The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *looks at member family tree*

Hey! Wf did it! Thanks for making one up, even though there seems to be a problem with the labeling under my name. Skit--Gryphon's is correct though. We already know who's the father of all of us! PM, not PM, PM, but DD's husband PM. So if you want, you can go ahead and put him in.

Did I really miss that much of Togr?! I'll go read it eventually, I suppose...
    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Originally posted by sharklord:
      PM, not PM, PM, but DD's husband PM.
      heh heh heh

i like that one

vv
      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• Woops, Tennis Shoes, not Tennish Shoes.

Gigo:
        Paul Martin? Private Messaging? Peter Murray?
        Eh... try DD's husband, Peter Morwood.

Geos class rocked my so awesome socks! We didn't do anything, but KE went to the front of the room and wrote out our exercise schedule. Lemme see if I can remember it...

Something like:
        10 Jumping Jacks
        <STRIKE>1</STRIKE>60 push-ups (More like A wrote 6 over the 1)
        2 Crunches
        28 More Crunches
        10 second breather
        2 Hugs
        <STRIKE>mile</STRIKE> <STRIKE>1</STRIKE> 1/5 lap around the room

Oh, and Gigo, thanks for the plushie. I just came back to chat.

Gryphon you have no idea what i did
        frostykitten_13 you ran around the house?
        Gryphon i put whipped cream on ice cream and ate all of it
        Gryphon ooo, way wayyyy too much sugar
        Gryphon i did that too
        Gryphon
        frostykitten_13 silly bunny
        Gryphon but the running around the house vcaame firstsat
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *sigh* About Terry Schiavo... *sighs again* I don't really know what to think. Truly, if that was me, I wouldn't want to "live". I somewhat sympathize with the husband as well. In any case, the government getting involved is just...scary. I mean, this could just be the first step of destroying the principles upon which this nation was built.

Gryph: You're a bunny now? Heh.

The beta field trip was funfunfun! I love working outside, so long as I don't have to do it. I'm a rebellious soul. Heh. Anyways, we picked up big pieces of bark and branches and stuff in the yard around the Nunnlea House or whatever it's called. My friend found a bull. As in, the big cow with horns. Well, it was a picture of one, anyways.

Oh no! I have gotten soo behind on dragonmount. *hits head on wall* At least there's no school tomorrow. Ow. I just cracked my back. *stretches* That's better. *sits up straight*

I bowled terribly. I mean, terribly. I think my final score was less than 70... *grin* That's fine. I got a Dr. Pepper, cherry coke, and nachos! One of my friends thinks that melted cheese is scary and... *searches for word* ...I think she said "unnatural". She edged away from my nachos.

*is wondering what else to talk about* I can't think of anything... *is a ghost*

Oh oh oh oh! *jumps up and down* We were getting a movie at Blockbuster and this guy from my school came in and he was right beside me but he didn't even see me! *growl* I can't help it. I just DON'T go up to people I don't know very well and say "hi" or anything, but he could've at least noticed me in some way. I mean, at school he's loud enough. Nobody but my friends and one of my teachers even realize that I can babble and shout and be loud and obnoxious just like everyone else! *steams*

Alright. *breathes* Now that I've got that out of my system. Oh oh oh! *bounces more* On Thursday, the seventh and eighth grade band is going to KMEA (whatever that stands for...I've got no clue). The bus leaves the school at 7:15 am, so I'll have to get up before 6:00 am, most likely. *wails* I usually get up around 6:30. I miss Algebra, History, and Language Arts. I like those classes... Well, I don't like the subject of Algebra, but the class is nice. *sings* x equals the opposite of b, plus or minus the square root of b squared minus four a c, all over 2 a. */sings* We're doing the quadratic formula, so my teacher taught us to sing it to "pop goes the weasel". lol. We were freaking out seventh graders on the bus when we sang it.

Wow. This is a semi-long post. A really long one for me... *bounces insanely*
          <3
          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• When did I become a parrot? Not that I dislike parrotness, and I'm honored to be considered part of the YW family, but I just didn't know where that came from. And why isn't M on there? I know she doesn't come on very much anymore, but she should be Tui's sister or something like that. They acted like it with their posting war thing. Sibling rivalry.
            Oh, and sorry about being possesive of the funfuns. They're just kinda my special...obsession.
            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
            I promise not to funfun anymore
            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• I would just like to say that last weekend my favorite musicals composer, Stephen Sondheim, turned 75. And there's been a tremendous amount of cool stuff in consequence, most particularly the wall-to-wall Sondheim concert in New York last Saturday (12 straight hours of B'way's finest performing a ton of his music).

If you like musicals, you might want to check some of his stuff out. My favorite is probably A Little Night Music, but probably the best show to start with is Into the Woods.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *replying to various people who replied to the Terry Schiavo case* This is what I like about meeting other people. You can show me points of view other than my own. At first, I sided with the parents, but after reading your posts, I agree with the husband. She probably wouldn't want to live like that. You can barely even call it living. (Why is the Oath running through my head right now? "I will guard growth and ease pain. I will fight to preserve what grows and lives well in its own way; nor will I change any creature unless its growth and life, or that of the system of which it is part, are threatened, or threaten another. To these ends, in the practice of my Art, I will ever put aside fear for courage, and death for life, when it is right to do so...") No, I wouldn't like her to die, but in this case, this is the time when it's NOT right to put aside death for life. It's just a difficult choice. If she wanted to live, though, that would be a problem...she couldn't tell us if she did or not.

Several other people mentioned the tiny little EXTREMELY disturbing fact that the government is passing laws that apply to specific people. This is wrong. Very wrong. It is not, in my opinion, right, nor is it constitutional.

Angel_Star
                  In any case, the government getting involved is just...scary. I mean, this could just be the first step of destroying the principles upon which this nation was built.
                  Exactly! Which is why this matter has gotten so much notice. The government should not EVER, under ANY circumstances, pass laws that limit one person's actions. This is very bad. It also reminds me of something I read on a site somewhere...

"If pro is the opposite of con, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Hehehe. Just a random quote.

Gryph
                  Woops, Tennis Shoes, not Tennish Shoes.
                  Yes! You're right! *attempting to think up more*

Angel Star (again)
                  One of my friends thinks that melted cheese is scary and... *searches for word* ...I think she said "unnatural". She edged away from my nachos.
                  That sure describes the nacho cheese at our school. It often has been sitting out for a long time, because I have the last lunch, so it forms a slimy layer on top that you can peel off. Scary. The same thing happens with potatoes and gravy. And anything else that's semi-liquid.
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• For some reason, I didn't really like the family tree made up by Sharky and WF. It didn't make enough sense somehow. Like how PM was Sharky's son. Anyway, I remade it and am now posting it. If anyone doesn't like it, I'm sorry, I just thought I might give another version. I might have missed some people so anyone I forgot is welcome to say so and I'll add them.

Family Tree
                    "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• TENNIS SHOES IS THE RIGHT ANSWER! I remember it now, of course.

And I totally agree about not having governmental involvement in the Schiavo thing, as well.

And, hey, Gibby, you're playing LOTR- is it the stuff written by Howard Shore for the movies? Because the NZSO played that conducted by Shore himself, and I went and it was great (also, star spotting, PJ was there plus some others... ) but OMG Shore can't conduct. In fact, he's so bad that a joke went around the Wellingon music community:
                      Knock Knock.
                      Who's there?
                      Howard.
                      Howard Who?
                      Howard Shore like it if he'd give us the downbeat...

*laughing*

And hey, ella, 'sup??

Also, HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE if you celebrateit, and HAPPY LONG CHOCOLATE WEEKEND to everyone else. (Hey, I'm not early, it's fully Good Friday here.)
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Sunstar:
                        For some reason, I didn't really like the family tree made up by Sharky and WF. It didn't make enough sense somehow. Like how PM was Sharky's son. Anyway, I remade it and am now posting it. If anyone doesn't like it, I'm sorry, I just thought I might give another version. I might have missed some people so anyone I forgot is welcome to say so and I'll add them.
                        Sunstar was miffed at Sharky and WF in the chat. But see, Sharky is PM's father! In the way that what's his name -- oh Darth Vader -- is ((why am I thinking of french fries?)) Luke's father. It's an injoke. *huggles genderless ghost*

And PM is a powerplayer at heart.

*huggles Gibby*

The guy who might be our replacement bus driver went on and on about how smart people wear glasses and how they're always thinking. Then he pointed at Aisha, who was reading a Manga, and said, "look, she's wearing glasses and she's reading. They always have to be doing something intellectual, you know?" D & I were cracking up, but I don't think he noticed. Aisha had no idea what was going on.

No school. No school no school no school! AHAHAHA. And I think I might go to karate tonight. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in togr before, but I hae a couple of times in chat, but I've never gone to karate on a Friday because that was "competition night." Really what they meant was kumite night, and it was still a class like the other days.

And one person printed out a lot of papers about what level a person should be at when they reach a certain belt or a certain belt + stripe. It also had some of the kihones (I still don't know how to spell that) and their spelling, etc. Like neko ashi dachi. Only, you don't say it like it's spelled...

Gibby, make flash cards for spanish.

I don't think the government should have bothered. This case is a big issue, but there's not a good reason for them to step in.

Easter to me means chocolates and hard boiled eggs. I love hard boiled eggs.

I know we don't all do Easter, but how about having members submit easter eggs and make a picture out of it? Like we did for the Christmas tree?
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Sunstar: Is Lovey in your tree? I didn't see her...

Easter egg hunting is fun!! I have a six-year-old brother, so I get to go Easter egg hunting every year. (Though I prob'ly would have begged too without him... ) CANDY!!! *bounces around insanely*

This is really short, but I must depart... *wanders away* *huggles to everyone*
                          <3
                          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Yes, I forgot Lovey. I'll add her in but I'd like to know if I missed anyone else before I put it up again. Just tell me who is missing at some point today and I'll put it up tonight.

Poot is evil, don't let him get you too.
                            "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• No, Birdhead, these are not the songs from the movies. These were written back in 1988, by someone that I cannot pronounce his name right. They are still fun to play, but are different from what I am use to. They are really, really hard to play.

And to Gryphon about the flash cards, I have tried that and it does not help either. I think I have tried every known way of preparing for that class known to mankind, but it does not help. I just trudge on through it as best as I can.

For those that care, and if it worked, I have finally updated my Avatar. It only took me what, 2 months??? Anyway, if it is there, then you can see it. If not, it is my avatar with some bunny ears on and an egg behind him. It was not hard to make, I just never remembered to work on it. Oh well.
                              "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Tui-I'm so majorly jealous of you. You seriously got to see them? Why doesn't anybody interesting ever come to where I live?
                                Actually, scratch that, they do. I SAW TERRY PRATCHETT YESTERDAY! He was SO funny. He was talking about The Mall of America, and he said it was like hell if they couldn't find the matches.
                                About the family tree-again, why am I a parrot? Everybody else kinda has their injokes I guess, but I have no idea how I became a parrot. Does anyone else know?
                                The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                                I promise not to funfun anymore
                                Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X