No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an edit. This is only an edit. Were this to be an actual post, text would be scrolling across the bottom of your screen.

Okay, truthfully this post is an edit, because apparently topics in the ToGR are supposed to be LONG! Honestly guys, there's know way I could have known that. Wildflower was all jumping over me, as if I'd defiled some sacred god. Really, that's interesting. But just, I think Wildflower wanted to jump all over me. If that's her perogative though, it's okay. Because Wildflower's cool with me.

But honestly, I don't know how you expect people expected me to magically know this. I mean, it is rather intimidating to come into here and see all these big posts, and honestly, did you expect me to read all of them? Well, Wildflower, I've got news for you! That simply just isn't in my good-souled but commonly mistaken nature.

Sure, I might be slightly offbase at times, and maybe I do push the line. But honestly, I can't believe I've just forgotten the point I was making. Crap.
    ---
    seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

• *points to Clone`s post* Weirdo. Funny, but a weirdo. A mega weirdo. Can`t believe I like him as much as I do. *starts singing* Me and Cloney, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G..... I`m going to go get some bacon now. Toodles!
      Edit: 472th page!
      "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
      Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

• Hye people!! Merry/Happy late Christmas! Or whatever u celebrate but I celebrate Christmas so I will put that. Hows it going? Hhaha and yall are right, Pops in TOGR is, like, NEVER. Anyways this will be a short post. (Clone, you can have short posts just dont make them one liners or Gryph will be all over u too. ; ) Although you can take on Diego's legacy of all his posts being oen liners..) I miss everyone here!! School has been busy. I took prep AP bio and im taking pre ap english and latin II this semester. hehe wish me luck! Anyways, yall have a good new years and I will try and come back soon!
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• AH! It's snowing for New Years! *is happy* Okay, so it's not sticking...but if the ground gets colder, it'll stick. It HAS to. I need snow.

Kaiba: yeah, DDR is awesome. I play it all the time now, which is sad. But it's too cold to go out running, and we don't have a treadmill or anything...so DDR is my exercise.

Wow...those are big snowflakes. They'd better start sticking soon. I love the snow.

Ah...I love New Years. Staying up late, eating lots...it's all good to me! I can read all the books that I got for Christmas that I haven't finished yet...or I could finish my homework, which is what my parents want me to do. No, I'm not going to do my homework on New Years Eve. I'll go play with my cousin's rabbit. He's cute. Hope he doesn't get maggots like her last one did...that was gross.

I'm in a random mood right now. I'm taking a break from Adv Algebra 2 homework. Right now, according to the online gradebook, I have a B- in the class...which sucks. I NEVER get anything lower than a B. NEVER. I know, I'm a bit obsessive, but...I don't do B-. My New Years Resolution this year is to concentrate more on my work, especially in Algebra 2. So, I guess I need to write that down somewhere so I don't forget it...

Oh yeah! Kaiba, my brother got one of those roboraptor thingys...it's funny. I don't think it likes me, as he keeps waking me up with it all the times of the morning...

Okay, random-ess post is going to end now, so I can go finish math homework. Adios, and Happy New Years!

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• *screams*NITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pleas e come back soon!!! I miss you a ton!!!! Go to chat it is fun in there!!! Well I just wanted to say that I had a great new years and to tell Nita "COME BACK TO CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

<3 Monkey AKA Monko, MonkeyGirl, Kate, and so on....

Comment

• Ah new years. a time when people set unrealistic and sometimes insine resolutions, only to be seting themselves up for a colosial falure when they are unable to achive the imposible or acasionaly the medicore. this year im incoriging people to try to stick to more realistic goals. Sucsess in the smaller things bilds confidence and ultimatly leads to a beter year.

On a lighter note, *toses confetti in the air*
              HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR
              (\__/) "Be amazing"
              (+'.'+)
              (")_(")

Comment

• I have something to get your mind off of 2006...a story sent to me by Azen!

----------A Woman and a Fork--------------

There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live.

Therefore, as she was getting her things "in order," she contacted her Pastor and had him come to her house to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes.

She told him which songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in.

Everything was in order and the Pastor was preparing to leave when the young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her.

"There's one more thing," she said excitedly.

" What's that?" the Pastor's reply.

"This is very important," the young woman continued. "I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand."

The Pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.

That surprises you, doesn't it?" the young woman asked.

"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request," said the Pastor.

The young woman explained. "My grandmother once told me this story, and from that time on I have always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement.

In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, ' Keep your fork.'

It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming ... like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with substance!

So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder, What's with the fork?'

Then I want you to tell them: ' Keep your fork, the best is yet to come.'

The Pastor's eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before her death.

But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge.

She KNEW that something better was coming.

At the funeral people were walking by the young woman's casket, they saw the cloak she was wearing, and the fork placed in her right hand.

Over and over, the Pastor heard the question, "What's with the fork?" And over and over, he smiled.

During his message, the Pastor told the people of the conversation he had with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to her.

He told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it either.

He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork let it remind you, ever so gently, that the best is yet to come.

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.

Show your friends how much you care. Remember to always be there for them, even when you need them more.

For you never know when it may be their time to "Keep their fork" Cherish the time you have, and the memories you share being friends with someone is not an opportunity but a sweet responsibility.

Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND even if it means sending back to the person who sent it to you.

And keep your fork

Comment

• I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. Dance Dance Revolution is pretty awesome, as far as awesome things go.

I guess I should start at the begining. No, I'm not going to get all "In the begining, God created the heavens and the earth." on you. Last September I went to visit a friend in Fort Riley, Kansas. We spent a lot of time off the military base, but still, even in Junction City and Manhattan there isn't much to do. We even went up to Kansas City, which was fun (and the fountains WERE rather pretty) but, for the most part, I started my journey into DDR.

The first night I got there, we went over to the local college for a party thing, and then after that, I saw someone actually play DDR for the first time. Since then, I've seen people a lot better, but it can be rather jaw dropping to watch someone break out in Standard when you've never seen anyone play before.

I didn't even bother playing that night, and so things progressed. Eventually I started on beginer, and it wasn't too bad. But I was far from good. Slowly I began to figure out simple tricks of movement and learned HOW to move my body in order to do the multiple steps.

I was still a begininer when I left, except for on Kick The Can, which is easily my favorite song, simply just because there is an extremly easy to follow beat.

Since I've left there and gotten my own, I've moved up from Light, to Standard, and now I can even pull heavy on several songs (Kick the Can included). I guess that makes me a seven. Maybe one day I'll be able to do the nine steppers. One day.

All this talk of DDR has made me want to play, though. *growls*

Edit: I'm still really new at this whole ToGR thing, hopefully this is better.
                  ---
                  seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

• I have Dance Dancer Evolution Extreme Ultramix 2 or something, I like it but I can't get past Light. XD
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Heyyyy alll! *huggles*

And hey again nita and Diego Haven't seen either of you in a while. *huggles*

All of Christmas break was great. We had the drama over the iPod from my brother -- both him and I got them (verrryyy expensive -- my parents put together money from a lot of relatives who didn't know what to get us and their own to pay for ours). My brother got a nano, and though they advertise it as holding 1,000 songs, they'd also have to be really low quality songs. Which means he can really only hold 200 or something or the quality I have. I didn't think he'd have a problem with it even then because he doesn't listen to as much music as I do. I got a video .

Imaginiff? Great game. Got a lot of spaz moments. You have eight subjects in the game, even if they're not playing, and the cards'll be something like, "Imaginiff ___ ran over a neighbor's cat. What would he/she do?" In the case of that one, we drew it for B, and some of the votes people tossed out were, "Buy a replacement and say nothing (... how can you do that?)" Lool.

As for music: I got "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" by Harvey Danger. It all sucks, 'cept for Flagpole Sitta. So don't buy it. The new Franz Ferdinand CD is AMAZING. All of it. It's my favorite. Rammstein? German industrial metal. AMAZING.

Monday was the first day back to karate in the new year, and we spent all class on side kicks. Sensei went wayyy overtime, and by the time class had ended, I was about to die, but I loved it anyway. We did all kinds of crazy stuff like trying to kick over a horizontal pole held at hip level or kick a plastic cup out of the air, along with drills. Side kicks are the hardest, but they're also the strongest (and they're the only kick you do NOT want to block).

Rabbits get maggots? Ewwwww....

Monko & Azen: awww, good story.

Umm... I can't get past beginner. :P My brother and BW are crazy at that game, and they've only just started. Part of that is because they were playing a game called flash flash revolution online, and it's the same, only you play with the arrow keys on the keyboard. It's much faster, but that's because you can react faster with your fingers than your feet.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• AH! I hate school so much. And I think my Adv Algebra 2 teacher is out to get me. Seriously. She's evil. And she thinks I'm an idiot. Grrr...I don't like math in general, and when I have a teacher who dislikes me and no friends in the class...let's just say it's a bit frusterating.

My dad had an operation last night. He just went in to the doctor for an exam of something, and he had to go get the thing on his leg drained or something, and he had to stay overnight in the hospital. It was a bit scary, because Mom told me on the way to go get pizza, and at first I was afraid she was going to say that he had cancer or something like that. I'm glad it's nothing that bad. I mean, it is bad and all, but it's nothing he should die from, so...yeah. And I had to give my teachers some excuses as to why I didn't do my homework last night. Second day back to school, and I'm already behind on work. Great.

I'm pretty good at DDR, or I was. I hadn't played it for a year, so I lost my skills. I can do light on most of the songs now-I haven't had much time to play, so there's no time to get better. I used to be able to do the highest level...gr. But it's still fun.

Basketball tonight. I don't know...I'm the fastest runner on the team, which is sad. I'm in the middle of the pack when I run for cross country or track, so it's strange to be the best at something for a sport. I've never even come close to being the best at part of a sport before. It's sort of weird. But my team's pretty nice. A bit airheaded sometimes, but nice.

Today at lunch, one of my friends brought in her science fair project to eat. She was doing some experiment with cookies, and she used different ingrediants instead of butter in them to see if it made a difference. The best ones were where she used coconut oil instead of butter. They tasted like coconut, and were better for you. I think I'll make some this weekend, because they were really really good. Yum.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Happy 12th day of christmas, everyone!
                          Or 6th day of january, if...yeah.

I haven't been on here in a while, but I was riffling through i-tunes, and saw the wizcasts and said "Hey! I haven't been on yw for a while!" So here I am.

Ooh, my dad's having an operation too. (Wow, isn't it great? We have something in common! Let's celebrate...or not.) Yeah, I'm feeling kind of sarcastic, et cetera today. Just ignore it, please. Anyway, he's getting his gallbladder removed sometime...had 2 gallbladder attacks in the past 6 months or so. So, yeah.

...And I have no idea why I'm posting this, because it doesn't say much of anything. But whatever.

-Emilie

Comment

• *huggles Emilie and Hungry about dads in surgery, and Hungry again about crappy teachers*

DDR....well, I've played it a few times at some friends' houses, but I'm sooo happy!! DDR3 came out for Xbox!! YESSSSS

sorry, spaz moment.

Man, I have like all these Irish folksongs stuck in my head such as "Riversong", " Scarborough Fair", "Wayfaring Stranger", and "Homeward bound". I have a CD of the von Trapp children (yes, that's right. Great-grandchildren of the origional Captian von Trapp [from the sound of music]). They were pretty good, and basically the nicest people I've ever met (I can't say kids cause they're basically all older than me).

I saw them preform like 2 weeks b4 Christmas, so it was really cool. In Bethlehem, no doubt, so that made it even cooler. Literally and figuratively in this sense.

WEll, School started Wednesday for me, and it sucked cause we already had 2 tests, I missed a day because I was sick (and kind of am still) again, and I had such a crowded schedule, it was amazing. And planned at the wrong time.

WEll, right now I'm feeling both hungry and queasy (stupid illness), so I'm gonna go eat sumthin then take a shower ( my hair is gross looking).

Leaving on a light note, I love my dog!!

Oh, and I might right a little later...me and my friend are writing a story, and I'm sooo excited! I've only done it once before with myy cousin, and it was a complete flop.

Yay for little white dogs that look amazingly like Pippin, Emilie's dog, , except with longer ears and a bit of poodle in them!!

*looks at post* wow I said good-bye like 8 lines ago...well good-bye, then!!
                            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Hi! Hi! Hi!

School is yuck. I don't like having to go back to school after two weeks of vacation. But then, who does?

So...why don't I like school? Math. Mostly. It's other things too (like my less-than-literate English teacher), but I'm _actually having trouble_ in math. I don't have trouble in school! I normally 'get it' right away, but now I'm *shudder* taking notes and *gasp* STUDYING! (This math-related panic is sponsored by my recent test and quiz grades - C+ on a test, and B-after-the-retake on a quiz.) Plus we have midterms coming up. Ew. It's Algebra 1 Honors, so we're doing direct variation, point-slope form, and most recently graphing inequalities.

All we've learned in Algebra is how to graph. Of course, it's how to graph a hundred different ways and with three-step formulas, but I keep myself sane by telling myself it's a graph. And word problems. I don't like the word problems.

English, today, was the most interesting class. Which is unusual, due to the fact that I'm in HONORS English, and our teacher forgets that HONORS should be harder than the regular class. Or at least more... intellectually focused.
                              Very long story short, a boy who I detest - and until now, has detested me as well - seems to be... imitating me. Reading what I read. Trying to get my attention by making a scene about the book he brought in - the same one I was reading yesterday. I normally wouldn't find that strange, but given our...history of mutual hatred, and his idiocy, there's no way he would've picked that book - Ender's Game - unless he was either a) trying to bug me or b) stalking me.

Yeah...Oh, I'm re-reading the entire Enderverse series. Fantastic books, focused a lot on characters and motivations, especially Bean's stories. I like how the main characters in Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow are - for the most part - under the age of ten, but they're as sophisticated as any grown-up, any adult I've met. I find myself comparing a six-year-old Bean to me, a 14-year-old girl. Now I think I have to buy Shadow of the Hegemon, just because those books are so good.

In other news, I bought some really good books (and got a few for Christmas). Here's a couple recommendations:
                              1. Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card
                              2. Poison by Chris Wooding (or Haunting of Alaizabel Cray. Both are absolutely thrillingly spooky.)
                              3. the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. They're completely nonsensical, but if you need a break from the "difficult" stuff, this is the series.
                              5. Hawksong/Snakecharm/Falcondance by Amelia At(oneword)water-Rhodes
                              6. House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

And where did four go? I dunno. Don't ask me. Four swam away to the Cheasapeake Bay.
                              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                              "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Hey pplz!

I would first like to thank Gryph for at least saying something about Azen and my story...

*finishes off PB&B&H (Peanut Butter & Butter & Honey) sandwich*

That was good...I recommend it without the butter though... I think I have seen people play DDR before at my band lockin and I was just in aww of a trombone player... Someone there had made a special pad that you could use shoes on and it seemed like real fun but I was just like "OMG I could never do that!" so I didn't dare try...I left it to the proffesionals.

School school school... I don't start school till the tenth...Happy Monkey... Somehow though I miss it kinda... I even made special covers to put on my binders! I dunno... *shakes head* I really should be asleep right now but, being a Monkey I don't think I want to go to bed quite yet...

I think I already said what I got for Christmas in an earlier post... I am having a tad bit of trouble thinking of what to say... *sigh*

I hate my new schedule...I want to drop out of Symphonic Band, but my mum won't let me though.... I never really went to the concerts for Marching Band so I don't think I am gonna go to them now I mean why should I if I haven't gone before right? Plus my teacher is a *cusses at top of lungs into a pillow*. Mr.Williams, my band teacher, even said that he would sign the papers and I was just kind of delighted that he said he would... But I think he would of kicked me out anyways... But knowing him he wouldn't've cause I am 1 of 2 baritone players and that means that the poor little baritone player will be all by himself... Poor wittle baby...Not like I care...

I also have gym...blech...I hate gym...

Well I will post again when I get back from school on the tenth on Jan. so cya later pplz!!

<3 The one, the only, MONKEY!!!*crowds go wild in the background*

Comment

Working...
                                X