No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I was worried about you. I didn't know if you were serious or what. I don't know...

Don't hurt yourself.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I'm ecstatic.

Ah, yesterday was the best day of my life. It is.

First, I got to chat with DD for the first time. Even if it was for only five minutes.

Then, I went to Borders, which is a pretty rare event, seeing as we normally go to either Barnes & Noble or Waldenbooks, which I don't have giftcards to/have no selection.
      At Borders, as soon as I walked in the door, I was dumbstruck. I saw THE book. I nearly screamed. THE book: Star Wars Episode III-Revenge of the Sith.

Then, since it's the most awesomest bookstore in the world, I went to the CD section. (This store rocks. It has a CD section, a movie/DVD section, a cafe, a good Young Adult selection, and so much more.) I bought...the Wicked CD! So cool!

And you know what else? They had these super-advanced lightsabers there. But they cost $100, so we didn't get one.

There's more! I got Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, a novel by...someone. I don't know.

I also got...(my hands are shaking with excitement)...Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception!!!! Haha! Yes! I have it!

The other books I got were: Yu-Gi-Oh manga #5, the Hidden Land by Pamela Dean, and Dragonlance: The New Adventures- #2.

I'm just so happy! I've already decoded up to page 19 in decoding the lines at the bottom of the pages in The Opal Deception.

I'm currently listening to Wicked. As I have for the last three hours.

And today, I went to a board game night over at the library. Funfun! Only four people showed up; all four are on the Teen Advisory Board, and the only two who were there the whole time were the Editor and Co-Editor (which is me).XD There was an 11-year-old who was there because her dad was supplying the games. We played a game called "The Killer Bunnies-Search for the Magic Carrot." I'm serious. I won! Then we played "Labrynth Maze" or something like that. Lastly, we got to try out a game that one of the people from the Gaming Association was making! He had this rule sheet and everything! It was fun! All of us were hyper, because there was like tons of candy. And soda.
      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Hey Lisa! I was at Borders recently too, (two days ago) and I looked at one of the same BOOK as you! No, not really, but the same series. I read through Yugioh manga #7, not #5.... Oh well, that's only two numbers away! And I didn't buy it like you did... Then I read some more manga, but it was my second favorite anime, Inuyasha. They were in color for some reason, and it was very different from the usual shades of gray and black and white. So yeah... I was at Borders for a REAL long time, probably longer then however long you were there, and I didn't even buy anything.

I read the first book in the series by Pamela Dean that you mentioned. I believe that "the Hidden Land" is the second book, and I want to know it's good. I wasn't sure if I should bother finishing the series or not.

Ahhhh! My penpal from France is coming to stay at my house for ten days, arriving on wednesday! I've never even met her before, only written letters and emails... this is so scary! Ahhhhhhhhh! Anyone here really great in French, any advice, I definately need help reviewing! (Just kidding... though I DO need to practice heck of alot... I'm sooo unprepared) I think that I only signed up for this program to go to France this summer with school-friends for almost a month. But who cares about THEN?? The present if more worrying. NOW, I'm frieking out....

My siggy for this week:
        Excursions and exchange program-like things are SCARY!!

Comment

• I cracked open the window and just breathed the air in for a while. So I pushed it as high as it could go.

Feels like spring.

Careful not to step on Skittles who was sleeping in the window's sunlight, I hopped out of my room and outside.

It hadn't rained today or yesterday, but it rained so much before that that the yard is one soggy mess. In some places, there's no grass, just mud. So I ran around the yard, and Sparkle came trotting up like she always does. Sweet kitty. I tossed a few spikey balls for her to chase and then started pulling up wild onions. They're all over. They're fun to pick up because of how they grow in clumps. There were little onions hanging on the bottom.

The bottom of my pants are a mess. Doesn't matter -- I ran all over, and that'll make it up for any mud stains.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Heyy! *bounces around the room then falls asleep* *snores* Well, I'm at my aunt's house so I can't talk much, but anyways... I missed the chat! *sobs* Hopefully I won't miss the next one.

I'll talk more when I get home on Wednesday. Toodles for now. *huggles from the family guardian*

OoOo. Gigo: You will pay one day.
            <3
            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• *sigh* People are worried about me.

Don't worry about me.

I'll be fine.

Be a good kitty and just nuzzle. I'm trying to get help, Gryph.
              "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
              "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Dai everyone! I am just here for a sec.. At school. I will hopefuly be coming back soon! I cant wait, I HAVE MISSED ALL OF YOU! Well, those that I know For those who dont I'm Nita. Used to come on here alot but im grounded. I will be back though!@ Okay, gatt go. Love yall!
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                **Neets**
                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Heyy, NITAFAN!!! *huggles* I've been missing you.

I'm glad, Art. *huggles*

Yayayayayaya. Oh, and you're still a member at VGDawn, Nita. The layout has been changed, and I have a "who's online" box.

Comment

• Neets! *tackles* Welcome Back! wow, you do seem to get grounded alot, anyway, come join us <STRIKE>scaring the newbies</STRIKE> as soon as you can, I think you've missed out on about 50 pages of the TOGR... wow thats daunting.

Well I haven't posted here for a couple of days, I haven't even read this for a couple of days - and there's only like three posts to read in TOGR. I guess that it will pick up when you guys are on holidays.

My life is getting better - well socialwise anyhow. The people I've met at Uni, its really scary, because we all like the same things and are sort of normal When I say sort of normal, its sort of normal in comparison to some other people I know who like the same stuff. Sarah is even more scary. We were talking on MSN at one stage just going through the list of stuff that we like/tv shows we remember/ stuff that we have done, and we're like <STRIKE>evil</STRIKE> twins or something.

Today were nicking off down to the lake with our musical instruments - we're all high school musos too - and mucking around for a while. It should be fun Disney music and HP music

Assignment wise Uni is getting better too. The tutorial sheet that I thought I failed on, I actually got a high pass (which is the best mark by the way) and this next sheet, I can actually do!!! And my current maths assignment is really easy too

Ok, I need some ideas for a mask that would be realitvely easy to make. MedSoc's (MEDieval SOCiety) may ball is coming up and its a masquerade. I have a dress that I borrowed off a friend, its purple, and I will post a pic when I get one, but I need an idea for a mask. The theme is myth and legend, and any suggestions would be welcome.

Alla

Comment

• Woohhhooo, my parents said we get 1 1/2 hrs on the compy today! GUESS WHERE I'LL BE? Heh, I will get off and get back on at 7 my time so I hope I can see some of yall!

I'm glad your doing good, Alla! I guess I did miss alot.. I'm just glad yall are all still
                      here.

Oh, jeez, boy am I glad that I'm still a member.
                      Thanks. Shesh, I still owe big time to Sharky! (Where is he anyways? ) (( SHARKY!!))

Anyways, be back on later!
                      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                      **Neets**
                      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Earlier today I went outside for a while. The Azaleas are blooming, and I picked some of the bright pink kind.
                        Now I have a wine glass full of water and bright pink Azalea flowers on a shelf in my room.
                        I put a small branch of them behind my ear...
                        Mom said she thinks black and hotpink go well together.
                        My brother has started calling me "Hawaiian Computer Geek."
                        ...no comment...

Nita:
                        Dai everyone! I am just here for a sec.. At school. I will hopefuly be coming back soon! I cant wait, I HAVE MISSED ALL OF YOU! Well, those that I know For those who dont I'm Nita. Used to come on here alot but im grounded. I will be back though!@ Okay, gatt go. Love yall!
                        Nita!! HI!! *huggles*

Lisa:
                        I also got...(my hands are shaking with excitement)...Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception!!!! Haha! Yes! I have it!
                        AJSDKJhsdkJ!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS OUT!! *banghead*
                        Bad, very bad. I checked the libary page for North Carolina, and no, they don't have it. How did I know this would happen? ...And I had to go and check the library page for the extremely small town we go to for the summers, in upstate New York. Nnngghhhh.... They have everything.
                        Everything.
                        The library here has 11 entries for Diane Duane, and 37 for J. K. Rowling.
                        The one there has 64 entries for Diane Duane, and 46 for J. K. Rowling.
                        I want to go to New York.

Cress:
                        In other news, I'm going to Utah, so you people won't hear from me for a really long time. TA!
                        *huggles* Have fun!

Gryph:
                        Canyon is thoroughly pissed at me. I was petting her, but then she growled. So I picked her up. And carried her all the way up to my room where I tossed her up onto my bunk bed. She did a 180 to face me and tried to wack me with her paws. She spit at me too. So to get her back, I took out Green Day and put Chevelle in place. Then I turned it on all the way up. War with the messed up cat.
                        Hehe. Hehehe.
                        Our cat is sane. As far as I know, anyway, because I doubt she actually has anything resembling sanity after living in our house this long...
                        *huggles kitty* She was sick for a while, a few days ago. We had to get her out from under the bed, to give her the shots the vet gave us. Mom didn't want to use a broom handle to get her out, so she practiced violin instead. XD, it worked.

Alla:
                        ...come join us <STRIKE>scaring the newbies</STRIKE> as soon as you can,...
                        Who's been scaring the newbies? ...(*hides knife behind her back*)
                        *huggles newbies*

Comment

• Hey, guys! I am so excited b/c the chat works on this comp! It doesn't work on the one I usually use, but someone is sitting there now. I just got through the Class of Doom, where I had to give a speech. I think it went ok, several people were saying how great I was (personally, I think they are lying ) so anyway I am in class now so I need to pay attention...
                          ~Rachel

Comment

• The fact that it feels like spring only makes me want summer even more. The weather is great outside! When I came onto the bus, friends and I ran up and down the row, opening all of the windows. Then, when I got home, I tossed my books and backpack down, grabbed my book, and read up in the tree for a half hour to an hour. Sparkle even came up to visit me. She climbed all of the branches, then sat at a spot right below where I was (so I couldn't get down) and purred to herself. Happy cat.

Aiiee, four people in chat (besides me). I was going to leave and do history homework after this post, but I have to say hi first.

Ayayayya

Hehe. Hawaiian Computer Geek.

Comment

• Comment

• Heyy, everybody! I'm back! I've been in Arkansas, visiting family. It was fun, but I'm glad to be home. *huggles computer* We were able to see almost everybody, including our family friends that we've lost touch with. The only people we didn't see were my uncle (on my dad's side) and his family. We stayed with my dad's twin sister the longest. She has five cats... *huggles kitties* I wanted the one they're giving up, but NO, we can't get another cat, that'd be replacing Stripe, and anyways we don't need any more animals, Sara should be enough for you blah blah blah. *sulks*

THE EVIL SNAKE HAS RETURNED! Actually, I think it's the evil snake's evil twin. It seems to have brighter coloring. *looks around* Shhh.... Don't tell them that I know their evil plans! *maniacal laughter*

*dances around* I'm going to D.C. on Tuesday! I get to wake up at three o'clock in the morning! *grumbles* I'm on the early flight, of course. I am NOT a morning person. At all. *more grumbling*

Wow. This post is a lot longer looking in here that on the WordPad.

Uh-oh. What's gotten my dad upset now? *ponders* I wonder if he lost something... Hm... *shrug* Not my problem. Oops. Now it is. He just picked up the phone, not knowing that I'm online. *hides* We really need separate phone lines or something. WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT NOISE!? *blushes* Oh. It's my Launchcast player thing... Now I feel stupid.

Junk mail, junk mail, junk, oh. Not junk. What does she want? *checks* I hope I'm not in trouble. Oh. I was sure I took myself off that site. *is confuzzled* No! Not now! *slaps computer* Well, there goes avidgamers.

Well, I better go try to catch up on everything I can. Toodles! *huggles all*
                                <3
                                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                                X