The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat:
    Okay, another riddle: what is it you can take away from something but be left with the whole?
    Infinity?

Wilf:
    "If I was to ask the other guard 'Which door are you guarding' what would they say?". The liar will say "not the freedom door", the truthful will say "the freedom door".
    Though the Discworld logic has its good points...
    But... they're not guarding a door. They're guarding you. And yes, there is an answer (err... question), instead of it being a trick question.

Hehe. Want a hint?

[<span class="ev_code_WHITE">It's a question that you ask both guards. It'd be silly to ask just one; you don't know who lies or tells the truth.</span>]

M, I'm loving the Stravagante book.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• M has much catching up to do.....
      Ooh! Yea, cuz that's a good book!
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

• Yeah M where have you been? I haven't seen you in a looooooong time. Come back to us!!!! YAY!
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• lol, yeah..... there hasn't been much to post. *sigh* I got soooo lost after I went on vacations and now I don't know what to post... *grumbles*
          *grr* to Poot
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

• Post about...hmmmmmm. Post about school. I want to see into the minds of the evil 8th graders. *twilight zone music comes on*
            Because I am a puny 7th grader n00b. And I am confuzzled about everything...
            In my school the eighth grade girls are either blond clones, girls with black dyed hair, black eyeliner, and who look exactly the same but are not goth. (It's freaky,) mnong people (sp) who are all very pretty and have long hair (is that something with their culture???, there are a lot of Chinese and Mnongs at our school, or a few goths who seem like the happiest people out of all at our school. (so many zippers.)

Comment

• I like zippers.....
              And 8th graders don't have evil minds *roll eyes* But some of them are *cough* shallow *cough* *roll eyes* They're really annoying and I can't even imagine myself as an 8th grader sometimes even though I am one, a lot of my friends are 7th graders. But the people in my 8th grade aren't so bad, they pretty much ignore me and my friends which is a good thing... But last years 8th graders *shivers* Tequila, being expelled, being really mean to teachers.... and to 7th graders... I don't like them.....
              *Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

• if the eighth graders are anything like those at my school, they do have evil minds... at least in comparison to us... I can never remember whether i was that bad... we were sorta in awe of the older grades. Year 8ers can be alright... some of them have their heads screwed on. I am trying to get a couple of them to read SYWTBAW, because they are right into the whole reading fantasy books.

oh well... better get back to building lego...

Comment

• Okay, considering both the answers to my riddle were wrong, I'll post the correct one (<span class="ev_code_WHITE">the letter 'W'</span>)
                  Eighth graders may be evil, but thye will be nothing compared to the nOOBs at my school. I'm in the top year, but that dosn't stop them from walking into me despite the fact that I'm about a foot taller than the tichy nOOBs. Almost all of them swear a lot about everything and they take over the school liberay and make fun of thoese who come in to read (i.e. me - but I just ignor them. They haven't seemed to work that one out yet.)

Wow, ranting is really fun.

Hey, this is my 100th post! Yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat:
                    Okay, considering both the answers to my riddle were wrong, I'll post the correct one (<span class="ev_code_WHITE">the letter 'W'</span>)
                    Eighth graders may be evil, but thye will be nothing compared to the nOOBs at my school. I'm in the top year, but that dosn't stop them from walking into me despite the fact that I'm about a foot taller than the tichy nOOBs. Almost all of them swear a lot about everything and they take over the school liberay and make fun of thoese who come in to read (i.e. me - but I just ignor them. They haven't seemed to work that one out yet.)
                    That is soo true. I guess if you're taller than them its even more annoying. We have all these little kids (year 9s mostly - yay they're away on camp!) who just barge around not caring if they get into anyone's way! They'll even barge right through a teacher's conversation! It's so annoying. At least they leave out library alone. They would never _dream_ of setting foot in there.

Kat, what grade are you in? Last year of high school or what? Oh and congrats on the 100th post.

Alla

Comment

• Kat! You said eighth graders are evil. I am not evil!

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!! Ok, I know you have no ideawhat I'm talking about. Ya see, I'm always really tired during the school year, and that's really weird, cause during the summer, I stay up really late, and I wake up early, and I'm not tired in the morning, but in school, no matter how erly I go to bed, I can't wake up in the morning. I have developed a theory why: Ok, so the only reason that there are schools is to house these paranormal anomalies that feast on the lifeforce of inocent children. Yah. How smart am I. They couldn't hide the horrid truth from me.

I hate the human race. I absolutly LOATHE the species. Yes, I know I am one myself, but still... I hope we eventually wipe ourselves of the face of the Earth, which we will undoubtedy do. My dad was talking with someone about how there are so many deer around, and I was arguing that that's our oun fault, because it was us stupid humans that compleatly obliderated the wolf population in the United States, which used to keep the deer population down. GAH!!!!! *goes into huge rant about the stupidness of humans* no offence anyone.

Omg. No. It's not true. I wrote something that makes sense, and is actually about something other than the boring nothingness I usually write.
                      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• *applauds* good job BIW your first post that makes sense. lol.

Today was a TerribleHorribleNoGoodVeryBadDay. And I want to move to Austrailia.
                        1)I slammed my whole right hand in my front door leaving out the door to bike to school in the cold. And my house if very old. So once our door closes. It takes some hard pulling to get it open again.
                        2)My hand throbbed all day and I can't put my middle finger straight. (Which is good I guess.)
                        3)Before Algebra I went to open my locker I tried the combination 23 times and even had a few other people help me. It was way after the bell had rung when I noticed that I was opening a different locker that isn't mine.
                        4)Late for Algebra
                        5)test tomoroww...
                        Good Things
                        1)Got candy for answering one of my algebra teachers lame riddles.
                        2)No homework in everything except science!
                        3)No homework!
                        4)No homework!
                        1)No Homework in

Comment

• The end was really good. I stayed up late finishing it. At one chapter I stopped myself, cuz I had to go to sleep eventually. But then I couldn't go to sleep and read some more. Until I finished it.

And I have the second one, too.

M *huggles* I don't see you enough.

We have to do an oral presentation about yourself for language arts. The date that I drew was one of the first dates that we could go on for my class. So, ugg. I have to work, because I only have a little bit of time to start to prepare. My day is Sept. 22. Some people have October 25. *is envious* But we are allowed to swap dates.

I don't even know what I'm going to do for mine, so even more to prepare for. She put a questionaire in the packet with instructions to give you an idea of what you could do. It didn't help me at all. Some of the topics could be on your culture or tradition, etc. No hope there for me. So I might have to do hobbies/talents/whatever and talk about my obsessions. Like sugar and karate. The time of the report must exceed 5 minutes. I hope I can come up with enough for that...

Sharky knows that I'm not a little angel. Hehe. Muahahaha! But I'm not an 8th grader either, so you can't link one to another. I was an innocent little 8th grader.

Toldja ranting was fun.

I'm short...

BiW... you're not random! Not 100%, at least.

Well, Z, if you have no homework, that's great. I could kill to have a homework free day. And I'm sure Sharky is ready to kill me.

I like your rank just fine.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• What grade are you, Hiero-Gryph (hehe..)? I'm in eighth! DON'T INSULT EIGHTH GRADERS PEOPLE!!!!

So, Hiero-Gryph, I am super-bored, done all of my homework....so I think I'm going to join your RP. At long last....

(Oh and I hate the human race too. For a number of different reasons.)
                            *Ella*
                            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                            What could mean more than this?"
                            --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Omg, I havent been on all weekend, I am not even gonna bother to read up.

Ella, your in eighth?! I am too. I thought you were in like 11th or in college! Jeez, how wrong can I get...

Alrighty, the next just a place where I needed to put down my feelings. JUst skip it if you wanna. I just needed to write it down somkewhere. Plus, yall are my friends.

Omg, my life is so weird. In the mornings I am so perfectly happy and jumpy and just a twing hyper/happy. But, come afternoon, things suck. Like today, perfect day. Then I go and learn one of my friend was going to commite suicide. Then my best friend wont tell me whats wrong with her. She is more sudicial than the one who was going to commite suicide. *sigh* I wish I wouldent get caught up in this stuff...
                              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                              **Neets**
                              CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• *huggles Neets* Oh. That'd be hard. None of my friends have ever tried to commit suicide. (I'm only a 7th grader so that doesn't come up often )
                                I think I knew ella was 13 or 14 or around their.

Where'd Hiero-Gryph come in?

Comment

Working...
                                X