom's garden. I covered them with dirt, then mom planted something else where they were. The marigolds still grew, and they grew a lot taller than mom's plant, but it's still living inside the forest. They're huge! I'll have to measure how tall they grew.

Comment

• Ahh...The TI-84+ Edition. Succsessor to the 83. Go to your y= and make sure everything is clear and then the other graph should go away. Check the shift codes on the buttons to see which one says table. There should be something like that around... Good luck on trying to figure out the new calc!
                                ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                                +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Working...
                                X