No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! I've been tryingot track down who that song was for.. oooh, ages... *huggles Aurora*
    I had a grade 5 piano piece entitled Castles in the Sky, which also wound up as my GCSE music solo performance piece.

I am considering adding "You dno't have to join VGDawn" to my signature, but that would make my siganture too big.

Pseudo-random question: Does anyone here know Tom Stoppard's The Real Inspector Hound?
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Wildflower: You have a point... this is the topic of great randomness so therefore anyone who posts in this forum belongs to the foundation.

BIW: so missed you! *huggles* Great moon, btw!

Ella: me too.... miss all those people who don't post.

Wilf: Sorry... but no.... never heard of it.
      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• *is seething* You had better not, Wilf. I'll bite your head off. I'll murder your pyramid, too.

I wrote my first page in my notebook for the second marking period today. Wow, I feel so behind. I really like the bit I just added, so I might post it. I wrote something random, then followed it up with a few more paragraphs, and it formed a little bit that happened before the rest that I've written with Maura. What bugs me about my notebook is that I can't easily edit and add things without rewriting it, and that's definitly not easy. The stuff that I first think up comes out confused, but if I edit on the computer, I come up with no ideas. One or the other. Grrrrr

we are we are the youth of the nation
        we are we are the youth of the nation

I love this song, but it's sad. The words, they're so real, they're so serious, and they're so dark...

I've read all of the War: The Gathering topic only to find that they've moved it all back to the Waiting for Naeva topic. *tears out hair* I swear, I'll close that topic. Ahahaha, you don't have to keep going back there! 27 pages and 657 posts. I refuse to read the pages I'm behind in (even though they're only two... ah, heck, I'll have to read it anyway). Sharky, tell me what I should do with the dark family I have! Absolutely anything?
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• AWWW!!!!! *huggles back* I feel so loved now! Thankies for da nice comments everybody!

I have been having a bad week. I don't wanna explain but I will tell you that it involves my mom, sister, my best friend, and a really annoying jerlery box.
          Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• I MISS RYSADE AND TUI! *sobs*

I had a really funny/bad day today.

BAD-My back, shoulders, and neck hurt (sleeeping funny.)
            We had swimming and a swallowed a bunch of water so my throat and stomach hurt all day...(BTW, I did follow your advice Gryph wearing goggles and swimming is much easier! )

GOOD-Lot's of funny stuff...
            RYAN:The nurse made me take a drug test.
            ME:Why?
            RYAN:I was late for school without an excuse...
            ME:What'd they make you do?
            RYAN:Pee in a cup...
            ME:What were the results?
            RYANsarcastically) yes, it was positive...i'm taking crack...
            ME:laugh...

We were making jokes about that all day.
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Wilf wrote:
              Pseudo-random question: Does anyone here know Tom Stoppard's The Real Inspector Hound?
              I know of it. I think I read it once. Are you doing some kind of Stoppard-awareness survey?

Ask a R&G Are Dead question! Or an Arcadia question, or a Real Thing question! I know those plays much better!
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Gryph: Jen doesn't get online much, she's really busy with school and stuff.
                Kli6: Hehe, I read R&G are Dead in AP English, and I totally didn't get it...it was too confusing...

Anyway, I'm at work again today, with nothing much to do, excecpt play around on the computer. I might get stuck working 2 shifts today, in which case I'd be here until 5 (it's 9 right now). I wouldn't really care, b/c I brought a movie and it would mean I'd be working 8 hours today, so that would be...15 hours this weekend, which means more money!!! I would make like $100 this weekend. Anyhow, ttyl!
                ~Rachel

Comment

• HEY PPLS!

lol, thas funny Z! My friends and I are like that alot except the subject tends to be diffrent and not something I can post about.

Anyways, Wilf, GRADE 5?! Dang, that has to be HARD. I am in orchestra and I think the grading level is the same. If it is, I feel bad for whoever is playing that! We played a grade 3 for a competition last year and we got 1st out of a whole bunch of MS and HS. It was an awesome peice called Mantras.

WE HAVE ALL OF NEXT WEEK OFF!!! YYYYEEEESSSS!! I am gonna go to my grandparents house Wends! Yah, and if I do get ont he compy it will be at like 2ish in the morning...

Ugh, I have to write a research paper (4 1/2 pages) over break though.. Ah well.

I LOVE UR PIC BIW! Jeez, I wish I could draw..

*huggles all* Well, I think I will be in chat for a few minutes so, COME! ttyl ppls! Neets
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Nita: I think the grade system runs differently... this was grade V with the ABRSM, which is considered fairly hard, but hugely so. I did Grade V on piano when I was 14, which is about average. One grade per year is considered average progress, though some people will be faster (like three in two years), especially with the early grades. Note that the grade exams are primairly for solo performers.
                    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• I don't even have any grades in piano...I just play music.

I like that my piano teacher does that though, it got annoying playing out of books with stupid songs it's more fun to play anything you want. I seriously need to practice a lot though. I haven't been doing much of that lately.
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• lol, thanks neets. I wish I could draw too...

OK, now could someone please tell me what's up with tui and rysade? I've obviously missed it.

Comment

• Oh, you sure can draw Saphira!

Z, I guess it would be alot better playing like that. I dont play piano though.. I think it would be intristing to do so though. I didnt know you played Wilf!

I play Viola and I wasent even in a 1/2 in 6th grade. I am in 8th now and last year when I was in 7th we played a grade 3...

Anyways, its a chat party and there is only 3 ppl there, including me! COME PPL!!
                          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                          **Neets**
                          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Originally posted by nitafan211:
                            Anyways, its a chat party and there is only 3 ppl there, including me! COME PPL!!
                            *Sigh* I was there, but Chime seems to have dropped me without any message, so I didn't see you or anyone else in the window . And I suppose I didn't show up in yours.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• No, I can't draw. I didn't draw the moon. I made it on photoshop with the wonderful circle marquee tool, the shift key, several shades of blue, and some weird texture I found. I can't draw for my life.

Comment

• Rad, R&G Are Dead is only easy to get if you know Hamlet and Waiting for Godot. Otherwise, it's just very silly.

What cracked me up is that I once went to a play called Fortinbras, written by Lee Blessing, that started with an R&GAD reference...

I think The Real Thing, Hapgood, and Arcadia are all much easier to get than R&GAD. I especially like that Hapgood uses Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, and that Arcadia uses fractals and chaos theory as metaphors.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X