No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeeeee! Internet's not busted!! WEll, sorta is, but I can use the upstairs computer now!! Yessss!!

YOu know, I was looking through this month's National Geographics magazine, and they had a whole buncha cool dinosaur stuff (heads up for Kaiba). It was like the Thesolasaur or something. It was crazy evil and one of it's fins were the size of a full-grown human being!!!! like woah dude! (and, really, I say that sometimes...its a habit...but I don't have that "stupid" accent) And there was the mesoasaur or somthing (I don't have the mag right now so bear with me) and it was vicious too! It was a cannibal!!

Sorry about rantage. Hah, sounds like something my friend would say.

Speaking of friends, I'm thinking of inviting one of my old friends over (I know, you're thinkin, how old of a friend be of a 12 year-old?) But I think we've known each other since we were like 3 or something. SHe lived up the street from my old house and we were as thick as theives. I don't get to see her too often anymore, like once a year so I think I'm going to invite her over or something. Like maybe we can go walk in the woods or something with my dad; that's always fun!

Speaking of woods, tell me what you guys think: I'm doing this project, just for myself, in the woods. I have "picturesque views" in like 3 parts of the woods. I'm going to take my mom's old camera and walk in the woods every weekend for a year. Now one week, I'mm walk in one part of the woods and take pictures. The next week, the 2nd part of the woods. The 3 week, the 3rd part of the woods, taking pictures of my beautiful views. I just want to see how the wood changes over a year, and capture it on camera on the most beautiful places I can find. Cool, no?

On a note that is barely related, I saw Hoodwinked the other day with my friend, her dad, and her 2 younger sisters. It was a suprisingly good and funny movie.

And, I urge any of you who have never heard of Wallace and Grommit to go see their movie or get it on DVD or something because I was just reminded of this giant t-shirt that is actually my brothers but I use it for a pj top that is waaay to big for me that has wallace and grommit on in.
    Woah. I think my ILA (English, reading and spelling) teacher would kill me if she saw that giant run-on sentence...

Speaking of my ILA teacher, did it ever scare you that you were a lot like one of your teachers? My ILA teachers reads a lot of books, most of the kind that I like. In fact, we were racing each other on who would finish Inkspell first. She won: she got a head start and I read Gregor the Overlander for Reading Olympics in the middle of Inkspell.
    Besides that, she likes country music. Cummon, this is creepy. Really.

Lisa: I believe it's spelled "Ciow" or something like that.

Also: I don't think it's a site, but we have a teen library group....but some of teens are scary. I think the one was literally high. not kidding. It was weird...I don't think I'll go anymore, really...

Chocolate mint m&ms....man, I love those things. How much you wanna bet that we have a ike 3 year old bag sitting in our fridge of them in there now? I'm betting yes. yes, and that's kinda gross.

Capricorn, eh, PM? REminds me of a certain evil book character who died because of a certain man's voice reading a story...
    Happy birthday, PM!

And happy birthday to Tuttle's friend!

hmm, this post has gotten rather long, hasn't it? well, I suppose I've finally run out of things to say...but not for long.

"The over-acheiver bandit strikes again!"
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Comment

• I know I jsut posted a few hours ago, but...

I like that, Monkey. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy...

Just because I thought this was so weird: Today i was outside. I know big deal right. but that's not it: I was playing baseball with my dad. In a t-shirt!! Dude, that's crazy!! And I was confortable in it too! ITS THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY, FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!

*ahem*

sorry. You know what one of my new favorite sports is? PBR = Professional Bull Riding. I was watching it on NBC today, and it was AMAZING!! This kid, only 18 years old, did pretty good! He won a heat! I wanna go to one! BUt there aren't many cowboys around where I live, so I doubt that PBR will be cummin anytime soon.

sorry, just that I'd post that for randomness!
        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• I tried out for the school musical today, the Scarlet Pimpernal or something. *shrugs* My audition sucked, and there's no way in ten thousand universe that I got it, but oh well, as least I tried (though I never expected anything in the first place and was forced to try out by other influences). They never give freshamn any parts anyway, so even I had done well, I doubt it've worked anywho.

I walked my dog today. I crashed into the street and got all cut up and bloody after my dog took off in the opposite direction and I skidded on the ice. *nurses bleeding elbows* Now I'm all cut and aching, not to mention that my fingers have been absolutely numb for half and hour (form the cold), and my clothes were soaked...

Mel:
          Ou know, I was looking through this month's National Geographics magazine, and they had a whole buncha cool dinosaur stuff (heads up for Kaiba). It was like the Thesolasaur or something. It was crazy evil and one of it's fins were the size of a full-grown human being!!!! like woah dude! (and, really, I say that sometimes...its a habit...but I don't have that "stupid" accent) And there was the mesoasaur or somthing (I don't have the mag right now so bear with me) and it was vicious too! It was a cannibal!!
          Wha?? Dinosaurs?! Where?? *races downstairs to check if new issue of National Geographic is here yet* I love dinos, thanks for telling me! ^_~ Today I played my sister's "Zoo Tycoon" game for the longest amount of time, and the whole time all I did was make giant pens for dinosaurs and watch the allosaurs eat the stegies. XP (Has an obsession with man-eating carniverous dinos, 'specially big evil theropods).

Monkey, awww, that story was soooo sweet! ^o^ *forwards it to random people*

WF said: Dark Lord of Derkholm was great. So was Year of the Griffin. ^^
          I read those books! They were good. I was really amused by Dark Lord though, it was a great read! XD

WF said: Ahahaha, wildflower needs to lay off the music that's not in English. Languages besides English make wildflower more incoherent than usual. And it took her like, five entire tries to spell incoherent correctly. Wildflower has abandoned random Korean pop and has started listening to Rammstein.
          Haha, same here! Except for me it's mostly Jpop (Japanese pop and anime music, not christian...-_-; ) and my other wierd music fetishes, like stuff I downloaded from me french penpal (she had Arabic Music, French, Italien, and even more stuff...)But now I randomly start singing in these other languages, and people get confused... >_<

Finals week is over. It was horrible, and yet, totally awesome. Like, one day I went to school at 10:10 a.m. and then went for a chorus final, sat around for fifty mintues, and then filled out a scantron on a gym final, and then left at 1. That day required no thinking at all or anything, it was fun! XD And no school monday either, whooot!! XDDD

I need to change my avvie, no offense Ryou-kun, but I'm sick of you...>_>... Maybe I'll do that sometime soon, when there's nothing else to do but something, even though I'd much prefer to do nothing. (If that made any sense at all, and of course it didn't...)

*wanders off to watch Loveless anime and search for that Geographic issue...*

Comment

• I killed the W@W spoiler forum! I was the last person to post and that was, like, three days ago! someone go post!

Living in Japan I get to hear lots of Jpop, and I am slowly beginning to be able to understand the lyrics. But I can't start randomly singing it because everyone can understand what I am saying, and will know when I make funny mistakes. But I CAN start randomly singing English songs. But I don't. I go to karaoke and do it all organised-like. There are a few Japanese songs I can sing too. I can sing bits of the Urusei Yatsura theme song.

*watashi ga dare yori ichiban
            ichiban suki yooooooooooo!*

And I can sing a song by Hyde (but it's half in English so it doesn't quite count).

I've got a bad headache today. I should go make a cup of tea. Tea always soothes my headaches.

A couple of hours later:

My headache has gone away, yay!

And my plants are back! I went to the UK and Ireland over the Xmas/NY period and my friend babysat my plants. But since we both have full-time jobs which are at very different times we have only today had time to meet and swap plants for souvenirs.
            Spot is looking a little sick, but Feather has a big bit of new growth! That surprises me, because Feather lives in a test tube that hangs on a wall, so he doesn't really have a lot of soil. There is more root matter in the tube than soil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel:
              Speaking of woods, tell me what you guys think: I'm doing this project, just for myself, in the woods. I have "picturesque views" in like 3 parts of the woods. I'm going to take my mom's old camera and walk in the woods every weekend for a year. Now one week, I'mm walk in one part of the woods and take pictures. The next week, the 2nd part of the woods. The 3 week, the 3rd part of the woods, taking pictures of my beautiful views. I just want to see how the wood changes over a year, and capture it on camera on the most beautiful places I can find. Cool, no?
              Yes, but either sketch a map of where you take the photos, or go to places that you won't forget . I tried doing that once in the forest near work, and didn't find the same places the second time. (Of course, with a digital camera you can print a reference page or two to help - my film hadn't been developed from the first set when I took the second set.)

Lisa: I believe it's spelled "Ciow" or something like that.
              "Ciao", apparently - it's Italian.

Capricorn, eh, PM? REminds me of a certain evil book character who died because of a certain man's voice reading a story...
              Happy birthday, PM!
              Thanks !

Monkey: I guessed from the "deformed back" part
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• This is a very moving story:
                Jeremy was born with a twisted body, a slow mind and a chronic, terminal illness that had been slowly killing him all his young life. Still, his parents had tried to give him as normal a life as possible and had sent him to St. Theresa's Elementary School.

At the age of 12, Jeremy was only in second grade, seemingly unable to learn. His teacher, Doris Miller, often became exasperated with him. He would squirm in his seat, drool and make grunting noises. At other times, he spoke clearly and distinctly, as if a spot of light had penetrated the darkness of his brain. Most of the time, however, Jeremy irritated his teacher.

One day, she called his parents and asked them to come to St. Teresa's for a consultation. As the Forresters sat quietly in the empty classroom, Doris said to them, "Jeremy really belongs in a special school. It isn't fair to him to be with younger children who don't have learning problems. Why, there is a five-year gap between his age and that of the other students!"

Mrs. Forrester cried softly into a tissue while her husband spoke. "Miss Miller," he said, "there is no school of that kind nearby. It would be a terrible shock for Jeremy if we had to take him out of this school. We know he really likes it here."

Doris sat for a long time after they left, staring at the snow outside the window. Its coldness seemed to seep into her soul. She wanted to sympathize with the Forresters. After all, their only child had a terminal illness. But it wasn't fair to keep him in her class.

She had 18 other youngsters to teach and Jeremy was a distraction. Furthermore, he would never learn to read or write. Why waste any more time trying?

As she pondered the situation, guilt washed over her. "Oh God," she said aloud, "here I am complaining when my problems are nothing compared with that poor family! Please help me to be more patient with Jeremy."

From that day on, she tried hard to ignore Jeremy's noises and his blank stares. Then one day he limped to her desk, dragging his bad leg behind him.

"I love you, Miss Miller," he exclaimed, loudly enough for the whole class to hear. The other children snickered, and Doris' face turned red. She stammered, "Wh-Why, that's very nice, Jeremy. Now please take your seat."

Spring came, and the children talked excitedly about the coming of Easter. Doris told them the story of Jesus, and then to emphasize the idea of new life springing forth, she gave each of the children a large plastic egg.

"Now,"

she said to them "I want you to take this home and bring it back tomorrow with something inside that shows new life. Do you understand?" "Yes, Miss Miller!" the children responded enthusiastically - all except for Jeremy. He just listened intently, his eyes never left her face. He did not even make his usual noises. Had he understood what she had said about Jesus' death and resurrection? Did he understand the assignment? Perhaps she should call his parents and explain the project to them.

That evening, Doris' kitchen sink stopped up. She called the landlord and waited an hour for him to come by and unclog it. After that, she still had to shop for groceries, iron a blouse and prepare a vocabulary test for the next day. She completely forgot about phoning Jeremy's parents.

The next morning, 19 children came to school, laughing and talking as
                they placed their eggs in the large wicker basket on Miss Miller's desk. After they completed their Math lesson, it was time to open the eggs.

In the first egg, Doris found a flower. "Oh yes, a flower is certainly
                a sign of new life," she said. "When plants peek through the ground we know that spring is here." A small girl in the first row waved her arms. "That's my egg, Miss Miller," she called out.

The next egg contained a plastic butterfly, which looked very real.
                Doris held it up. "We all know that a caterpillar changes and grows into a beautiful butterfly. Yes that is new life, too" Little Judy smiled proudly and said, "Miss Miller, that one is mine."

Next Doris found a rock with moss on it. She explained that the moss,
                too, showed life. Billy spoke up from the back of the classroom. "My Daddy helped me!" he beamed.

Then Doris opened the fourth egg. She gasped. The egg was empty!
                Surely it must be Jeremy's, she thought, and, of course, he did not understand her instructions. If only she had not forgotten to phone his parents. Because she did not want to embarrass him, she quietly set the egg aside and reached for another. Suddenly Jeremy spoke up. "Miss Miller, aren't you going to talk about my egg?" Flustered, Doris replied, "but Jeremy - your egg is empty!" He looked into her eyes and said softly, "Yes, but Jesus' tomb was empty too!"

Time stopped. When she could speak again. Doris asked him, " Do you
                know why the tomb was empty?" "Oh yes!" Jeremy exclaimed. "Jesus was killed and put in there. Then his Father raised him up!"

The recess bell rang. While the children excitedly ran out to the
                school yard, Doris cried. The cold inside her melted completely away.

Three months later Jeremy died. Those who paid their respects at the
                mortuary were surprised to see 19 eggs on top of his casket, all of them empty.

If by now you are crying know that you are not alone, and please, take a tissue.
                (\__/) "Be amazing"
                (+'.'+)
                (")_(")

Comment

• Haven't been here for a few days...wow, lots of new posts and stuff. XD Of course. Well, I went to indoor track yesterday, and would have gone today, but I had to get my Julius Caesar paper corrected by my English teacher. I love Shakespeare...he's so much fun to read, even if half the time I'm too asleep to understand what his plays say.

Wow. Just looked at iTunes. Do you know what the number one selling album is for today? The soundtrack to Disney's High School Musical. Oy. *shakes head* It was a good enough movie and all, but the songs weren't that great! I really couldn't see wasting money on it...maybe it's just my mood today, I'm sort of anti-Disney at the moment.

Stupid semesters...I switched classes on Monday-now I don't have any classes I can eat in on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I don't have lunch those days) and it sort of stinks.

Basketball! I practically tackled 2 girls at my game on Sunday, it was really funny, and I felt sort of bad afterward, but it was still fun.

Applied for A.P. European History and A.P. English 11 today. Hope I can handle 2 A.P. classes and running...It's scheduling time for next year, that's why I have to apply. I hate scheduling.

Okay, Julius Caesar paper...should go do it. Should have done it 2 hours ago. Adios everyone! Might not see you all for a few days or so...very busy, with the new semester and all.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Yeah...I'm not having the best day, but bubble baths actually do help. I broke up with Zach. I feel awful about it, but not because of breaking up exactly...because of hurting him, and losing the relationship we had. I'm so used to being his girlfriend... I derno. But, I wasn't happy, and I was making life miserable for everyone involved, and we just weren't meant for each other.

Sorry for the whole pity party there.

Weeell, on a brighter note... Crap. I can't think of anything! Ahhh! I'm gonna fail all my tests tomorrow...no, that's not happy either. Um...oh! I have horseback riding tomorrow! There! That's happy! Riight? Riiiight?

Meh. I have to go study for a stupid test for Bible where I have to have like 20 dates memorized, even though he's only gonna ask like 2 questions about them...
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• We had the other day this thing. It was called the super-duper re-vague-ish-fier. It made things vague. So could someone please turn that thing off before I...Umm, what was I saying? Something about that thing that makes people be... not explaining things... Oh well. Anyways, I was trying to warn you about this thng that makes people forget stuff, kind alike that other thing, which makes people do that stuff, with that one weird effect that makes you do that one thing.

So, who wants a carrot?

Comment

• *start musisc*Im dropping out of the YW world for a while... not entirely my choice, but ill still stick my nose in as often as i can. Never forget the Kittens and Custard, why gryph can say OUT OF CONTEXT entirely out context, and that The bunny needs help to take over the world, so help bunny.
                        Ill be around, yet not really, ill just be... me *end music*
                        on a happier note, Skitty is younger then me *gryph runs overs, smacks me* LOL
                        anyways... MEGATOKYO is excellent, thanks to PM for that, Dominic-Deegan, oracle for hire, and Order of the Stick, my favorite web comics ever, and tori... well, tori knows what i told her, so she...
                        Dai Stiheh, Breath Deep, Seek Peace, and Hunt's Luck to all of ya
                        "Absurdity is the spice of life, the little things that always make the one being absurd laugh, and no one else"-me, being serious
                        Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him alight and he's warm for the rest of his life ~ Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Comment

• Don't be scared of the needles, Char! It's not that bad, really. You can't even feel it - honestly, I was crying my eyes out and screaming then the dentist pulled back and said, "Okay, now it's time to drill." The drilling is the scary part. It doesn't hurt, but you can feel it a little, and you know it should hurt. Unless the dentist pulls the drill out and hits your lip. Then it hurts.

Hm. I'm wearing my Burger King hat. I am High King Lisa! Did you know Burger King crown things have instructions inside? It's instructions on how to play a game. Fun!

seabiscuit: We just ended health. Thank god.

And actually, Christopher Paolini was 15 when he began writing Eragon. His family self-published it when he was about 18-19, then Carl Hiaasen's kid read it and said "Hey, this is good." So it got really published. I think. Don't quote me on that - go to www.alagaesia.com because I'm too lazy.

...Seventh period was fun. I walked around and took pictures the whole time. About 80% of it was just walking around. For an hour an a half!

I saw Peter Pan on Friday/Saturday (it kind of...ran into Saturday morning). Typically, I cried. The real version, not the animated one. It was soo sad! Also typically, I downloaded three of the songs - Fairy Dance, Flying, and I Do Believe In Fairies. I wanted to watch it again, but my friend's dad accidentally returned it. It's really emotional, and Paige kept trying to cheer me up - "Lisa, don't cry - just think about how hot Peter is." Seriously, he is, but that's a minor point. I have to read the book now!

Speaking of reading, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. And that's it. I can't even try to read anything else because it actually challenges me a little bit. And I finished all of Orson Scott Card (not all, but all the Enderverse ones.)

Did anyone else watch Disney's "High School Musical"? Another awesome movie! I know it's cliche, and I know it's unrealistic (come on, a popular guy falling in love with a shy, brainy girl, and said girl being gorgeous? Give me a break), but I love it anyway. A girl can dream, can't she? But it went over VERY well with my school - on Monday I kept hearing "Breaking Free" and "Get'cha Head in the Game" from my fellow students. 9 out of the 13 songs on the soundtrack are on the top 100 list on iTunes - all 9 of those are above 30. It's the #1 Album, and the #1 song is "Breaking Free." If you have iTunes, at least check out the songs. They're so fun! My favorite line from the movie - "The skater dudes are mingling! Suddenly people think they can do other things!

And happy birthday tomorrow, Mozart!
                          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• i wonder whatpeople would do if fire rained down on the sky upon them. flee? scream? dance? do the cha cha? point and laugh?
                            " duct tape, the substance that binds the universe together" Tom Swale

"Magic, like life, is what you make it, so make it good" A Wise Man

Comment

• Today's the last day of 2nd term here at my school. Next week i will have all new classes, get lost on the way to said classes, and prolly end up irritating my teachers somehow through no fault of my own...it's inevitable...

on the other hand i've left the class of one of the most coolest teachers ever... Mr. Franke's astronomy class is brilliantly fun.

On an Even HAPPIER NOTE.

THREE DAY WEEKEND WHOOOOOOOO!!!!
                              ---------------------------------------
                              YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                              "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

• POTATOES!!! potatoespotatoespotatoes POTATOOOOOES!!!!!!!
                                Yes its just me. heheheh.

Comment

Working...
                                X