The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gryphon said:
    PM just doesn't get it. Hopeless; there's nothing you can do.
    Yes! Result!
    Ah, but you haven't mastered the art of putting several in a row at the end of one sentence. And I doubt anyone could overcome Fox with his exclamations after every sentence.
    No, true. Fox, you always sound as if you're shouting. Oh, and !!!
    What, your country never had pilgrims who didn't know how to make popcorn? Must be pretty lame.
    No, no pilgrims. Well, there's St Augustine in the um, seventh century or whatever, but he just built a cathedral at Canterbury and said "Whee, I'm the first-ever archbishop of Canterbury!" And I've got a popcorn maker in the kitchen. It's shaped rather like a cartoon duck.

I think Patrick Troughton started the jelly babies in Doctor Who.

*ponders starting the Not A Member of VGDawn Foundation or NAMVF*
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I've thought of another foundation, also perfect for Gryph: The ATQFF (Abuse the Quote Function Foundation)!! And how about a AUTMEPF (Always Use Too Many Exclamation Points Foundation)!! For Fox! Haha, it's late at night and I have no clue what I'm doing! Maybe I'll make a STMFF (Start Too Many Foundations Foundation)!
      Okay, I'll stop now.

Whee, I died miserably on my Latin Quiz! (Not the same as a test, we have quizzes every week and tests every few months.) And I have Spanish tomorrow,and I forgot my homework again. Well, more like it's solid review I already know and it's boring, and I've been putting it off. *Dies*

I don't know what our popcorn maker is shaped like. But it's not shaped like a duck.

Comment

• HA HAH! Custom Avies!!

I think I might be BACK.

SOOO... Is there a Lurker Foundation?

Comment

• PM:
          Yes! Result!
          *sigh* Looks like I've given up on you. [or so she says...]

wildflower:
          I've thought of another foundation, also perfect for Gryph: The ATQFF (Abuse the Quote Function Foundation)!!
          *dies laughing*
          Hehehehe.... lurvs the quoties

wildflower:
          I don't know what our popcorn maker is shaped like. But it's not shaped like a duck.
          Our popcorn maker is shaped either like the microwave (or maybe it IS the microwave) or a big pot thing. Depends on who's making it.

*blinks at wolffish avie* New memb-- RYSADE!!! *tackles*
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hey im kinda new here.
            My popcorn maker is shaped like a chicken its pretty cool. Does anyone like anyother books besides young wizards (#1 on my list) like harry potter, lord of the rings etc. well i gotta head of to school!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD EATING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
            EMILY

Comment

• RYSADE!!! AAAAAAAAH! YOU'RE BACK! *huggles* Yay! Now we just have to find Tui!

Ahhh...nothing new in my world....except I got this really funny forward...it's kinda antiBush but it's really funny...disclaimer: I'm not trying to offend anyone I promise!

Dear President Bush,
              Congratulations on your election victory and for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you and understand why you would propose and support a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage.

Ever since you said "in the eyes of God marriage is based between a man a woman", I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can.

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an
              abomination. End of debate.

However, I DO need some advice from you regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how best to follow them.

1.) Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend
              of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2.) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3.) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev.15:19-24). The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4.) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5.) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6.) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev.11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7.) Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8.) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9.) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10.) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
              made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them
              (Lev.24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev.
              20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Sign here:__________________________________
              *Ella*
              "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
              There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
              And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
              What could mean more than this?"
              --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Everyone!!!
                Go to this sight! Its really cool...

http://www.forumhell.com/23631.htm

Comment

• Lol Ella! That's very. . .interesting. . .

Dai Emily! You're like the fourth Emily we've gotten in the past month. . .*Confusing!!* Now we need to think of nicknames for you all. . .I'm wildflower, by the way. Ignore the numbers.
                  There's a Books thread in Chatter 2, if you want to talk about books. This is mostly the thread for random, occasionally we stay on topic for more than three or four posts. But yes, I like books. A lot. Mostly fantasy and science fiction.

I love the custom avie thing. I think I'm going to change my avie again, soon, but I'll probably change it back. This is fun. . .

I need to make a UTMTF(Use Too Many Things Foundation).

Weird link, leah. . .

Comment

• Oh hehehehe hahahaha....

I did 'Nella's (Leah, for newbies; she likes to be called Chikanella [which means 'little brat'] or Nella for short) site.

*dies laughing* For number two I wrote 'Sharky.'

*fumming* I wrote down evil Joe in number seven. I HATE Joe. Hate, hate, hate that shallow, self-obsessed, uncaring FREAK. RAHHHH

I won't say which forum member I put down for number four, but it's pretty true. Not as in someone I like like as in bf/gf, but someone I care about as a friend. 3 and 4 were the only spots I put YW forum members in.

I put 'Aisha' in number 5. As if she knows anything about me...

Kate is my lucky star? WTF, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. *shrugs* These chains are pretty amusing.

Hehehe. Place for my Head is Sharky's song. *blinks*

The title for 9 is the song for person seven!/ In The End and evil Joe!? It's doing the same thing!!!!!!! Gahhhhh.

Numb shows my mind? A different linkin park song would be more appropriate. ((I am listening to linkin park as I do this))

Numb and 1Stp Klsr show how I feel about life. Interesting. I've become so contradictory and blood is pouring. Wonderful.

Heyyy, another new member! Welcome, Emily B. Uhhh... we have two new emilys. I'll call you EB, then.

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Even those pilgrim deprived people. Pitty you, yesh, yesh. We had an insane number of parties today. I came home stuffed, but I didn't bring any food.

Oh, oh, books. I'm reading Dragon Riders of Pern, and I'm loving it. If you're into insanely long books, EB, I'd try Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. (It's a trilogy rivaling Lord of the Rings in length)

Ella... hehe. It makes no sense.

Nothing wrong with posting about Books in the topic of great randomness. b nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbb
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I"M AT HOME!!! It's going a lot better than I thought...I'm not supposed to be on here right now...*looks around* I'm just dropping in...
                      ~Rachel

Comment

• I'm not telling what I put on the numbers. . .

I didn't say you couldn't talk about books here, I just meant that of you want the topic to stay on books for more than a few posts you'd be better off in the Books topic.

Happy Thanksgiving. . .Isn't that tomorrow though? Or did I miss something. . .

A whole post without making a foundation!

Comment

• *frowns* Ella, I know you weren't trying to offend anyone or anything, and I'm not offended. However, all that slavery stuff had to do with the time they lived. And all of that was taken from the Old Testament. The laws and such were changed when Jesus came. That's my opinion on matters, of course.

Anyways. I was randomly singing "I'm truly sane," to the tune of that the wicked with is dead song in the Wizard of Oz. I did bad on my model for ICP. *sigh* This time, I really mean bad. Ah well, it won't affect my grade too much. I like insanely long books! Well, about 600 pages, if that's extremely long. I'm on the eighth Wheel of Time book right now, The Path of Daggers. It's really really good! Excepts some of the characters are acting like total idiots, but that's ok. ...da da the witch is dead the witch is dead the witch is dead da da the wicked witch is dead... Oh no! Now it's stuck in my head!
                          <3
                          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Noo! It's the Wizard of Oz song. . .*dies* And I don't think anyone here is really sane. But at least you occasionally admit you're insane, not like MKJ. . .I've only just figured out that this is Sharky.

I think I'll make a CMATMTF (Change My Avie Too Many Times Foundation)! If I keep going like this I'll run out of room in my siggy. . .

For Thanksgiving we're making Chocolate Pecan Pie. Mmmmm. . .

Comment

• Wildflower I love your avie. Please no change.

*HUGGLES RYSADE!* PLEASE BE BACK!!!!!

Okay Gryph needs to chill out on the large posts...*tries to make computer screen grow*

School=not fun.

4 days off and homework in every subject?! teachers! Stop the Madness!!!
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• No change which one, the one I just changed it to or the old one? I'll change it back. . .
                                Die Poot!
                                *Searching for other things to say*

Oh yes! Llama song! I found this really neat link somewhere, hang on. . .
                                Llama Song!! It's so incredibly random. Watch it now! *Dies laughing*

I'm really bored. Every other post is mine. . this is bad.

Gryph just uses the enter key a lot. The posts aren't really THAT long. . .
                                The MILPFF (Make Incredibly Long Posts Forever Foundation)!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X