No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG. Now I'm obsessed with Fruits Basket. It's all Lissa's fault. KYO IS SO CUTE! (and so is yuki but...) KYO IS SO CUTE!!!

My friends are trying to make me go to one of our lame school dances. (she has someone to go with though.) Should I go? even if it is lame? I don't think I will...I'll just go to 9th grade formal.

OMG you guys I'm nobody. I seriously am. In home ec we're studying 'ourselves' and I've figured out that I'm nobody. Our goal in earthly life and spiritual life is to reach nirvana but...I haven't even got past the third step. (Find your talents and work on them=admiration.) Maybe one of my friends can help me with my talents.
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Actually, E, I don't think it's by the post, so much as by bandwidth, judging from this old post of Lee's, from about two years ago, when we were in the middle of the worst of the one-liner stuff.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• Diego:
          I'm in a private christian jesuit school that's full of...[people].
          *raises eyebrows* You are? So am I. Hmmm...

You'd think that at a Jesuit high school (this is my hs) that people wouldn't cuss so much. Or at least the teachers. I've learned the hard way that you don't want an irritated Jesuit roaring down your neck. My teachers are funny. They give lots of prize quotes:

(My Latin teacher)"You know, Yhizuo, I think it might have been better if you had never been born."

(My English teacher)"...But you're not sorry for being born, and that's what I want."

(My Ethics teacher) "No, sharky, it is not unethical to give false answers on a true-or-false reading quiz."

(My English teacher) "Are you sure English is your first language?"

(My Math teacher) "Not to be down on you guys--you're all pretty smart--but, you don't hold a candle to me."

*snicker* One you adjust to the warped sense of humor here it's lots of fun.

(Added)
          *reads top ten in "Random Thoughts..."*

GAH! Just when I was able to put the upcoming book to the back of my mind after having read those excerpts! I'm about to go crazy (don't start Wf, Gryphon) with anticipation.
          ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
          +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Sharklord --> LMAO my school is almost the same as yours. Except my english teacher is a total idiot... to the point where she doesn't talk because she forgot how.
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Ahhh! It's my last day of freedom!!!! Well, not really. It's the last day that I get to be alone at home in a long time, though. When I go back to school it will be...well, school. Tomorrow is Saturday, so everyone will be home, so I prolly won't get to do too much. And then I have to pack and stuff too. *sigh* On a better note, I found some old MS DOS games that I used to play (like at school and stuff) and I put them on my jump drive. I downloaded "Bolo Adventures", "Chip's Challenge", and "Secret Agent Man: the search for red rock rover" (or something like that, all I really know is the secret agent man part). I also copied paragon from this comp onto my jump drive. The thing with paragon is that it takes a long time to get into it. You have to keep clicking on it like 50 times or something to start it. But I'm still happy anyway. I have to go start packing soon b/c otherwise my mom will say I just sat around all day (which I have been doing) and she'll get mad.
              ~Rachel

Comment

• I copied the ten quotes into a text file, and I've put down who I think said seven of them, so I can check when I read the book. Though I suppose putting two possibilities down for two of them is cheating.
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Hey, guys. I created a W@W thread on DD's top ten so we can talk about it over there, where it probably belongs.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• That's a good idea, PM....*goes off to do it herself*

Okay, that's the last comment I'll make on that....

....except that I'm dying in paroxysms of fan agony from #8. Augh! How could you do this to us, DD?!

I have my first All-State Chorus rehearsal tomorrow! The downside is that it starts at 8:30, when, on a normal Saturday morning, I would still be sleeping. At least I don't have to worry about play rehearsals this weekend...although our stage manager has hinted that this may be the last free weekend we get in a while...
                    *Ella*
                    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                    What could mean more than this?"
                    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• If I'm not on a whole lot, don't blame me... I have finals, and I'm currently going through a really really really depressing point in my life... IM me or e-mail me if you want to talk, but I'm not going to post about it here, because I don't want to get myself or anyone else in trouble.

~Art
                      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• I must be psychotic. I let my new grad school advisor (who didn't know me from Jack, and spoke with me for all of 8 minutes) talk me into taking 2 classes next semester. On top of working full-time.

OUr head librarian is presently out on extended sick leave, so everyone has been accordingly bumped up one level of responsibility. On the good side, I'm getting some practice in being a children's librarian, which is my present carrer choice in librarianship. On the down side, I have to worry about the mess my replacement is leaving for me; there are times I swear she doesn't have the sense Deity gave a cat.

*beats head against convenient cement pillar*
                        "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• [goes to duct-tape a pillow around meteorite's pillar at head-level.]

There, there. Can't you change your mind about the classes up until the time you have to pay the bills?

Sorry about inheriting a mess, though. That's never fun.

Comment

• Mom'll scan a few of my pictures at my sacrafice. I don't know why, but I have a thing against showing what I draw to my parents. Possibly because of the way mom takes it... Earlier I told her two, but now I have four finished pictures, and they're all dragons. I haven't drawn dragons in forever, but I've never drawn ones like these before ever.

If you ever get a chance, check out Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child!
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *ponders* I really need to change my avie... I wasn't online yesterday. *sigh* I was only home for a little bit, 'cause after school I had Academic Team, then I had to go to my friend's church to help out with these small children things. I was only home for around an hour before I left, and when I got back I had to get to bed.

This one little kid...*shakes head* He said I needed face surgery and that he would pray for my face. At the moment, I was about to commit infanticide, or whatever it is. Then this little girl, Jennifer, asked the teacher if she could get a drink and took me with her. She told me she didn't like it when the *coughstipididioticmostannoyingsmallchildrenonthep lanetcough* were laughing at me. *grin* She's a sweetie.

My poochie is acting...strange. She's carryin' around this stuffed furry bone that's almost as big as herself. She loves that thing. Sara also thinks that anything in the basement belongs to her. I wuv my puppy. *huggles puppy*

My dad brought all this random Target stuff home. I'm gonna give it to Lovebird, who's obsessed with Target. *glares at Lovebird* She hasn't been on in _forever_.
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Gryphon, have you ever seen Lela Dowling's dragons? She once did stories in a comic book that DD wrote stories for (The Dreamery).

Comment

Working...
                                X